Amazon to the post office?

MC0493

Not sure if this is happening elsewhere or not. Everytime i ask someone i get a different answer. Basically all the amazon volume in my hub has gone to the post offices. We're way down on routes, people going home. Sups say it's an experiment, other guys say its bs since negotiations start next month. Anyone else have any changes?

35years

Gravy route
Amazon comes and goes.
Did they open a large facility near you with their own drivers?
P.O. usually messes up too much, and they come back.
Within 2 months there will be too much Amazon for every delivery company.

MC0493

No facilities that i'm aware of. Post offices i've visited are complaining about it since they can't handle it. Meanwhile now we've got 5-10 drivers going home. Pretty sure most were casuals anyway.

iowa boy

Around here, Amazon is drop shipping their smaller package volume via pallets to our mail distribution center and the distribution center is hauling these pallets to a couple of local PO's for final mile delivery, cutting us out of the equation.

Ghost in the Darkness

I'm starting to see Fedex deliver amazon again... not as much as we do but more than i had noticed in the past couple years. Post office can't take the large stuff in volume because they don't have the capacity... so no I don't think they are getting it but I honestly could care less if they do. I would love to see big brown scramble to make up some of that volume should we lose it, all those customers they ticked off with the constant late air problems.

35years

Gravy route
You understand management will post we are loosing volume over and over again during contract negotiations. The sky is falling...

How many drivers feel they are UNDERdispatched?
14 hour days are just around the corner.

Staydryitsraining

Although 14 hour days aren't happening normal start times here are 930 and 945 with average rtb times around 930. We have had around 20 rentals all year because we don't have enough trucks.
You understand management will post we are loosing volume over and over again during contract negotiations. The sky is falling...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Bitches about the company's sky is falling attitude.

Every post made has a sky is falling attitude.

MC0493

Around here, Amazon is drop shipping their smaller package volume via pallets to our mail distribution center and the distribution center is hauling these pallets to a couple of local PO's for final mile delivery, cutting us out of the equation.
Sounds like what's going on here. Very few amazon packages in the trucks anymore, very low volume for us overall. They're also saying the hurricane is affecting things but i'm calling bs on that. Now bid routes are starting to get cut.