Degenerate Member
Anymore gauges or switches they’ll have it :censored2:ed up
So there's not this many?
Screenshot_20230513_102908_YouTube.jpg

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
There's hardly any gauges compared to what I've seen on YouTube

That’s the Florida model.
There’s a lot there on the old 246 model KW’s that aren’t used anymore like steer and drive axle temps. The rest you are seeing are light check/dome lights, suspension dump, diff lock. Besides all those and cruise you don’t need to worry your pretty little head over.

There’s also that nifty little button to disable lane departure but we are getting ahead of ourselves. Don’t worry though, that will be your new best friend soon.

Last edited:

Johney

There’s a lot there on the old 246 model KW’s that aren’t used anymore like steer and drive axle temps. The rest you are seeing are light check/dome lights, suspension dump, diff lock. Besides all those and cruise you don’t need to worry your pretty little head over.

There’s also that nifty little button to disable lane departure but we are getting ahead of ourselves. Don’t worry though, that will be your new best friend soon.
That was a 276 model Kenworth and by its old full numbers right at the end of that series.

I doubt UPS will hire you if you have a preexisting disability. Might not be legal but UPS will just say put down they didn't hire you because you suck.
Good one, is that what your uncle used to instruct you to do when he took you to his bedroom?

We don't take pre damaged goods

Make sure you don't drop your mom's urn, buddy.

You just need to get past the 3rd party Indian HR. Once you get scheduled a road test then you will be talking to the local supervisors.

Thank you for an insightful response, a lot of these guys must have smoked too much crack back in the 80s lol.

This was exactly my issue, dude on the other phone couldn't speak a lick of anything that wasn't on a computer screen.

The majority of the tractors in our fleet at my hub are autos. You are still going to have to take your state exam in a manual. Auto restricted CDL’s are “useless to us”. My onroad’s words, not mine. My clutch knee hurts and swells up too when I’m in one all day. Take some Tylenol and suck it up like the rest of us.
Oh. Well then there’s hope for this wimp after all.

Lmao I've been a Class A driver for well over a year, probably more passionate about it than you are - but imagine having a superiority complexion and playing down someone's genuine question.

I made a mistake in my original post, I'm not making a "ridiculous request" - hate to get personal lol, I have a from birth muscle "dystrophy" (my condition is so minimal it doesn't have a name lol, hate to even call it a condition because that sounds silly) that disallows me to engage the clutch pedal (I literally cannot push it in more than maybe 3 or so times without fully fatiguing my leg), so instead of sitting around and mooching off social security and taking from your paychecks I actually pursued my dream of driving! Trust me, I'd honestly love to drive manual, it looks fun as hell. Just not my situation.

Just wanted to know if I could get around the Indian dude on the phone who disqualifies me for having an auto restrict. lol.

I know it's so hard to believe right? Lmaooo, anyways. Thank you for people who had a genuine answer, and kys all the weirdos who had their brain turned to scrambled eggs from smoking crack with lot lizards in the 80s.

All love tho.

Last edited:

Michael Scott

Good one, is that what your uncle used to instruct you to do when he took you to his bedroom?

Thank you for an insightful response, a lot of these guys must have smoked too much crack back in the 80s lol.

This was exactly my issue, dude on the other phone couldn't speak a lick of anything that wasn't on a computer screen.

Lmao I've been a Class A driver for well over a year, probably more passionate about it than you are - but imagine having a superiority complexion and playing down someone's genuine question.

I made a mistake in my original post, I'm not making a "ridiculous request" - hate to get personal lol, I have a from birth muscle "dystrophy" (my condition is so minimal it doesn't have a name lol, hate to even call it a condition because that sounds silly) that disallows me to engage the clutch pedal (I literally cannot push it in more than maybe 3 or so times without fully fatiguing my leg), so instead of sitting around and mooching off social security and taking from your paychecks I actually pursued my dream of driving! Trust me, I'd honestly love to drive manual, it looks fun as hell. Just not my situation.

Just wanted to know if I could get around the Indian dude on the phone who disqualifies me for having an auto restrict. lol.

I know it's so hard to believe right? Lmaooo, anyways. Thank you for people who had a genuine answer, and kys all the weirdos who had their brain turned to scrambled eggs from smoking crack with lot lizards in the 80s.

All love tho.
Im not in feeders but i can say that every tractor in our center and at least the two surrounding ones are 100% automatics.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

All love tho.
Oh damn. You didn’t say you’ve had your CDL for a whopping 1 whole year! You should have lead with that, I didn’t know I was talking to a super trucker.

Change your tampon, snowflake and stop taking things so seriously. We were just screwing with you.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Oh damn. You didn’t say you’ve had your CDL for a whopping 1 whole year! You should have lead with that, I didn’t know I was talking to a super trucker.

Change your tampon, snowflake and stop taking things so seriously. We were just screwing with you.
Rookies

heh sorry i got a little upset because i couldn't fit any more rocks in my pipe.

but anyways I'm still waiting to see what someone from my terminal says.

worst case scenario i lie to the indian dude next time i apply and get in there and see what happens.

dunno tho.

qdg2

heh sorry i got a little upset because i couldn't fit any more rocks in my pipe.

but anyways I'm still waiting to see what someone from my terminal says.

worst case scenario i lie to the indian dude next time i apply and get in there and see what happens.

dunno tho.
I wish you luck.

However.....if you cannot push in even a clutch.....can you push a dolly around?....serious question. I sure wouldn't hire you. You would be an instant problem. They hate problems.

You are asking for an accommodation. Have you considered you would be laid off to a hub? Requiring you to do hub work(hard)(physical). Feeders can be quite labor intensive.......especially if you get CPU.

Piece of advice: don't lie to them.

I wish you luck.

However.....if you cannot push in even a clutch.....can you push a dolly around?....serious question. I sure wouldn't hire you. You would be an instant problem. They hate problems.

You are asking for an accommodation. Have you considered you would be laid off to a hub? Requiring you to do hub work(hard)(physical). Feeders can be quite labor intensive.......especially if you get CPU.

Piece of advice: don't lie to them.

I used to do construction, it's fine. All of that is fine and I did not intend to lie to them, but I need to get past the 3rd party hiring just to figure out if I can even get into it w/ a auto restrict.

What would the CPU detail? I was not aware of the different feeder job types, what is CPU? Is there other ones too? I'm new to all of this tbh.

Thanks.

qdg2

I used to do construction, it's fine. All of that is fine and I did not intend to lie to them, but I need to get past the 3rd party hiring just to figure out if I can even get into it w/ a auto restrict.

What would the CPU detail? I was not aware of the different feeder job types, what is CPU? Is there other ones too? I'm new to all of this tbh.

Thanks.
CPU can be as little as drop and swap to loading 53's....by hand. Pallet jacks, roller conveyors to pushing dolly's on uphill rock lots. Building sets all day. Shifting all day. Up down all day. Rookies get all the crap work. Like anywhere.

Most of us came from package car and (probably) in great shape. Most not all.

Beware: Good possibility you will end up in a hub. Inside.