Amazon

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I have a question. Did UPS drop Amazon? I just talked to an on car sup that is pulling a route here in MA due to the volume, and he told me their center was returning pkgs to them in an attempt to dig out from this mess..
I hear Amazon is absolutely flooding certain areas that can't take the volume. Creating a mass UPS hatred from customers.
They're setting up UPS like Ali's rope-a-dope!

It's been said that UPS management dealing with Amazon's is often heated exchanges. Almost as if UPS operations aren't nice people.

Go figure.

Days

i heard but could be a rumor that new CEO is playing hard ball with Amazon. She refuses to deliver Amazon pkgs for penny on dollar and they were way ahead of their allotted pkg count. Might be false but Kudos to her if true.
i work in Feeders and go to 6 building in Ma a night and all have multple Amazon trailers unprocessed . One building had 13 Amazon trailers .

As she should.

Amazon is trying to making us look bad like those previous bad peaks. They will turn around and say we can get it done. Let us choke on our own greed. Tell sales lead chumps to brown up and rent a sprinter and dirty up that fake uniform hanging in HR.

Very possible. I think Amazon needs UPS though at this point in time so I think UPS has the upper hand

Rack em

Made the Podium
As she should.

Very possible. I think Amazon needs UPS though at this point in time so I think UPS has the upper hand
Which is why we need to cut amazon off completely and make them come crawling back once their services fail massively. Without us they would be nothing, yet we are bending over backwards for them helping them establish their own delivery network so they can one day cripple our company. Ups deserves to go under the way it is being managed.

ppHATE

This whole thread is laughable. If this is the level of reasoning that UPS “partners” can come up with we’re friend*cked. Lol. The idea that UPS needs Amazon or Amazon needs UPS is something you all need to let go off. If the past 30 years of watching big business in America has not taught you that anything is doable for the right price then aint much else to say really.

The true problem is that UPS (with a front row seat to the US economy) missed the opportunity to change its business and operational model to meet the needs of growing e-commerce and shift away from B2B. So now we’re playing catch-up in a pandemic that’s hastened a trend that was already under way. No one smart seriously thinks all these people who got used to have sh1t delivered is going to go back to physical stores once outside reopens. If the problem aint Amazon it will be whatever the next big thing is. Hence why all these big retailers (Walmart, Target etc) are investing in their own delivery infrastructure. Because UPS, Fedex and USPS simply haven’t and can’t pivot quick enough to what was a growing trend and now is a changed world. Now process the fact that Amazon is already 3-4 years ahead in building there own sh1t. Target and Walmart won’t be too far behind. All these companies are going to do the same thing Amazon is doing which is protect the premium customers (Prime) and give the filler to third party. Hence why Amazon could care less about a few trailers in MA. John across the street has Prime and he got his package delivered in 2 days by a dude in a Benz truck making $18 per hour. Capitalism for ya.

crow27

This whole thread is laughable. If this is the level of reasoning that UPS “partners” can come up with we’re friend*cked. Lol. The idea that UPS needs Amazon or Amazon needs UPS is something you all need to let go off. If the past 30 years of watching big business in America has not taught you that anything is doable for the right price then aint much else to say really.

The true problem is that UPS (with a front row seat to the US economy) missed the opportunity to change its business and operational model to meet the needs of growing e-commerce and shift away from B2B. So now we’re playing catch-up in a pandemic that’s hastened a trend that was already under way. No one smart seriously thinks all these people who got used to have sh1t delivered is going to go back to physical stores once outside reopens. If the problem aint Amazon it will be whatever the next big thing is. Hence why all these big retailers (Walmart, Target etc) are investing in their own delivery infrastructure. Because UPS, Fedex and USPS simply haven’t and can’t pivot quick enough to what was a growing trend and now is a changed world. Now process the fact that Amazon is already 3-4 years ahead in building there own sh1t. Target and Walmart won’t be too far behind. All these companies are going to do the same thing Amazon is doing which is protect the premium customers (Prime) and give the filler to third party. Hence why Amazon could care less about a few trailers in MA. John across the street has Prime and he got his package delivered in 2 days by a dude in a Benz truck making $18 per hour. Capitalism for ya.
Takes two or three of those “benz trucks” to do the same area I service. When the apt lockers are full, amazon drivers just throw everything on the table in the mail room for a 5 building complex. You get what you pay for, capitalism for ya.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

John across the street probably isn't happy since most of Prime is supposed to be delivered in 1 day...

You must be reading the Amazon propaganda and drinking their Kool-aid. Amazon is so far away from handling their own capacity they would be absolutely destroyed if UPS kicked them to the curb tomorrow.

One day last week I picked up two Amazon air trailers that were over 35,000 pieces combined. The average weight was under 1lb for these packages and I'm in a small hub, some of the bigger hubs I go to have Prime trailers parked everywhere. We also process 15+ loads of their heavy :censored2: a day. Those loads my only have 250 pieces but the average piece weight is usually around 100lbs.

clean hairy

The true problem is that UPS (with a front row seat to the US economy) missed the opportunity to change its business and operational model to meet the needs of growing e-commerce and shift away from B2B. So now we’re playing catch-up in a pandemic that’s hastened a trend that was already under way. No one smart seriously thinks all these people who got used to have sh1t delivered is going to go back to physical stores once outside reopens. If the problem aint Amazon it will be whatever the next big thing is. Hence why all these big retailers (Walmart, Target etc) are investing in their own delivery infrastructure. Because UPS, Fedex and USPS simply haven’t and can’t pivot quick enough to what was a growing trend and now is a changed world. Now process the fact that Amazon is already 3-4 years ahead in building there own sh1t. Target and Walmart won’t be too far behind. All these companies are going to do the same thing Amazon is doing which is protect the premium customers (Prime) and give the filler to third party. Hence why Amazon could care less about a few trailers in MA. John across the street has Prime and he got his package delivered in 2 days by a dude in a Hoopty low rider making $18 per hour. Capitalism for ya.
Fixed

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Case in point here.... if it aint Amazon its another customer. UPS simply has not developed a playbook for e-commerce. You can’t Sunday Sort and Small Sort your way out of this.

Lmao

“ A UPS spokesperson told CNBC that the company will work with its “larger customers to ensure the volume gets picked up and delivered as more capacity becomes available in our network.”

Capacity that becomes available when? Feb?

Off the leash

Case in point here.... if it aint Amazon its another customer. UPS simply has not developed a playbook for e-commerce. You can’t Sunday Sort and Small Sort your way out of this.

UPS has always played catch up. Many things that we do today were first introduced at FEDEX. Now there are more innovative companies out there! UPS needs better people when it comes to improving efficiency and innovation. More friend..king trucks would help too!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.