Amazon

MAKAVELI

Amazon will do what FedEx Freight did, which is what I described. Pay surrounding locations more and move work to those stations. Meanwhile the union shop is negotiating so their pay is frozen and doesn’t keep up. Less hours and less pay at the union shop, workers leave even faster than is typical at a warehouse job, in a few years new workers decertify the union to get wages back up to par with surrounding locations. Anyone that believes the workers have won something with this vote is jumping the gun. It’ll take years that most warehouse workers aren’t willing to give for unknown potential gains.
Actually FedEx just refused to negotiate. Eventually those locations just gave up and voted to decertify. What you are proposing is unfair labor practices and not negotiating in good faith.

bacha29

Amazon will do what FedEx Freight did, which is what I described. Pay surrounding locations more and move work to those stations. Meanwhile the union shop is negotiating so their pay is frozen and doesn’t keep up. Less hours and less pay at the union shop, workers leave even faster than is typical at a warehouse job, in a few years new workers decertify the union to get wages back up to par with surrounding locations. Anyone that believes the workers have won something with this vote is jumping the gun. It’ll take years that most warehouse workers aren’t willing to give for unknown potential gains.
And how many of those "surrounding locations" are union? Union wages still set the pace and the rate upon which others doing the same type of work are compared.

bacha29

3 billion in public funds?
You mean tax incentives?

You see the problem with left wingers is you think other people's money belongs to you. A tax incentive is not giving them money, it's letting them keep their money.

Try again my radical left wing friend.
That 3 billion you speak of are tax billings that would otherwise be owed. What real estate tax incentives did the guy up the road get who went the bank took out a mortgage at the prevailing interest rate to build his house? Did he get free water and sewage like those included in your so called "tax incentives"?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He demanded and would receive was more than 3 billion dollars in publicly funded subsidies
3 billion in public funds?
You mean tax incentives?

You see the problem with left wingers is you think other people's money belongs to you. A tax incentive is not giving them money, it's letting them keep their money.
That 3 billion you speak of are tax billings
That's what I just said.
Glad I could educate you.
Carry on.

It will be fine

Actually FedEx just refused to negotiate. Eventually those locations just gave up and voted to decertify. What you are proposing is unfair labor practices and not negotiating in good faith.
You think Amazon is just going to shrug and welcome a union? They’ll happily negotiate in good faith and the worker’s paradise will be realized?

It will be fine

So your idea is give up and just accept the way things are ? They have leverage now. If an entire building doesn’t show up for work they’ll have to be taken seriously
Why? They don’t show up for work, Amazon fulfills the orders with other warehouses. Maybe it’ll take an extra day or two. Do you really think Amazon hasn’t been setting up to get their work done without this warehouse? The workers have little leverage and Amazon will do everything possible to keep it that way.

Gone fishin

Why? They don’t show up for work, Amazon fulfills the orders with other warehouses. Maybe it’ll take an extra day or two. Do you really think Amazon hasn’t been setting up to get their work done without this warehouse? The workers have little leverage and Amazon will do everything possible to keep it that way.
Now that the one warehouse has succeeded with voting in the union, I would think others would follow. Why wouldn’t they.

It will be fine

Again, you don't understand labor laws and why that wouldn't work anyway in a pro union area of the country.
I’m sure you’re the expert in labor laws that I should be listening to. We’ll all wait and see how it plays out. My bet is on the giant multinational corporation with all the money over the 60% of workers that voted for the startup unfunded union.

Gone fishin

I’m sure you’re the expert in labor laws that I should be listening to. We’ll all wait and see how it plays out. My bet is on the giant multinational corporation with all the money over the 60% of workers that voted for the startup unfunded union.
How do you think unions were originally put in place ?

MAKAVELI

Amazon has already been slapped by the labor board and has the power to sue them much easier than before. Will they get everything they want? Of course not but now they have a seat at the table.

bacha29

Amazon has already been slapped by the labor board and has the power to sue them much easier than before. Will they get everything they want? Of course not but now they have a seat at the table.
IWBF is simply doing is job and serve as a firewall against efforts to unionize FXG. If he can't keep it out in his own shop chances are he won't be so called "negotiating" (lol) another contract.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If it's 3 billion in tax and service billings that he will never have to pay then how do you call it an "incentive'?
Because it's purpose is to motivate them to locate their business there.

You know, you can use the thing you typed your post on to look up the definition of incentive.

bacha29

Because it's purpose is to motivate them to locate their business there.

You know, you can use the thing you typed your post on to look up the definition of incentive
What you call "incentive"..... I call blackmail.....And NYC made it clear to Jeffy B that NOBODY holds New York City hostage. The best thing that could have ever happened to a guy who has for too long been used to getting everything his own way.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What you call "incentive"..... I call blackmail.
I call it an incentive because that's what it is by definition. They offered it to Amazon to motivate it to bring thousands of taxpayers there.
NYC made it clear to Jeffy B that NOBODY holds New York City hostage. The best thing that could have ever happened to a guy who has for too long been used to getting everything his own way.
It was all but a done deal, then idiot Democrats started to virtue signal and spew class warfare tripe and ran him off. New York got nothing, and he got everything he wanted somewhere else.

It's literally the opposite of what you said.
You have a very strange perspective of reality.