Amazon now delaying prime orders for a month

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ItsBritney, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

I've been to three Amazon buildings in the past week. One told me they didn't have enough people show up to unload their trailers. The next day their gate was open with a phone number to call, I guess they moved the transportation people inside the building temporarily because they were short staffed.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Our monthly subscribe and save is around 300$, the 15% discount more than covers the yearly prime membership. We also have FireTV and use that a lot. I'm always on the lookout for deals but honestly Amazon Prime is a pretty good deal for what we want.

3. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

If enough UPSers (let alone everyone else) cancelled their memberships Amazon would have less capital to fuel their takeover. Those memberships are literally paying for the additional warehouses, equipment, and drivers that are facilitating the loss of business for UPS. As well as other companies that would otherwise use UPS to ship the products. Just sayin....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Jones

I'm hoping bezos buys us out myself.

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

No those memberships are a drop in a 500 gallon tank. AWS pays for all of that. That’s why my side business runs off digital ocean not AWS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Coronavirus? What coronavirus?

But they aren't beating us, and that's the point.

They have a basically unlimited supply of capital through their massive AWS sales which subsidize most of their other projects.
    Their shipping is not making them money. It has very little to do with the membership numbers.

7. Dhydratd

Dhydratd Active Member

It was National Geographic at my house :thumbup1:

8. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Coronavirus? What coronavirus?

Should have refreshed.
    Dang. Beat me to it.

Kudos for DO btw. I use them too. They're pretty awesome.
    Might try Azure in future, though. Heard some good things.

9. Overpaid Union Thug

You don’t think prime memberships, along with any other money coming in, doesn’t help fuel the giant at all? LOL

10. Brownslave688

No I don’t think a company that is closing in on 100 BILLION per quarter in revenue that has 40 BILLION in cash reserves cares about a couple million bucks per month. It’s ass wiping money to Amazon.

11. Brownslave688

I wish DO had an auto scaling option is my only complaint

12. Overpaid Union Thug

You’re so shortsighted. Do you really think they built that without help from thousands of UPSers? LOL That cash didn’t come out of thin air over night.

13. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

Who’s volume is way down? We’re blasted here. I guess it’s different around the country.

14. MattM

MattM Active Member

I should say, our air volume is way down. Not sure what the ground side is dealing with.

15. Brownslave688

If by that you literally mean $1 from a upser made its way to helping pay.....of course it did.

what you’re not grasping is all of
    The UPSers dollars are the equivalent of a penny in your annual budget.

16. Overpaid Union Thug

Hey. Whatever helps you justify cutting your own throat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

Didn't read everything, but :censored2: amazon!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Brownslave688

You’re barking up the wrong tree man. Maybe call Abney and ask why he gave Amazon a 90% discount on air or took the fall for Amazon in 2013 or continues to take millions of amazon packages at massive discounts....

19. Overpaid Union Thug

That too! The same tree.

20. Jones

I'm not the company, I just work here. How UPS deals with Amazon is not up to you or me. Why should I participate in some little boycott of a company that UPS is currently doing business with? So management signs a multi million dollar contract with Amazon and then the employees are supposed to boycott them? How much sense does that make?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List