Amazon Sunday delivery via LaserShip

Browndriver5

We delivered every Saturday during peak. center manager said it cost the company a fortune.

They will fix that to a Skelton crew in the future. Every time we ran Saturday ground it was just about every full timer and most cover drivers. If there were bids Tuesday-Saturday it would eliminate a lot of OT IMO.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
Rumor I heard was 4-10's and ot after 40 and Saturday. At first you would have the option to bid on a m-friend 5 day workweek like now or bid the 4- day week but working every Saturday on a 6 month rotation. Something like a Sunday,Monday,Thursday day off schedule.
Some of the brick and mortar retailers at malls were pushing for Saturday's as well.

I dunno, source from which it came is someone who would know. I guess it might be part of the negotiations for the next contract way they talked.

I think it would almost be better than the 5-12's m-friend we are working now. But giving up a Saturday though...

clean hairy

I saw some guy in a old van with the Lasership sticker on the door. Looked shifty to me.
Call the Cops and report a suspicious vehicle with signs on it that you never heard of in your neighborhood.
Watch the poor guy crap his pants when the Cops pull up and force him out at gunpoint!

Ms.PacMan

Really it wouldn't be that hard at all deliver only residential on Saturdays.
It wouldn't be hard but I doubt they would start a Saturday ground service and excludes businesses that wanted to use that service level.

Shifting existing residential packages already in our system to Sat. would be okay.

Johney

I'm not drinking kool-aid "bro"

It's a logical next in our services. If you don't think so that's fine. But our competitors are doing it and some are even doing Sunday. We're next.
I'm not saying we shouldn't do it, what I'm saying is the way our system is set up it would be a waste of money. Packages set for Saturday delivery would have to be set up like Saturday air. If they tried to send everything that is there for Monday out on a Saturday it would be a waste of time. Far too many business's are closed. Our Saturday air comes in with the Monday air,just in separate cans, Most of the Monday ground volume is in the yard Friday night except for 4 or 5 trailers that come in on the train Sunday night.

So you say run all that volume except what comes in on Sunday? Then rerun all the closed and rail work on Monday? How about the drivers who run the business parks? That go out Mon-Fri with 400+ pieces a day? Send them out too on Saturday when 95% are closed? So what about the other 5%? Deny them the service? Please don't tell me about flagging address for that day.

I'm not saying we shouldn't do it, what I'm saying is the way our system is set up it would be a waste of money. Packages set for Saturday delivery would have to be set up like Saturday air. If they tried to send everything that is there for Monday out on a Saturday it would be a waste of time. Far too many business's are closed. Our Saturday air comes in with the Monday air,just in separate cans, Most of the Monday ground volume is in the yard Friday night except for 4 or 5 trailers that come in on the train Sunday night.

So you say run all that volume except what comes in on Sunday? Then rerun all the closed and rail work on Monday? How about the drivers who run the business parks? That go out Mon-Fri with 400+ pieces a day? Send them out too on Saturday when 95% are closed? So what about the other 5%? Deny them the service? Please don't tell me about flagging address for that day.
They could make Tuesday-Saturday routes.

Johney

How about this. How would you sort Saturday ground out of the hubs? One of our hubs only has two doors to sort to our building how would that work? They use both on a Friday just to keep up with the Monday volume.

upschuck

How about this. How would you sort Saturday ground out of the hubs? One of our hubs only has two doors to sort to our building how would that work? They use both on a Friday just to keep up with the Monday volume.
Preload would work Tues-Fri, and on Sat the plan would be to load both Sat & Mon cars just like any other day. with Sat only being residential, and Monday's primarily business with a few resi send agains

Johney

Preload would work Tues-Fri, and on Sat the plan would be to load both Sat & Mon cars just like any other day. with Sat only being residential, and Monday's primarily business with a few resi send agains
So advertise Saturday delivery to select address's? Can't say UPS delivers everywhere on Saturday now. How about making I.E.'s stops per car demands on Monday with more business than resi's?
I can hear it now "How does my C.M. think I can do 140 business stops and 30 pick-ups"? Listen I'm not saying it can't happen or shouldn't happen but just look to what kind of things they have laid out in the past 10 years that have left a lot of us scratching our heads wondering WTF?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So advertise Saturday delivery to select address's? Can't say UPS delivers everywhere on Saturday now. How about making I.E.'s stops per car demands on Monday with more business than resi's?
I can hear it now "How does my C.M. think I can do 140 business stops and 30 pick-ups"? Listen I'm not saying it can't happen or shouldn't happen but just look to what kind of things they have laid out in the past 10 years that have left a lot of us scratching our heads wondering WTF?
You're way overthinking this.

upschuck

Couldn't put as many commercial stops on a car, and close to 8 hour days on Mondays.