How much fraud does Amazon get away with against UPS?

Commercial Inside Release

I think it is the other way around... I've heard many clerks on the phone, in a number of centers, telling Amazon customers to file a claim with Amazon, not UPS. Amazon just ships another item, upon request, in a lot of cases. Try it!

Ghost in the Darkness

Amazon just ships another item, upon request, in a lot of cases. Try it!
They do... but I see lots of packages from them damaged because of the lack of shipping quality. Amazon is also known for sending back out damaged or used products or missing pieces as if what you are getting is "new"... whether they are just hoping to get rid of it or get a claim on it... who knows.

rustys954rr

I've been delivering for over 8 years. Never had duplicate tracking numbers for Amazon.
From this week, a fireplace from Amazon with 2 labels one over 70 one not, both different tracking numbers. No second package ever to be found.

Attachments

• PXL_20220324_165814767~2.jpg
    PXL_20220324_165814767~2.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 82

AKCoverMan

I'm sure the company does not pay any claims to Amazon and exchange for a very low flat rate they charge them for delivering their c
Everyone assumes Amazon pays next to nothing to ship with us, but if you follow quarterly reports you’ll see the average revenue per package keeps going up. I’m sure they don’t pay rack rate but I don’t think UPS gives away the service for nothing.

AMZN wouldn’t be trying to deliver their own volume if we were.

Everyone assumes Amazon pays next to nothing to ship with us, but if you follow quarterly reports you’ll see the average revenue per package keeps going up. I’m sure they don’t pay rack rate but I don’t think UPS gives away the service for nothing.

AMZN wouldn’t be trying to deliver their own volume if we were.
The amount of Amazon packages that I deliver on the daily basis makes me nervous.

If you think they are cutting routes now just wait...

Poop Head

Judge me.
Theyre getting rediculous with the surepost labels. Tabels, chairs, you name it. Pretty sure i delivered a queen sized mattress last week that they tried to ship surepost.

ManInBrown

Used to cover a route in package where every Friday someone running a business out of their house would call for a pickup. Horrible route. About as suburbs as it gets where I am. Major money. You could know the route back and front and it was maybe 12 stops per hour if everything broke right and it was a good day. The day ever ended on this route. Anyways this clown would ship out 15 or 20 boxes, must’ve weighed 50 lbs each. Every label would say one pound. Pissed me off so much when I got back every Friday I’d take them all out and drag every single one to the clerk to be corrected.

Used to cover a route in package where every Friday someone running a business out of their house would call for a pickup. Horrible route. About as suburbs as it gets where I am. Major money. You could know the route back and front and it was maybe 12 stops per hour if everything broke right and it was a good day. The day ever ended on this route. Anyways this clown would ship out 15 or 20 boxes, must’ve weighed 50 lbs each. Every label would say one pound. Pissed me off so much when I got back every Friday I’d take them all out and drag every single one to the clerk to be corrected.
I will just refuse to pick them up.

AKCoverMan

Thought if they pass thru any of the more automated hubs the Dimensions and Weight are all checked and the rate adjusted.

AKCoverMan

Think it’s just incompetent customer service peeps at Amazon, we constantly get one call tag to pick up set of four tires. Or we get a ground return label for something with lithium battery label (must be air to/from AK/HI/Catalina Is.) and have to refuse pickup. 🙄

Overpaid Union Thug

The amount of Amazon packages that I deliver on the daily basis makes me nervous.

If you think they are cutting routes now just wait..
Laziness is why it’s that way. People would rather pay more on Amazon because it’s “convenient.” I’ve told and shown so many people, including friends and family, how to beat Amazon’s prices. It only takes seconds or minutes tops. They still go straight to Amazon and hit that “buy now” button. I swear it’s a cult. I’ve saved hundreds of dollars over Amazon the past year.

From duplicate barcodes, poorly packaged shipments, boxes with no crush resistance, damage claims, and deceptive tracking to make it appear it should be delivered sooner than it will. Amazon has done other things to imply UPS has caused service delays over the years or atleast paint our company in a bad light.

I used to get duplicate barcodes over the years from various companies but nowadays its nearly always Amazon and it happens often. Its also not 2 for the price of 1 its sometimes multiple pieces with the same tracking. There also seems to be no standard for shipments. T-shirts shipped in there original clear bag with a label stuck on it, boxes with contents that or way to heavy for the flimsy cardboard they are sent in. This begs the question what keeps Amazon from just shipping damaged products back out to get claims paid out and actually make a profit on items the customer and Amazon claim we damaged when there seems to be no shipment standard.
No Amazon just constantly loses packages. Have you ever received a package delivered from Amazon? My packages have been lost by Amazon 9/10 times. Amazon prioritizes speed and struggles to keep anyone even intermediate term due to pay, absurd rules and so on. So most of their delivery workforce is either new or bad at their jobs. They even mannaged to lower software engineer salaries overall which is an impressive achievement in America.

pkgdriver

I've been delivering for over 8 years. Never had duplicate tracking numbers for Amazon.
Yep….Been delivering before Amazon was around…I believe ive had two in the tens of thousands of Amazon pkgs Ive delivered.

When was the last tome you had a driver follow up for Amazon. I believe ive had ONE(laptop) in all the years.
Ive been told we pay a percentage amount on damages. True…dont know….Shrugs😀

Zowert

Is that why they’re shipping double labels with 1lb on a 30lb item?
This irritates me the most. When I see a box on the floor of my truck I take a look at the package weight on the label. One time I had this medium size box that said 5lbs, I went to pick it up and realized it was more like 50+ lbs. It was from Amazon, seemed like it was pet food of some sort. From then on I stopped trusting their shipping labels.