Amazon now delaying prime orders for a month

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I've been to three Amazon buildings in the past week. One told me they didn't have enough people show up to unload their trailers. The next day their gate was open with a phone number to call, I guess they moved the transportation people inside the building temporarily because they were short staffed.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We supplement Sams with Walmart. I’d spend way too long standing in various aisles there price matching Amazon subscribe and save. LOL.
Our monthly subscribe and save is around 300$, the 15% discount more than covers the yearly prime membership. We also have FireTV and use that a lot. I'm always on the lookout for deals but honestly Amazon Prime is a pretty good deal for what we want.

Overpaid Union Thug

I dont know why you'd give your money to a company that's taking our jobs. For years we were the majority shipper for Amazon, now they're stabbing us in the heart trying to do it all themselves. Yes, I use Amazon if I have no other choice, but I try not to. EBay is a good alternative.
Stabbing us in the heart? 90% of employees could see what was happening but not corporate? Corporate made their bed on that one not a damn thing any ups employee can do at this point to change it.
If enough UPSers (let alone everyone else) cancelled their memberships Amazon would have less capital to fuel their takeover. Those memberships are literally paying for the additional warehouses, equipment, and drivers that are facilitating the loss of business for UPS. As well as other companies that would otherwise use UPS to ship the products. Just sayin....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If enough UPSers (let alone everyone else) cancelled their memberships Amazon would have less capital to fuel their takeover. Those memberships are literally paying for the additional warehouses, equipment, and drivers that are facilitating the loss of business for UPS. As well as other companies that would otherwise use UPS to ship the products. Just sayin....
No those memberships are a drop in a 500 gallon tank. AWS pays for all of that. That’s why my side business runs off digital ocean not AWS.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
But they aren't beating us, and that's the point.

They have a basically unlimited supply of capital through their massive AWS sales which subsidize most of their other projects.
Their shipping is not making them money. It has very little to do with the membership numbers.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
No those memberships are a drop in a 500 gallon tank. AWS pays for all of that. That’s why my side business runs off digital ocean not AWS.
Should have refreshed.
Dang. Beat me to it.

Kudos for DO btw. I use them too. They're pretty awesome.
Might try Azure in future, though. Heard some good things.

Brownslave688

You don’t think prime memberships, along with any other money coming in, doesn’t help fuel the giant at all? LOL
No I don’t think a company that is closing in on 100 BILLION per quarter in revenue that has 40 BILLION in cash reserves cares about a couple million bucks per month. It’s ass wiping money to Amazon.

Overpaid Union Thug

No I don’t think a company that is closing in on 100 BILLION per quarter in revenue that has 40 BILLION in cash reserves cares about a couple million bucks per month. It’s ass wiping money to Amazon.
You’re so shortsighted. Do you really think they built that without help from thousands of UPSers? LOL That cash didn’t come out of thin air over night.

DOK

Our volume is way down. Pre 2019 levels. I heard something about us not doing 2 days anymore and it’s only one days, or vice versus.

but isnt that why amazon charges $98 something a year is for the 2 day shipping. People need to demand a refund.
Who’s volume is way down? We’re blasted here. I guess it’s different around the country.

Brownslave688

You’re so shortsighted. Do you really think they built that without help from thousands of UPSers? LOL That cash didn’t come out of thin air over night.
If by that you literally mean $1 from a upser made its way to helping pay.....of course it did.

what you’re not grasping is all of
The UPSers dollars are the equivalent of a penny in your annual budget.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm not the company, I just work here. How UPS deals with Amazon is not up to you or me. Why should I participate in some little boycott of a company that UPS is currently doing business with? So management signs a multi million dollar contract with Amazon and then the employees are supposed to boycott them? How much sense does that make?