Amazon Sunday delivery via LaserShip

Johney

I'm out on this thread. You all got it. None of it affects me anyways. Just trying to point out somethings maybe not thought of. I'll just wait to see all the threads about "Can they make me work Tues-Sat. I've only been here a year and my son plays baseball on Sat. this is BS!"

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm out on this thread. You all got it. None of it affects me anyways. Just trying to point out somethings maybe not thought of. I'll just wait to see all the threads about "Can they make me work Tues-Sat. I've only been here a year and my son plays baseball on Sat. this is BS!"
I'm sure corporate really cares about the threads on BC

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm sure corporate really cares about the threads on BC
moss-popcorn.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Preload would work Tues-Fri, and on Sat the plan would be to load both Sat & Mon cars just like any other day. with Sat only being residential, and Monday's primarily business with a few resi send agains

What they would probably do is load the car as though it were a regular day and direct the drivers not to scan any known closures.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They truly merging, or just using same infrastructure? They will run into same problem, if truly merging.

Yea, theyre getting rid of the dog logo and just saying "we're all ground now "

Theyre opting to go the co~ location route, so they can flex those b2b stops to a ground truck for Monday & we can optionally pick up more resis stops from the neighboring ground route if we're too light, but some of them are too lazy and want to get off the clock by 1400 on a Saturday...

As a current HD driver, we're supposed to rely on our "area knowledge " to put those businesses parcels that are closed on a Saturday on the pallet and code them 011... before driving out of the barn.

Im a swing, but if im in the samw area all week, i gained enough area knowledge by Saturday to weed them out.

HD usually only does 10~20% b2b stops still so we still have plenty of resis to deliver on Saturdays

Johney, u dont have to pick a Tuesday~ Saturday schedule... that's what the newbie drivers are for.

I actually liked having a weekday off to do some errands, just like some brownies on this thread thst have that schedule now

Orion inc.

I like turtles
They would advance loads on Monday to make up the difference.
They'll offer a "ground Saturday " service level like nda air and two day.

That's it. And they'll negotiate something with the union to offer that work to FT, or TCDs etc. they'll combine the airs and grounds. That'll probably be more cost effective then dispatching every loop and route.