Amazon should buy Fed Ex

dmac1

I'll tell you this much X stock has gone from a high of 278 a little over a year ago to as low as 150 a few weeks ago . When UPS tried to buy TNT European regulators nixed the deal saying too big for the space which allowed X to get in on it. .....So ok you Fulbright's you tell me. Do you think US regulators would allow somebody as big a Bezos to buy out Smith straight up even if Jeffy agreed to sell off assets to other competitors. Remember in your opinion I don't know anything so you guys figure it out.[/QUOTEI

It isn't the size of the company purchasing another that is the issue. The issue is one player already in the field getting too big.

It would be a natural fit for Amazon though- with terminals, drivers, planes, all ready to go with world wide distribution experience..

Serf

Imagining a scenario in the future where Amazon purchased Express with the sole written agreement the the Railway Labor Act stay in place indefinitely.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The roll of dispatch for starters.
Do you remember your clueless posts about how Emery, Airborne and Purolator were never considered a threat back in the day. You admitted you weren't around back then but YOU KNEW Federal Express was never concerned about those other companies. Back then, UPS was never mentioned because they hadn't got into the overnight business yet, but the others were a definite concern. How times change. UPS was even delivering our customer supplies back then.

Those 2 came to mind and I know there are others. You will deny and try to change it around but in both cases you said it. In both cases, you were wrong.

A total of two, and you're wrong about them. LOL!!! Thanks for being a putz.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If this story had any possibility at all, I’d think X stock price would skyrocket.

These stories crack me up. I don't know if they look at the information and misinterpret it to such a degree that they come up with a goofy conclusion or if they come up with some silly idea and work backwards to come up with some form of reasoning to justify it.

bbsam

Staff member
These stories crack me up. I don't know if they look at the information and misinterpret it to such a degree that they come up with a goofy conclusion or if they come up with some silly idea and work backwards to come up with some form of reasoning to justify it.
I mean, the IDEA makes sense to some degree I suppose but a lot of ideas do.

Exec32

Your opinion matters just as much as mine. You want to represent the gibberish spewing couch potato who fancies himself as well-informed because you read Motley Fool and watch Mad Money. I like to represent something better than that.
Lou Dobbs & youtube

Exec32

I called X stock to 160 when it was 258. There is more downside. Amazon will not even consider buying this trainwreck, after all Amazon still needs them to deliver their oversized rural garbage.
The real question is how much will another competitor cost X.
X will see new lows this year, it is not a bargain.

Oldfart

I called X stock to 160 when it was 258. There is more downside. Amazon will not even consider buying this trainwreck, after all Amazon still needs them to deliver their oversized rural garbage.
The real question is how much will another competitor cost X.
X will see new lows this year, it is not a bargain.
Stock is UP almost 20% YTD. Kind of proves you wrong.

TNT Frosty

Does anyone here actually follow the stock markets? or invest in the stock market (and im not talking about just in fedex stock.) Wallstreet have a little article on what affects stock prices.

Demand And Supply
Interest Rates
Investors
Dividends = I know this one, where we only made $1.13B net in profits, so less then expected, and this will be a negative in share prices
Management = New CEO "Raj" (not from the big bang theory.. but that may be a positive if he was), a new top dog has a negative on stock prices
Economy = People not wanting to spend as much on transport as they once used took, because they cant afford it no more or as often, another negative
Political Climate = the Chinese imports are to rise by 25% if a new deal between USA and China is not met
Short-term and Long-term Investors = When prices started to drop, ill guess some players were to sell their shares... where others bought shares at low price to keep in the family, (mob style)

And thats just what I can be bothered looking into

bacha29

I don't think Jeffy would be in a position to sell off assets in order to gain federal approval of his purchase of X if he has to sell off assets in order to pay off his old lady.