Amazon should buy Fed Ex

vantexan

The question would be how much of the settlement would be in property or cash as well as how much control of the company would the settlement cost him.
He's the CEO. But it's a publicly held corporation and his wealth is in the stock. Or should I say their wealth. They aren't going to be selling company owned warehouses to pay her off. She'll get half of the stock they own plus they'll divide up personal assets like homes, art, vehicles, luxury toys, etc. The warehouses, etc, belong to the corporation, of which he is just one stockholder, albeit like FredSmith the single biggest stockholder.

dmac1

He's the CEO. But it's a publicly held corporation and his wealth is in the stock. Or should I say their wealth. They aren't going to be selling company owned warehouses to pay her off. She'll get half of the stock they own plus they'll divide up personal assets like homes, art, vehicles, luxury toys, etc. The warehouses, etc, belong to the corporation, of which he is just one stockholder, albeit like FredSmith the single biggest stockholder.

It's possible that one gets a loan based on their income/net worth to buy out the other one. Neither of them may even need a loan. The wife may get all the other assets, he may get all the stock. It isn't likely that they will each get 1/2 of anything. She may get all the homes, cars, art, and he gets everything else. It's just unwise to say that they each get 1/2 of everything. She may get 20% of the stock, and everything else. It's based on valuation, not anything else. They will each get assets equal to half the value of all their combined assets. They may sell everything and split the cash, if they can't agree on how to split things, or what the value of assets are. Neither of them may want any of their art, or any of their residences. Those will need to be sold.

vantexan

It's possible that one gets a loan based on their income/net worth to buy out the other one. Neither of them may even need a loan. The wife may get all the other assets, he may get all the stock. It isn't likely that they will each get 1/2 of anything. She may get all the homes, cars, art, and he gets everything else. It's just unwise to say that they each get 1/2 of everything. She may get 20% of the stock, and everything else. It's based on valuation, not anything else. They will each get assets equal to half the value of all their combined assets. They may sell everything and split the cash, if they can't agree on how to split things, or what the value of assets are. Neither of them may want any of their art, or any of their residences. Those will need to be sold.
Even if she got 20% of the stock she won't starve, LOL. But it does depend on the state they live in and quite a few split the assets pretty much 50/50.

bacha29

It also comes down to voting shares. The fewer the shares you hold the less power you hold . Now the question is how many shares would Bezos be willing to give to his wife in order to gain a settlement? What would she do with them after she were to receive them? Sell, hold and perhaps seek out a seat on the board? Then too if the case goes to a divorce master which is like going to arbitration, what might the divorce master rule especially if the shares were in a trust or another holding company? These are all the factors that could weigh on the outcome and it could take years to sort it all out.

RPSman

The roll of dispatch for starters.
Do you remember your clueless posts about how Emery, Airborne and Purolator were never considered a threat back in the day. You admitted you weren't around back then but YOU KNEW Federal Express was never concerned about those other companies. Back then, UPS was never mentioned because they hadn't got into the overnight business yet, but the others were a definite concern. How times change. UPS was even delivering our customer supplies back then.

Those 2 came to mind and I know there are others. You will deny and try to change it around but in both cases you said it. In both cases, you were wrong.
While a shipping clerk in the mid 80's, I used Emery & Airborne a lot. Fed Ex would deliver to us, but the courier always cut through the showroom so that he could deliver to our office secretary, whose morals were in question. I used Purolator one time near the end of my time there, but their courier was a little dense, so I never used them again.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Fed Ex would deliver to us, but the courier always cut through the showroom so that he could deliver to our office secretary, whose morals were in question..
Yep, I remember her quite well! I never questioned her morals though. I was brought up never to look a gift horse in the mouth and just took her word for it that she was a naughty girl. :w00t:

dezguy

While a shipping clerk in the mid 80's, I used Emery & Airborne a lot. Fed Ex would deliver to us, but the courier always cut through the showroom so that he could deliver to our office secretary, whose morals were in question. I used Purolator one time near the end of my time there, but their courier was a little dense, so I never used them again.
Wow, that was a great story.

zeev

I called X stock to 160 when it was 258. There is more downside. Amazon will not even consider buying this trainwreck, after all Amazon still needs them to deliver their oversized rural garbage.
The real question is how much will another competitor cost X.
X will see new lows this year, it is not a bargain.
This stock will be crushed this year Amzn is moving quickly on X profit centers The vp overhead is being reduced greatly.

TNT Frosty

stock prices $274, in Jan 19. 2018

YTD...
Started at $163.19
Now $171.78

FedExStocks.png