Amazon drop shipping to post offices in rural communities

Red Headed Stranger

I worked at a rural post office several years ago during the holiday season. A Penske truck with drivers who barely spoke English would deliver to the post office from Amazon around 4:30 in the morning. They always had several Gaylord containers they would deliver. Would barely fit through the rear door of the post office. This is nothing new.

Thebrownblob

Well why wouldn't they use cheaper labor if they can?
Just like continually using a part-time employee to deliver ground, still saving money, even if they pay ground pay, simply because he has a part-time pension, and they do not have to hire a full-time employee and pay those benefits. This is the ultimate definition of what an internal scab is.

Just like continually using a part-time employee to deliver ground, still saving money, even if they pay ground pay, simply because he has a part-time pension, and they do not have to hire a full-time employee and pay those benefits. This is the ultimate definition of what an internal scab is.
They have to ask permission from the union here. They have abused out for too long and we put an end to that a few years ago

Thebrownblob

Yes sometimes things happen and you need to use those guys but if you have to do that on a regular basis then you need to hire some more people
Absolutely and that is the point he has tried to manipulate for many years. Pretending he is forced, naturally we would always tell you to work first and file a grievance. but he does not want to because he knows he would eventually lose his easy money, regardless if he’s destroying opportunities for others, it doesn’t matter as long as he gets what he wants. his local is either complicit or unaware he most likely has most people Buffaloed.

Johney

Actually its UPS that I rarely get anything delivered by.

You are on the banned list is why
Clint Eastwood Get Off My Lawn GIFs | Tenor