American Patriot.

rickyb

greenwald was saying that america is often views things a certain way when the rest of the world sees things quite differently.

snowden is a major hero in the rest of the world. chomsky is treated as one of the great intellectuals. but in america chomsky is marginalized, and snowden is often considered a traitor. part of the reason snowden went from hong kong to russia is because the political support he had from the citizens there made it politically impossible for hong kong to follow US demands to turn him over.

vantexan

Lee Camp [Redacted]‏Verified account @LeeCamp 4h4 hours ago

Recently it was revealed Google is building a fully government-censored search engine for China. Does ANYONE believe that once Google completes it, the U.S. government (which is deeply connected to Google) won't start using it HERE??

Anyone?

Anyone?

61 replies 303 retweets 560 likes
I'm amazed an American company is allowed to do that. But even if it was available here they'd be up against other search engines that don't censor. If Google censors here then they are no longer the best search engine and will lose advertisers. See how competition works in the free world? In the capitalist free world?

rickyb

I'm amazed an American company is allowed to do that. But even if it was available here they'd be up against other search engines that don't censor. If Google censors here then they are no longer the best search engine and will lose advertisers. See how competition works in the free world? In the capitalist free world?
google is a monopoly

they have 80% of the search engine market globally

i dont consider corporations to be loyal to nations, they are basically traitors.

markets arent that efficient, my conclusion recently is that under the current system (not a pure market, and whos to say what would happen anyways) mediocre or bad products and people are most often chosen.

google and youtube already censor, not on the same level to what theyre doing in china, but they have started.

El Correcto

god is dead
Lee Camp [Redacted]‏Verified account @LeeCamp 4h4 hours ago

Recently it was revealed Google is building a fully government-censored search engine for China. Does ANYONE believe that once Google completes it, the U.S. government (which is deeply connected to Google) won't start using it HERE??

Anyone?

Anyone?

61 replies 303 retweets 560 likes
They already do something similar here. They censor things for copyright issues and censor things by not making sources a priority in their search results. Google is going down hill, it’s a crap search engine unless your looking up Wikipedia or forget to type .com in a website url.

rickyb

They already do something similar here. They censor things for copyright issues and censor things by not making sources a priority in their search results. Google is going down hill, it’s a crap search engine unless your looking up Wikipedia or forget to type .com in a website url.
i agree with bold