An Irritated Feeder Driver

MaceFremonti

I'm curious as to how the hell he did it. Unless he floored it at the phones and didn't pay attention to that red octagon at the end of the driveway

Maybe had a high hook which held until he went to turn exiting the property while at the same time ran his tandems up on the curb and BOOM!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When you get paid by the mile or by the trip, you have a tendency to cut corners and get on down the road. His 5th wheel didn't latch, and that is 100% preventable. Just get out and look.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
All the rails and 53' UPS trailers were all parked in one spot. One of my pet peeves was to get a trailer # and when you get there, the trailer next to it is 6" away from yours. Not only can you not crank the legs up, but you can't even *fit* between the trailers. Call dispatch to send a shifter over to move the other trailer over, or pull yours out. Either way, you're looking at a wait this time of year $$$

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
One of our cocky seasonal drivers that talks about how every regular driver should be fired because they've done this or that lost his trailer going out the driveway tonight. Maybe he should've checked his pin?

Then he shows back up 45 minutes later and says he refuses to drive on the ice.

Is it wrong to rat out a seasonal who no one likes and burns everyones runs because he doesn't do the methods properly? Last week he ran over his lunch box he left on the battery box...
it's not ratting if it is a safety issue brother.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
wal-mart used to have the best and most respected drivers when it was company drivers only. when they went gypo also, there reputation out here on the road has been steadily declining.

hope our co. is smart enough to see that.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Pretty sure it was like mace said, he either high hooked or it wasn't latched all the way and the trailer slid off the 5th wheel when he went around that turn. Coming up the hill out of the yard I can't see how he would have been going fast enough to flip it just from taking the turn too sharp.

Johney

wal-mart used to have the best and most respected drivers when it was company drivers only. when they went gypo also, there reputation out here on the road has been steadily declining.

hope our co. is smart enough to see that.
Speaking of gypsies, there have been two FedEx feeder accidents around here in just the last week.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ok, I have found the BurMD trailer on it's side, let's see if this works

Attachments

• 1419211572114.jpg
    1419211572114.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 184

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
You get what you pay for. I've seen independents leave our yard pulling sets and you know there is no way they are allowed to pull doubles legally. I asked feeder management once how they know if these guys have doubles endorsements. I asked if they checked their licenses. They said no, we just ask them. Hell, they're not going to turn down a load just because they're not legal. I spent a lot of time on and around our yard because I was local. I'd see this same guy day and night, coming and going, coming and going. I finally asked the guy where he was coming from. He told me he was making round trips between Houston and Mesquite. He was doing 2 and 3 trips back to back, by himself, no co-driver. Mesquite is 478 miles away. You do the math. I wouldn't want to be beside him on the road.:whiteflag:

trickpony1

....and when the contractor has an accident and the opposing attorney finds out that UPS knew his HOS were in violation but continued to dispatch this driver...........guess what?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the bean counters set aside money for lawsuits. true. I asked our district manager about a liability question and her answer was " it is all factored into the equation."

if im lying. im dying.

MaceFremonti

Speaking of BURMD saw two contractors and one of us come in there yesterday with long chassis' that had the rear pins without zip ties in the OPEN postion....:eek:

I'm not even comfortable with those things triple zip tied much less WFO.

UPS4Life

Speaking of BURMD saw two contractors and one of us come in there yesterday with long chassis' that had the rear pins without zip ties in the OPEN postion....:eek:

I'm not even comfortable with those things triple zip tied much less WFO.
Probably came from meadowlands -_-

As for contractors one didn't have a cell phone a wallet or any id but he still left with a load. Sure hope it got there. Ya know I look at the trailers going down the road and they aren't sealed very good. You would think with contractors we should be sealing them as if they're going on the rail; bolts and wires.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johney

Probably came from meadowlands -_-

As for contractors one didn't have a cell phone a wallet or any id but he still left with a load. Sure hope it got there. Ya know I look at the trailers going down the road and they aren't sealed very good. You would think with contractors we should be sealing them as if they're going on the rail; bolts and wires.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I always wondered how many loads disappear this time of year and we never hear about it. It's gotta happen, just seems too easy for it not too.