Amazon's Finest!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Also going to add she just casually pulled into the customer's driveway. Because I'm sure she would eventually hit someone backing into traffic 50X daily.

rod

Retired 22 years
its an automatic, forget to put it in park? How?

Ask my wife--she did the same thing with her car when we were first married. She was driving my cherry 1964 Chevy Malibu. She parked it in the Mall parking lot and it rolled all the way across the lot into the side of a newer pickup. In her defense she wasn't familiar with driving an automatic at that time-only straight sticks. (The times have changed)

rod

Retired 22 years
Also going to add she just casually pulled into the customer's driveway. Because I'm sure she would eventually hit someone backing into traffic 50X daily.

I never did and I probably backed around and out of thousands of driveways over 3 years. And on top of that--we didn't even have rear cameras. Its called using your head.

rod

Retired 22 years
Maybe back when you guys pulled into driveways and left the trucks running with bulkhead doors wide open ;)

Those were the days ---and we still got the stuff delivered. My truck was VERY seldom shut off in the winter from the time I left the building to when I got back. I even left it running on lunch breaks. I would park it so I could see it from the restaurant window.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Those were the days ---and we still got the stuff delivered. My truck was VERY seldom shut off in the winter from the time I left the building to when I got back. I even left it running on lunch breaks. I would park it so I could see it from the restaurant window.
Sometimes I bring my lunch on really cold days and eat in the truck and let it idle the whole time. Really chaps their ass.

rod

Retired 22 years
C'mon, @rod. Even though we had it tough back then, we still did what we wanted to do.

And, if management bitched, we still did it.

Back then we got a new manager every 4 or 5 years. We were always in the process of breaking them in. The new one would come in swinging--gonna straighten out this center--and they would give it everything they had only to see the numbers fall. Eventually they would concede and say--"just do it the way you used to". I saw this happen a number of times.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Back then we got a new manager every 4 or 5 years. We were always in the process of breaking them in. The new one would come in swinging--gonna straighten out this center--and they would give it everything they had only to see the numbers fall. Eventually they would concede and say--"just do it the way you used to". I saw this happen a number of times.

Been there, done that.

Luckily, just about every driver supe I had started out driving in my building. And, they pretty much all trusted me to get the job done. The ones that didn't got straightened out quickly.

That's because Big Union Guy threw down on them. Lol.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Not for much longer, the Mercedes sprinter van plant is by my house ...they just ordered 20,000 of them and I see them rolling them out daily.
Good I hope they order a million because they are basically free advertising for UPS. People on my route are always complaining about the Amazon delivery people. She could have killed someone because she didn't want to walk off an envelope. I think they train to nose first driveways, because they all do it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Most Amazon drivers use their own cars.

Beat up old cars.

That's Amazon Flex, which is a dwindling job since it's more profitable to give the high density areas to the contracted drivers.

They're basically clean up drivers now

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It's got a staggered shifter pattern. If you don't fully push it up and to the right, you may just put it into Neutral. Those new sprinters beep at EVERYTHING, so you get beep-fatigue.
The newer ones got rid of that... it's a straight line so that driver didn't push the shifter all the way up to P

I've not seen freightliners in my area at all; only dodge promasters or Ford transit s