Amazon needs to be unionized. What a joke.

ManInBrown

And nothing will happen. Amazon will come out with a canned response that the driver should have never been told to keep delivering. And 2 weeks from now it’ll happen again. If Amazon drivers and employees were unionized something like this would never happen. You can’t even partly blame the driver and say geez, why even check. Just stop delivering and either shelter somewhere or bring it in. That’s how fearful they are working at Amazon. Disgusting treatment of an employee.

Poop Head

Judge me.

And nothing will happen. Amazon will come out with a canned response that the driver should have never been told to keep delivering. And 2 weeks from now it’ll happen again. If Amazon drivers and employees were unionized something like this would never happen. You can’t even partly blame the driver and say geez, why even check. Just stop delivering and either shelter somewhere or bring it in. That’s how fearful they are working at Amazon. Disgusting treatment of an employee.
I mean, just because theres a tornado warning, doesnt mean the weather is too bad to deliver in.

quad decade guy

Have you ever worked at UPS? Your statement doesn't match my experience in 40 years at UPS.

We were at PCM one morning. A driver was always picked(RANDOM) to give a safety tip.....it was raining that morning and he said "slow down for conditions" and the ORS stepped in immediately and said "No, no don't slow down...".

I could go on and on.

Est.1998

If a tornado warning is issued for my delivery area, i wouldn't stop nor call my supe. If it's raining super hard, I'll just pull over and wait for the rain to subside.
If i see a funnel forming, I'm taking cover. UPS drivers never talk about bringing it in unless they're close to 14 or it's a blizzard.

If a tornado warning is issued for my delivery area, i wouldn't stop nor call my supe. If it's raining super hard, I'll just pull over and wait for the rain to subside.
If i see a funnel forming, I'm taking cover. UPS drivers never talk about bringing it in unless they're close to 14 or it's a blizzard.
Brought all of our drivers in at 6PM last Wednesday during severe weather. Hard to see a tornado at night and most drivers don't have radios for up to the minute reports. Even stopped the sort for 20 minutes and had everyone shelter in place. I am sure it was because of what happened the week before.

Poop Head

Judge me.
They call tornado warnings all the time, without there actually being a funnel cloud. They just look at the radar and say, welp that looks like it could be a tornado, fire up the sirens.

Arch

Amazon drivers don't really work for Amazon. They work for DSP's which is similar to how FedEx Ground works. Not easy to unionize and most drivers there are too scared to speak up to the truth and strike.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Possibly true. Your statement.
I was delivering through a tornado warning this past summer. Sirens start going off, i thought it was just a test. But they didnt stop. No rain, super calm on the ground. Very eery feeling. Low ass clouds, lots of churning. Dark as heck in multiple directions. No traffic. Some people in their yards and porches, looking up at the sky. Some kids giving me thumbs up as im driving by.
Was definitely one of the best days of work last year. Lmao.

Cowboy Mac

Have you ever worked at UPS? Your statement doesn't match my experience in 40 years at UPS.

We were at PCM one morning. A driver was always picked(RANDOM) to give a safety tip.....it was raining that morning and he said "slow down for conditions" and the ORS stepped in immediately and said "No, no don't slow down...".

I could go on and on.
During a safety meeting, center managers says “Stop telling these guys to slow down in the rain! If the speed limit says 70, that means 70 in all conditions!”

Everyone else at the table: Blank Stares

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I was delivering through a tornado warning this past summer. Sirens start going off, i thought it was just a test. But they didnt stop. No rain, super calm on the ground. Very eery feeling. Low ass clouds, lots of churning. Dark as heck in multiple directions. No traffic. Some people in their yards and porches, looking up at the sky. Some kids giving me thumbs up as im driving by.
Was definitely one of the best days of work last year. Lmao.
Please be careful union brother
🧔✊

Signature Only

Blue in Brown

I could go on and on.
Reminds me of an on-property accident. Our safety committee supervisor (what a bi***) hit a preloader's car pulling into her parking spot while yacking on her cell. The preloader always parked in the same spot and she took his entire front bumper off...She just left the wreckage lying, blocking the drive and walked up to her office.

We drivers attempted to "review" the accident during the PCM, the damage, the fact nothing was cleaned up and the great lesson about distracted driving. We kept switching the stop light outside the office to red, indicating there had been a center accident only to have management turn it back.

They ignored everybody and the mechanic had to move the bumper and sweep up the debris because it was in front of his bay.

So she (safety bi***) goes telling this poor preloader who's trying to load 4 cars not to call the police or his insurance company.

He got an estimate, doubled it and she paid cash a week later.

She was a real piece of work.