America, Captured In A Single Photo

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Tickets must be cheap in some markets to just be somewhere. I wouldn't pay $60 plus to sit with friends and take selfies for a few hours. I actually watch the game.

upschuck

My guess is, it is before the game, got to their seats and taking a couple pictures. Not a big deal at all, they are having fun at a game, that they paid to attend.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tickets must be cheap in some markets to just be somewhere. I wouldn't pay $60 plus to sit with friends and take selfies for a few hours. I actually watch the game.

I took my son and his FWB to a Patriots game against the Bills in Buffalo. I paid $100 each for our seats-----would have easily been $200 each in Foxboro for similar seats. We took pictures before the game but made sure to watch the game.

BTW, TV timeouts suck.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I can understand that but you would think they would at least pretend to watch the game.
I know the hard core fans hate it. They always complain about the empty seats. Their bought but not used quite often. Some of those seats go for over $250!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know the hard core fans hate it. They always complain about the empty seats. Their bought but not used quite often. Some of those seats go for over $250!

When the Expos were still in Montreal it was not uncommon for fans to buy $5 bleacher seats knowing they could walk down to the better seats halfway through the game.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
For 12 bucks you must have been sitting next to Bob Uecker.
Not far from the truth. But at the same time it was empty and they let us move to the lower deck so we could be closer to the heaters. April in Minnesota still sucks. I think it was 31 degrees at first pitch. They said it was the second coldest opening day in history.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I took my son and his FWB to a Patriots game against the Bills in Buffalo. I paid $100 each for our seats-----would have easily been $200 each in Foxboro for similar seats. We took pictures before the game but made sure to watch the game.

BTW, TV timeouts suck.

Wait!

Your son has a 'friend with benefits?' Bet you're jealous.

Sportello

This is a perfect image of what America is and only what it is capable of producing. And yet you still maintain a holy allegiance to the institution(s) that is today's America. Little more than rats in a cage entertaining themselves only to grow up and produce more rats that perpetuate the very institutions which inflict and promote such mindlessness.

@wkmac, I would say that is the antithesis of what America is capable of, and in no way represents present day America. For one, there is not one obese person in the picture. That defies the odds.

On a more serious note, it must suck to have that POV. I try to see things from a less apocalyptic POV.

One of us is likely wrong. I hope it's you. I have grand children who hope to have families, ojalá.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not far from the truth. But at the same time it was empty and they let us move to the lower deck so we could be closer to the heaters. April in Minnesota still sucks. I think it was 31 degrees at first pitch. They said it was the second coldest opening day in history.

I can't think of any month in which Minnesota would not suck.