Amazon now delaying prime orders for a month

Overpaid Union Thug

It’s like $9 a month. The time you spend trying to find something priced the same with free shipping is likely worth those $9 to many people.

I’m not trying to sell you that it’s some amazing value but acting like $100 a year is some huge ripoff is just dumb
I’ve saved more than the price of the yearly membership fee shopping elsewhere with only having spent a few extra minutes (max) price matching. LOL. So yeah....it’s a ripoff to for me to pay for Prime. And I imagine it’s a ripoff for most people unless they take FULL advantage of ALL the other services included. I mean it’s so easy to save 10-25% buying elsewhere simply by signing up for the website’s email subscription and then promptly unsubscribing. I’ve even been a repeat offender on many websites. LOL.

I get some people are so lazy that they don’t want to spend a few extra seconds/minutes to save money (yet, spend hours on social media) but for others its a matter of ignorance. I guess having a Prime membership is just cool.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’ve saved more than the price of the yearly membership fee shopping elsewhere with only having spent a few extra minutes (max) price matching. LOL. So yeah....it’s a ripoff to for me to pay for Prime. And I imagine it’s a ripoff for most people unless they take FULL advantage of ALL the other services included. I mean it’s so easy to save 10-25% buying elsewhere simply by signing up for the website’s email subscription and then promptly unsubscribing. I’ve even been a repeat offender on many websites. LOL.

I get some people are so lazy that they don’t want to spend a few extra seconds/minutes to save money (yet, spend hours on social media) but for others its a matter of ignorance. I guess having a Prime membership is just cool.
YAWN

like I said it’s $100 and convenient. No one cares.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

I think it matters very much what you are buying.
Some items have a much lower profit margin, and it's hard to beat Amazon on those items.

Also, how many purchases will matter. I buy gifts at Christmas, and then maybe new earbuds or razor blades a couple times a year.
Doesn't make sense for me.
Many drivers wives... May have more time and money to spend shopping.

over9five

Staff member
I dont know why you'd give your money to a company that's taking our jobs. For years we were the majority shipper for Amazon, now they're stabbing us in the heart trying to do it all themselves. Yes, I use Amazon if I have no other choice, but I try not to. EBay is a good alternative.

Overpaid Union Thug

I got stuff coming friday. I also use subscribe and save and all that stuff is scheduled to arrive on time.
Do you have a Sams or Costco membership? We started buying all of our frequently used household items from Sams in bulk years ago because it was cheaper than ordering from Amazon. We started paying attention because I didn’t like paying for both Sams and Prime. Noticed the prices on Amazon Subscribe and a save weren’t always up to par.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
ee
Do you have a Sams or Costco membership? We started buying all of our frequently used household items from Sams in bulk years ago because it was cheaper than ordering from Amazon. We started paying attention because I didn’t like paying for both Sams and Prime. Noticed the prices on Amazon Subscribe and a save weren’t always up to par.
Yup, we buy a lot of stuff in bulk from Costco. The stuff we get we get from Amazon is stuff that Costco doesn't carry.

Indecisi0n

I dont know why you'd give your money to a company that's taking our jobs. For years we were the majority shipper for Amazon, now they're stabbing us in the heart trying to do it all themselves. Yes, I use Amazon if I have no other choice, but I try not to. EBay is a good alternative.
Ebay has turned into a :censored2: show. Amazon has EVERYTHING and being close to one of their warehouses I get all my stuff in a day. On top of that their returns couldn't be easier. They change with the times. If UPS doesn't, we will be left behind.

Brownslave688

Stabbing us in the heart? 90% of employees could see what was happening but not corporate? Corporate made their bed on that one not a damn thing any ups employee can do at this point to change it.

Indecisi0n

I don’t yawn at $100 so a few extra seconds or minutes of my time to save more than that each year is well worth it. And plenty of people care. Otherwise everyone in America would be members. But that’s not the case.
I yawn at $100. I'll pack lunch for a week and make that up if I need to. My time is a lot more valuable than $100 so to me its worth every penny.

Brownslave688

Ebay has turned into a :censored2: show. Amazon has EVERYTHING and being close to one of their warehouses I get all my stuff in a day. On top of that their returns couldn't be easier. They change with the times. If UPS doesn't, we will be left behind.
They’re also a reputable company. I recently paid double for a 4 wheeler part because the place I found it cheaper at was just sketchy

Overpaid Union Thug

Amazon Prime Has 100 Million U.S. Members
100 Million plus a year ago.

There's only about 200 million adults in the country. So about 50%.
Oh wow. I thought more had memberships. There is hope for this country after all. LOL
I work long hours and do a lot of stuff outside of work. To be able to come home and have my stuff waiting for me is worth more than $100 to me. I guess we are all different.
I get it. I’m a tightwad so I’m more than willing to spend a few extra seconds/minutes (max) to save money. And the stuff is still waiting for me when I get home from work. Just like everyone else. I’ve been real successful on gun parts. My last two orders netted a savings of over $45 dollars just by going directly to the product website and signing up for email blasts. It took me probably a total of 45 seconds to save almost $50 on two products. Just something to consider.

Indecisi0n

Oh wow. I thought more had memberships. There is hope for this country after all. LOL

I get it. I’m a tightwad so I’m more than willing to spend a few extra seconds/minutes (max) to save money. And the stuff is still waiting for me when I get home from work. Just like everyone else. I’ve been real successful on gun parts. My last two orders netted a savings of over $45 dollars just by going directly to the product website and signing up for email blasts. It took me probably a total of 45 seconds to save almost $50 on two products. Just something to consider.
Most of the time car/motorcycle/house parts are generally the same price that I look up. The difference is the cost of shipping and shipping times. I went up paying more for shipping for the dealer so it ends up being a wash for cost saving (most of the time). Then comes shipping. Again most parts take at least a week to get where with Amazon I get them the very next day or two days max.