Amazon Prime Air Seen Surging Fivefold to 200 Jets, Rivaling UPS

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Do they ever do pickups with call tags? How about overweights? Welcome to injury world when you stop delivering envelopes.

I shoved a beat up 140 lb. Amazon dining set out my rear door one day. I was shocked when the customer told me a few days later that an Amazon driver picked it up.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah, Amazon 3rd party sellers are also on EBay, but lowest prices (including low/free shipping ) wins my business since most products are made in China anyways.

Son wanted a certain Lego set. I told him to shop online for a better price.

Found same set on eBay for $30 less.

Now I told him with that savings, he can use it to get another set; just use the powa of teh internetz & u can just use Amazon to check on the product reviews

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah, Amazon 3rd party sellers are also on EBay, but lowest prices (including low/free shipping ) wins my business since most products are made in China anyways.

Now I told him with that savings, he can use it to get another set; just use the powa of teh internetz & u can just use Amazon to check on the product reviews

You made your kid shop for his own presents?

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't but anything from Amazon, ebay only. If i get a drop shipper from Amazon i send that Sh ! t right back

It’s so easy to beat Amazon’s prices. But most people are too lazy or ignorant to try.
Amazon reviews are very unreliable. Google it and you'll find a lot of interesting stories on the subject.

Counterfeit goods are also a huge issue for Amazon.
Some of those third party sellers are changing the SKU numbers on certain products that had bad reviews, or are slightly different (or are counterfeit), and reselling them again on Amazon. There is an Amazon business in my area that does that. They know someone in the sweat shops in China and have a deal worked out to have those products shipped to their warehouse here instead of back to China when a customer returns them. And people buy that crap as soon as it’s listed again.

Johney

I think the biggest draw to Amazon is for the most part you can order something on Saturday night and have it on your doorstep by Sunday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think it's a great idea - a win/win. Kids need to understand the value of currency and how different businesses operate and at the same time get a gift at the same time.

I was just giving him a hard time as I also think it is a great idea.

I have 3 grandchildren and have no idea what to get them so my kids will send me Amazon links of what they want.

Box Ox

Some of those third party sellers are changing the SKU numbers on certain products that had bad reviews, or are slightly different (or are counterfeit), and reselling them again on Amazon.

Yeah, third party Amazon sellers really are dog:censored2: much of the time. Have friends and family members who accidentally buy from them when they’re the default seller of an item because their price is like 5 cents less than Amazon’s.

They then either have to live with the fake/low quality item or send it back for a refund after dealing with the third party seller return process if I notice they’ve been had within their return period.

Overpaid Union Thug

Yeah, third party Amazon sellers really are dog:censored2: much of the time. Have friends and family members who accidentally buy from them when they’re the default seller of an item because their price is like 5 cents less than Amazon’s.

They then either have to live with the fake/low quality item or send it back for a refund after dealing with the third party seller return process if I notice they’ve been had within their return period.
I guess it’s just easier for some people to blindly click that “Add To Cart” button continue to tell themselves that their yearly membership fee and “free 2 day shipping” makes it all worth it.

Staydryitsraining

I'm still trying to figure out how Amazon can build this delivery network on the backs of its $2 boxes. I know there's a lot of them but you'd figure they'd need some $500 heavyweights & $200 air pieces to be profitable.
I explained on here I think back in 2015 2016 they never made money from shipping all the money comes from AWS their cloud service