Amazon Lockers Are

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by rown_oser, Jan 15, 2020.

?

Are Amazon Lockers Residential or Commercial?

This poll will close on Jan 14, 2021 at 8:32 AM.
  1. Residential

77.8%
  2. Commercial

22.2%
  1. rown_oser

rown_oser Same As It Ever Was

Because most lockers are at commercial establishments, many believe to sheet as commercial. Yet it’s not the business receiving packages for their benefit/operations. So, how do you sheet these packages? Asking for a brother.

2. Residential

3. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

I asked this question when I first started and was told commercial by one sup. Months later, center manager “corrected” me and said resi.
    Upon my own personal further review, I say resi. When it’s constantly sheeted as commercial it will eventually get to the point where its permanently commercial; which means no ni1’s between 12-1or after 5. I’ve gotten the green light on that and Oms asked me to resheet. I had a pickup in that strip mall later that day so it wasn’t a big deal but its still counterproductive. And every one of those locker pkgs might as well be a bulk stop at Wal-Mart. Just makes more sense to treat them as resi pkgs. And it feels weird choosing cir LOCKER as the receiver. Nobody is actually receiving the pkg

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

It's residential. I was told before we are not breaking off to a locker to deliver savers as comm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

So now you get to leave stops at a central locker? Damn you guys have it easy now days. :-)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

On paper sounds easily. In reality it's a nightmare.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

Sounds more like a wet dream to me.

8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Many new apartments and condos use a locker system for package deliveries. Pain in the rear. A lot simpler to leave at front door or have the office accept them.

9. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

They are residential. each package is 1 stop. Don't bring back call tags, throw them away if the package is not in the locker.

It's in the amazon locker DIAD training you'll take every year.

10. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I have a ton of those. Depends on the apartment complex if they are a pain in the rear. I can get 80 stops in the lockers and then spend all day walking around delivering 30 stops.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Get another route. Who needs those headaches?

12. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

Some people get hung up by the technology but it really is fun.
    The lockers tell you to put one package at a time into them. If you want to do it quick you can ignore the prompt and shove all of 1 apt # into 1 locker. If you want to draw it out you can fill up the lockers 1 package at a time until it is full, then hunt for doors on your remaining pieces.

Eventually it gets as quick as the endless diad menus.

They absolutely save drivers on their qualifying period, since each locker delivery gets the same time allowance as an apartment door.

13. onewithedd

onewithedd Active Member

Everything UPS does is counterproductive

14. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

I do ten apartments and got looking forward to three more in the next six months and who knows how many more after that.

You know what I love about em the most? They're all low income housing these peeps are paying $50 a month for an apartment. I'd make fun of millennials for not being able to afford a fifty dollar a month apartment but they are only for homeless and foreigners.

I feel so good when I see my tax bill, knowing that it's going for foreigners to live in a brand new apartment for fifty bucks a month.

One of the shippers at one of my PU told me he went and checked a brand new one out. And he was qualified. To pay fifty bucks a month.

He looked sad.

Said, "I thought I was doing pretty well with my life"

But none of that is why I hate Amazon lockers. Luxor lockers? Heck ya bro I'll knock out fifty stops that hour, thirty in that luxor locker.

Amazon locker? The amazon locker treats me like I'm a retard. "only put one package in the locker at a time" OK

*take your gloves off and press ok if you understand*

Oh sorry Amazon putting a box in a box is so confusing

"we didn't detect your box"

BEEP locker pops back open, sorry alexa I'm already walking out the door

15. Siveriano

Siveriano Active Member

Im in love with the lockers. I only have 1 building with them but its nice to say "hey look I did this many more stops per hour than on my OJS, meaning im the best driver"
    Also have lockers and need time allowance?
    1- Scan package
    2- DR location OTHER
    3-Type lockers
    4- Scan info notice
    5-Free time.

Or
    Pre-record every single package on a single stop then have the office "if the building has one" signed for it, Left At "Lockers"

16. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

I do resi for mine but the ones I have are all at apartment complexes.

17. Zowert

Zowert Active Member

I love when people try to scam Amazon out of their return. They go through the whole process of return shipment at the locker, only they don’t put anything in it and just keep their package. Driver throws call tag away when he/she sees locker empty then the customer calls up and lies, “I put it in the locker! You guys lost it!”

18. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

What if the package is large? Like a propane gas grill, where does it go?

19. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

If it won't fit in a locker, it's treated as a regular delivery.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

Does the driver determine that at the time he gets to the locker? Then possibly having to back into an area he already serviced earlier in the day?