spreading light and heat so far.

As you use up fuel you'll grow,
and give off a scarlet glow.
Maybe you'll go supernova
exploding elements all over.
Now I know just what you are,
and I know I'm made of stars.

nicky

How this thread got this derailed is beyond me. I have watched people bash faith, and you are welcome to continue to do so my only comment to that would be if I and others are wrong what have we lost. If you are wrong, what could you lose?

To cementups Im assuming here but Im guessing you were going to point out that the bible doesnt mention dinosaurs. Do you know where the term Dinosaur came from? It was coined by a biologist named Sir Richard Owen in 1841. Thus the term came about approx 1800 years later. If you have read your bible, you will hear all kinds of mentions of creatures. And the people of the time described them in the words of their time.

For instance in Job 40:15 it speaks of a Behemoth which eats grass like an ox, and its tail swings like cedar. Now explain to me what creature that we know of was huge, was an herbivore, with a tail that swings like cedar?

It also mentions sea creatures called Leviathans.

If you were going to argue the carbon dating age of some of the dinosaurs to millions of years, I would point out that God made the earth in 7 days and turned water into wine(a process that can take years). If God exists and Im not asking you to believe, and he spoke the heavens and the earth into existence, rose a man who had been in the tomb for 4 days does messing with carbon really seem that difficult?

kingOFchester

Not bashing anyone. Being told that I am going to burn in hell could be interpreted as bashing. Some believe, and that's great. It appears a lot of people need to believe in order to do the right thing in life. For that, I am glad there is a Bible. Helps keep a lot of people inline.

Me questioning your beliefs is telling you that when you die, Game over, You questioning my beliefs is telling me that when I die, I will burn in hell for eternity. Not based on how I live my life. Not for how I treated people. Not for anything other then "not believing".

I watch the news and see all the suffering, the worst is probably children dieing of diseases with no cure.

When I was at my Christian summer camp I remember the minister one week asking for prayers for someone who was very ill. He asked that we join the prayer chain to help him recover. The following week the minister spoke about a scary emergency landing. He said how happy he was that he may be meeting his creator. So on one hand we have to pray that someone gets better, but on the other hand he was happy that he was in a situation that may have caused his death. Couldn't wrap my head around that.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Amusing "Concern" that came into our center

Nicky, I am now going to discredit everything you said by the mere fact that even I as an agnostic knows that Jesus turned water into wine, not God.
John 2:1-11

nicky

Not bashing anyone. Being told that I am going to burn in hell could be interpreted as bashing. Some believe, and that's great. It appears a lot of people need to believe in order to do the right thing in life. For that, I am glad there is a Bible. Helps keep a lot of people inline.

Me questioning your beliefs is telling you that when you die, Game over, You questioning my beliefs is telling me that when I die, I will burn in hell for eternity. Not based on how I live my life. Not for how I treated people. Not for anything other then "not believing".

I watch the news and see all the suffering, the worst is probably children dieing of diseases with no cure.

When I was at my Christian summer camp I remember the minister one week asking for prayers for someone who was very ill. He asked that we join the prayer chain to help him recover. The following week the minister spoke about a scary emergency landing. He said how happy he was that he may be meeting his creator. So on one hand we have to pray that someone gets better, but on the other hand he was happy that he was in a situation that may have caused his death. Couldn't wrap my head around that.

I honestly only skimmed through this because of what was written. And it wasnt my intention to single anyone out. I typically dont go around talking hellfire and brimstone, or what I call bible thumping because neither usually does anyone any good. If it worked the Jehovahs witnesses would be the largest religion on earth. Everyone has the right to live their life as they see fit. You will also never hear me telling people they are going to hell... Its counterproductive to any discussion especially with a non-believer.

nicky

Re: Amusing "Concern" that came into our center

Nicky, I am now going to discredit everything you said by the mere fact that even I as an agnostic knows that Jesus turned water into wine, not God.
And you realize that Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are the same. Known as the Holy Trinity. Think of it as water, it can be liquid, gas, or solid form... All originated from the same thing

S

serenity now

train-derail.jpg Now it's official / You're welcome.
train-derail.jpg

Integrity

Binge Poster
FilingBluesFL,

I am sorry if my using the word grace contributed to the distraction from the original topic.

To all responses in the derailment portion.

I really appreciate the faith of some and the spirited (although not Spirit-filled) disagreements to faith in the God of the Bible.

This is the point. All Christian Faith is based on God's Word , The Holy Bible.

You can believe it to be true or you can believe it to be untrue, your beliefs will not make it either true or untrue. It is either true or untrue. Period.

I lived as unbeliever once and I can understand the hardened heart.

America is full of hardened hearts.

My testimony is there is hope for those of unbelief with hardened hearts towards the God of all creation.

I suggest the following for those who don't believe in the credibility of the Holy Bible or who may think it is a joke.

The Indestructible Book: The Historic Path of God's Word from Mt. Sinai to Plymouth Rock
by
Ken Connolly,
Connolly Ken

Overview

The Scriptures were banned, burned, and ridiculed by rulers of every age, from Roman emperors to English monarchs. Many who dared to read and share the Word met horrible deaths. Yet God's truth could not be crushed.

This is a DVD that answers some of the tough questions and comments that have been made here.

Also a book, The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus By Lee Stobel

Lee Stobel is seasoned journalist who chases down the biggest story in history--is there credible evidence that Jesus of Nazareth really is the son of god?

Retracing his own spiritual journey from atheism to faith, Lee Strobel, former legal editor of the Chicago Tribune, cross-examines a dozen experts with doctorates from schools like Cambridge, Princeton, and Brandeis who are recognized authorities in their own fields.

Peace be with you.

Sincerely,
I

Cementups

Box Monkey
And you realize that Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are the same. Known as the Holy Trinity. Think of it as water, it can be liquid, gas, or solid form... All originated from the same thing

So then my father, myself and my son are all the same being? Because the last I checked Jesus was the son of God.
Except for my landscaper, Jesus. He is the son of Juan and Maria..

J

jibbs

So then my father, myself and my son are all the same being? Because the last I checked Jesus was the son of God.

You're using logic when you need to just believe!

Integrity

Binge Poster
Cementups,

No, your father, yourself and your son are not the same being.

However, according to the Holy Bible you are all created in the image and likeness of God Almighty.

The Doctrine of the Trinity is a very mysterious and often confusing doctrine of the Holy Bible.

There are many mysteries of the faith that must be accepted by faith alone.

The Trinity although many learned theologians have tried to explain it completely there is still a bit of mystery surrounding this doctrine.

Search "The Trinity" on the internet and you will find more than enough information regard this topic.

Sincerely,
I

So is God a jokester or maybe cruel to create a group of his children, plop them in the middle of nowhere left to their own devices, and if no one comes along to introduce the bible and Christianity then essentially doom them from the start irregardless of how well they live their lives?

Another hypothetical. Take for instance a child with DS. One of Gods creations. His parents raise him right. Take him to church. Read him the bible. Teach him the prayers. He can recite them all. But do to his affliction, one of the side effects being reduced mental capacity, even though he can tell you about God can it be proven he is a believer or just reciting what he was taught? Will he go to hell even though he was raised a good Christian because deep down inside the neurons that fire in his brain don't truly connect to make him a true believer although no fault of his own. Would a different DS child be allowed in heaven because his brain was afflicted less?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol that bastard.

Religion exists for one reason. People fear death and need to believe they don't just turn to dust when its all over.

Without a doubt. It's good to see that the regulars of BC are Atheists. People are finally smartening up; I hope my center has a couple too.

Ugh I hate that word. Why do we have to label everyone? I'm a nothing. I'm here ill live awhile on this earth die hopefully be cremated. Then whatever it's over makes no difference to me. I am but a blip on earths timeline.

over9five

Staff member
Ugh I hate that word. Why do we have to label everyone? I'm a nothing. I'm here ill live awhile on this earth die hopefully be cremated. Then whatever it's over makes no difference to me. I am but a blip on earths timeline.
I also hate that word.

​I have no Atheist membership card, I don't go to monthly meetings...

I find a hard time believing in any religion that claims to be based on love ( simplified description ) with exceptions because that person is "that guy".

Cementups

Box Monkey
Amusing "Concern" that came into our center

I am created of DNA by the way. Just big pile of blood and guts. Toss in some bones there as well. Not of the image of god. If not fearing "god" makes me a bad person then so be it. I'm here to live this life for myself and my family and no other.