Amazon is now shipping cargo for outside customers in its latest move to compete with FedEx and UPS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Amazon is now shipping cargo for outside customers in its latest move to compete with FedEx and UPS - CNBC

Amazon is on a spending spree to grow its shipping business and isn’t content with only delivering products purchased on its own site. The company is now moving cargo for outside customers in its latest move to compete directly with FedEx and UPS.

“They want to be a new kind of U.S. Postal Service where everything can get everywhere, but also quickly,” said e-commerce consultant Chris McCabe, who was a seller performance investigator at Amazon from 2006 to 2012.

Amazon said in its first-quarter earnings report that capital expenditures were up a whopping 80% from a year earlier, helping it increase capacity of its in-house logistics network by 50% year over year. According to SJ Consulting Group, Amazon is now shipping 72% of its own packages, up from 46.6% in 2019.

I wish Carol and my brown brothers read that article. We all laugh when we see Amazon parked on the wrong side of the street and driving around with their van door open or when we see Fed Ex drivers sprinting up and down drive ways while ”music” is blasting out of the package car but what it realistically comes down to is the bottom line. Money. If a shipper can save some by shipping with someone else then I imagine they won’t hesitate to do that. They already have the customers money. Any shipping delays falls back on us.

Amazon has the money to flex and Fed Ex has the know how. Hopefully Carol doesn’t mind opening the wallet to let UPS keep up with the times and not have us always looking over our shoulders. It takes more than just saying it. If you want to be BETTER stop the management harassment, drop the routing system that thinks a package car can do a 180 in the middle of a street, and listen to your employees who aren’t stuck behind a desk.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Amazon is now shipping cargo for outside customers in its latest move to compete with FedEx and UPS - CNBC

Amazon is on a spending spree to grow its shipping business and isn’t content with only delivering products purchased on its own site. The company is now moving cargo for outside customers in its latest move to compete directly with FedEx and UPS.

“They want to be a new kind of U.S. Postal Service where everything can get everywhere, but also quickly,” said e-commerce consultant Chris McCabe, who was a seller performance investigator at Amazon from 2006 to 2012.

Amazon said in its first-quarter earnings report that capital expenditures were up a whopping 80% from a year earlier, helping it increase capacity of its in-house logistics network by 50% year over year. According to SJ Consulting Group, Amazon is now shipping 72% of its own packages, up from 46.6% in 2019.
They must not be talking about 3rd party shippers because my Amazon volume is just fine.

Reywas3

You really think making money and growing as big as Amazon comes from less "management harrassment" or not "listening to employees" and their complaints about Orion?

Watch the CNBC video that details all that Amazon is actually doing to gain a big competitive advantage over UPS (and everyone else)

(and that has nothing to do with your relatively petty complaints/advice about how to build a bigger corporation)

Reywas3

They will keep giving us the furniture, dog food, and rural chasers while they try to go after our actual accounts.
Exactly. Why deliver furniture, dog food, etc. if it's unprofitable? Leave that to ol' UPS.

We'll just focus on all the stuff that actually makes money

Big Rigger

You really think making money and growing as big as Amazon comes from less "management harrassment" or not "listening to employees" and their complaints about Orion?

Watch the CNBC video that details all that Amazon is actually doing to gain a big competitive advantage over UPS (and everyone else)

(and that has nothing to do with your relatively petty complaints/advice about how to build a bigger corporation)
I'm sure Amazon got as big as it did by listening attentively to it's workers suggestions 🙄
I wonder what their CSI is as well as their on time/correct day delivery percentage.
DHL was a huge competitor but failed.
Depending on how bad the government wrecks the economy the target for chosing a delivery company will move.
FDX has taken 11 days to get a computer to my buddy and the hub is 90 minutes from his house.
He told me that the phone rep said they have staffing issues.
Good luck chicken little.