Amazon QR Returns @ UPS Store

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While I was making the pickup at our local UPS Store, a customer came in with an Amazon return with no label. She had a QR code on her smartphone, which she held for the clerk to scan so that a return label could be printed. I had never seen that and asked her what it was. I was really impressed.

The clerk then helped me load the pickup pieces and I asked him about the QR code. Turns out that the UPS Stores have an exclusive agreement with Amazon to process these returns and are paid for their efforts.

Has anyone else seen this?

Oak

I've been seeing them come in to the center with pickups printed on paper and attached to a return package. Clerk then has to print the label so it can be loaded.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
While I was making the pickup at our local UPS Store, a customer came in with an Amazon return with no label. She had a QR code on her smartphone, which she held for the clerk to scan so that a return label could be printed. I had never seen that and asked her what it was. I was really impressed.

The clerk then helped me load the pickup pieces and I asked him about the QR code. Turns out that the UPS Stores have an exclusive agreement with Amazon to process these returns and are paid for their efforts.

No. I'm to lazy to cover that pickup.

Duckwithapipboy

I deal with it all the time. Those QR bits are nice, but a pain in the ass to the franchise store. So far, it has only been an Amazon service for those QR bits. Although I am interested in hearing more about the MyChoice bit @FrigidFTSup . As far as I know, we don't get anything else special for this service. Only the standard dime per pound on our monthly PRP for drop off compensation.

TUPSS Inc. has made a big deal with all of us getting mobile print stations to charge customers to use, but are heavily pushing us to convince people to use UPS's print website for example. One hand telling us to spend money (from approved overpriced UPS vendors) to make money, and the other hand making sure we can't make that money.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Seen tons of them at the counter. Have to send them to the UPS store. Half of them get mad because we don't have the scanners for the labels

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Taken off their refund. And those call tags cost them $6
Only if you don't select "item not represented correctly" or something else along those lines. It's very easy to not be charged return labels. There's multiple choices that pull up the costs associated with the option you choose.

Oak

Seen tons of them at the counter. Have to send them to the UPS store. Half of them get mad because we don't have the scanners for the labels
In UDC, go to "Package" on the tree on the left. Then I think it's "reprint" then "Finish." Prints a label you can scan for outbound. Preload at the destination will then have to print a label with the destination address. Same as the occasional label that won't scan.

It works. No idea if the consignee or receiver is is charged like they would be at the UPS store like it should, but it gets the package out of your center.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Amazon Prime returns are usually always free if the circumstances are beyond the customers control; wrong item sent, damage, defective etc. In fact, amazon in will in some cases issue a call tag to your home address, at no charge, if you choose that option.

I would think the same policy would apply if you went to the extra trouble of taking it in to the UPS store with the QR code too.