Amazon

bacha29

Because it's purpose is to motivate them to locate their business there.

You know, you can use the thing you typed your post on to look up the definition of incentive.
The opportunity to do business in the one of if not the the world's largest center of international business and trade is the incentive. Demanding billions in UNCONDITIOPNAL tax and services concessions is blackmail. NYC saw it. Good thing it wasn't left up to you to decide the matter.

bacha29

Explain to me what you believe Donald Trump has to do with Democrats running off Amazon.

Can you even hear yourself?
Seriously, you people are obsessed with him.
Amazon ran itself off. it did however was to call into question the practice of providing special deals to companies to locate in a given area when the others in that area didn't need of ask for anything. They simply moved in set up operations and did quire nicely on their own . Now being that you proclaim yourself to be a dyed in the wool "conservative" isn't that the true conservative way of doing it? And how could the practice of providing taxpayer funded economic benefits to a company that fails to prove that they actually needed them in the first place not a waste of taxpayer money and a direct affront to conservative ideals?

bacha29

In what way do you believe that to be true?
Yes, it did. NYC said "here's what you demand but we've got some demands too". NYC made it plain that it wasn't going to be Jeffy B's little dog, roll over then sit up and beg . It had a right to set out a package of demands designed to protect the public interest as well. The lessons of Foxcomm and the state of Wisconsin were not lost on NYC.

Thesearecrazytimes

Amazon ran itself off. it did however was to call into question the practice of providing special deals to companies to locate in a given area when the others in that area didn't need of ask for anything. They simply moved in set up operations and did quire nicely on their own . Now being that you proclaim yourself to be a dyed in the wool "conservative" isn't that the true conservative way of doing it? And how could the practice of providing taxpayer funded economic benefits to a company that fails to prove that they actually needed them in the first place not a waste of taxpayer money and a direct affront to conservative ideals?
Good point. Coming from a more libertarian viewpoint, government subsidies in the form of tax breaks to large conglomerates at the expense of everyone else out there competing, is absolutely counter to true "conservatism." It gives the big boys an unfair advantage in this myth we call the "free market."

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Explain to me what you believe Donald Trump has to do with Democrats running off Amazon.

Can you even hear yourself?
Seriously, you people are obsessed with him.
You’re so bitter about Trump’s losing that YOU blame everything on the Democrats. I suppose the Democrats were responsible the last time your toilet backed up?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You’re so bitter about Trump’s losing that YOU blame everything on the Democrats.
I blame this on Democrats because it's Democrats' fault. That's not even debatable.

You know who else blames it on Democrats?
Other Democrats. Especially the ones who offered Amazon the deal in the first place.

You need to put your obsession with Donald Trump aside my friend. It's preventing you from thinking clearly.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I blame this on Democrats because it's Democrats' fault. That's not even debatable.

You know who else blames it on Democrats?
Other Democrats. Especially the ones who offered Amazon the deal in the first place.

You need to put your obsession with Donald Trump aside my friend. It's preventing you from thinking clearly.
You mean like this?

32815CED-CED6-43AD-9306-1837D28CE3B2.jpeg

bacha29

Good point. Coming from a more libertarian viewpoint, government subsidies in the form of tax breaks to large conglomerates at the expense of everyone else out there competing, is absolutely counter to true "conservatism." It gives the big boys an unfair advantage in this myth we call the "free market."
New York's message to Jeffy was clear and concise....."Yeah, it would be nice to have you but we were here before you got here and we'll be here long after you're gone. We ain't as dumb as Scott Walker and you're not going to do to us what Foxxcom did to him and Wisconsin. So here's the deal if you want it. If not....it's hasta la vista baby'.