AMZN bans FXG

This is why Fed Ex Ground is a joke

Its more bad management in my opinion

The terminal where I am is very unorganized if we were able to get out no later than 9:30 and have all the packages ready for our truck when we get there most drivers would do better jobs

Doesn’t seem like they have enough package handlers or space in the terminal for everyone

Bob11B

No it just doesn’t feel safe driving at night in residential area

We get paid a dollar more for any stops after a certain number but that’s it. A lot of guys just don’t feel its worth it being out after 6

we also don’t leave the terminal until 10:30 on avg
Da :censored2:?! It gets dark around 5:30 here, just take it slow and follow the methods

Bob11B

Take it slow with over 200 stops with no OT pay ,no pto , and leaving the terminal after 10:00 no way

We have had so many people quit all ready. The p&d people need to get their :censored2: in order
I agree with you that it’s complete bull:censored2: but I never would have signed up to work for a “company” like that. Move to a greener pasture.

Air Recovery

When you ask a FedEx driver what they wanna be when they grow up their answer is a UPS driver who isn't afraid of the dark....just got done doing resi in the ghetto with no street lights or house numbers lit at the tail end of my 14 hour day.

Feels good to be on the winning team

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Take it slow with over 200 stops with no OT pay ,no pto , and leaving the terminal after 10:00 no way

We have had so many people quit all ready. The p&d people need to get their :censored2: in order
That is why the contractor model is :censored2:.
FedEx ground and Amazon want to run you into the ground and you have nothing but a broken body when you finally give out.
I dont know if its possible to unionize as contractors, but if I was in your position I would be checking in to it.

Overpaid Union Thug

FedEx ground and Amazon want to run you into the ground and you have nothing but a broken body when you finally give out.
I dont know if its possible to unionize as contractors, but if I was in your position I would be checking in to it.

UPS has the same mentality. Even with the union we stall have too many drivers running and gunning. Either for selfish reasons or because they’re scared of management.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I thought about this before falling asleep last night. Does Amazon, or any company for that matter, have the legal right to tell one of their suppliers/vendors/third party sellers that they cannot use a particular carrier? I would agree that they can establish a preferred carrier but disagree that they can dictate who they can and cannot use.

In the case of Amazon, it is almost like winning the lottery for a third party seller to be accepted as a member of their club. We had a business locally (Global Sugar Art) that started out modestly (10 outbound packages on their first day) that literally exploded after signing on with Amazon. We now swap out trailers with a pkg car sweep at the end of the day.

RTCD

Amazon only blocked 3P FedEx shipments for sellers that Guarantee 2-Day “Seller Fulfilled Prime” shipping. They simply said FedEx was not a viable choice for 2-Day guaranteed shipping.

It was a jerk move to announce this at the busiest time of the year.

One day in the not so distant future Amazon will drop UPS. Why we think it’s okay to enable them to build a competing network is beyond me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who's FXG and what have they done to be banned?
JL0Xs7VIfVmo.gif

Overpaid Union Thug

Amazon only blocked 3P FedEx shipments for sellers that Guarantee 2-Day “Seller Fulfilled Prime” shipping. They simply said FedEx was not a viable choice for 2-Day guaranteed shipping.

It was a jerk move to announce this at the busiest time of the year.

One day in the not so distant future Amazon will drop UPS. Why we think it’s okay to enable them to build a competing network is beyond me.

UPS Was sending current and former employees (as Peak contractors) to Amazon years back to help them set up their network. That was one of the last duties of one of my former supervisors. Many of the long time UPSers in corporate/management really don’t care about the company anymore since the strike. They are all on their way out and sitting on God knows how many shares of stock.

The Driver

I drive.

FedEx and Amazon have already virtually won the game unless the federal government or at least the states themselves step in to grant workers more power. Why? Because of the "divide and conquer" strategy. Their workforce is already fragmented by its very nature, being contractors instead of employees.

The contracting workforce will need to demonstrate unprecedented levels of cooperation with each other to lobby government and to be willing to go toe to toe with the companies they contract for in order to get a better shake. I'm not holding my breath.

Overpaid Union Thug

FedEx and Amazon have already virtually won the game unless the federal government or at least the states themselves step in to grant workers more power. Why? Because of the "divide and conquer" strategy. Their workforce is already fragmented by its very nature, being contractors instead of employees.

The contracting workforce will need to demonstrate unprecedented levels of cooperation with each other to lobby government and to be willing to go toe to toe with the companies they contract for in order to get a better shake. I'm not holding my breath.
At least Amazon has liberal activist Bezos to help and advocate for unionization......oh wait never mind. LMFAO!

Days

No it just doesn’t feel safe driving at night in residential area

We get paid a dollar more for any stops after a certain number but that’s it. A lot of guys just don’t feel its worth it being out after 6

we also don’t leave the terminal until 10:30 on avg

Extra dollar per hour!! WOW!! I mean if that doesn’t motivate people I don’t know what will

onewithedd

Earlier this summer the post office busted the local fedex ground operation falsifying delivery records on there smart post deliveries by showing them on a daily basis as transfered to the post office but not really delivering them until Thursday or Friday because they were so short handed.

Customers were calling the post office complaining that that there packages were not getting delivered on the day it was scheduled to be. To fix the problem the post office made the FedEx driver wait while they scanned every package as received by the post office. They opened every bag and scanned each one.

I laughed my ass off when she told me that.