An Irritated Feeder Driver

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1417767893.828940.jpg

Here you go...this is a case of a driver that is: (A) unable to back a dolly behind a trailer, (B) a lazy roustabout, or (C), a narcissistic A-Hole. Management material, for sure.

QKRSTKR

View attachment 21027

Here you go...this is a case of a driver that is: (A) unable to back a dolly behind a trailer, (B) a lazy roustabout, or (C), a narcissistic A-Hole. Management material, for sure.

We have guys that drop dollies off the back breaking down triples. You really don't expect them to use their tractor each time do you? I agree though, it's a pain.

The service line is no big deal for me not being in the hole. when I spot my Dollie I always undo it and toss it in the basket so I don't pinch it.

QKRSTKR

I see that some idiot hooked the chains to the bottom bar and didn't twist the air hose to keep it away from the pintle. I've seen seasoned pros hook the chains to the bottom bar backward! I've seen air hoses punchured when left like this.

How about the idiots that wrap the air hose from the trailer around the pintle under the flapper. A good way to damage it if you happen to back to far and hit the pintle hook on the dolly.

Or the lazy SOB's that wrap the dolly light cord around the pogo stick and attach it to the tank drain cable. It is a pain to try and unwrap when it is cold outside. The cord is too stiff.

I could go on but I digress.
Why don't you take it out and check the line and the glad hands and grommets like your suppose to then put it how you want it? Just sayin.

Johney

View attachment 21027

Just remember bro.....you were a rookie once too. It may not have been left that way on purpose quite possibly a newbie told by dispatch to make your pull time or else! All the while wondering how in the hell that can happen when I just inbound at 01:00 and have to build a set with a pull time 01:05. Relax man you seem a bit high strung over things you have absolutely no control over.

:happy2::happy2:Now go to bed you surely must be tired.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We have guys that drop dollies off the back breaking down triples. You really don't expect them to use their tractor each time do you? I agree though, it's a pain.

The service line is no big deal for me not being in the hole. when I spot my Dollie I always undo it and toss it in the basket so I don't pinch it.

These aren't triples guys.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
What irks me even more than the lazy driver who drops his dolly sideways in front of the others is when the next guy who gets a dolly gets a dolly OTHER than the one that is sideways. Come on, you can fix the problem, plus get a dolly that you know was recently used, cutting down on the chances it has something wrong with it.

Johney

What irks me even more than the lazy driver who drops his dolly sideways in front of the others is when the next guy who gets a dolly gets a dolly OTHER than the one that is sideways. Come on, you can fix the problem, plus get a dolly that you know was recently used, cutting down on the chances it has something wrong with it.
Drop your inbound dolly in a secret spot and come back and get it after spotting your inbound? I know guys who can keep the same dolly for what seems like months and get pissed if they have to pull a long box out and leave their prized dolly behind.

Almost

I will throw two cent's worth into this one. As someone who shifted for years, NOT tucking the air line under the glad hand bugs me to this day. Not draining the air out of the dolly ticks me off as even a little bit can make the brakes lock (which tears the picker apart). I tell new drivers to drain the air when breaking a set and to drain it again when dropping the dolly to get the last little bit out.

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
Drop your inbound dolly in a secret spot and come back and get it after spotting your inbound? I know guys who can keep the same dolly for what seems like months and get :censored2: if they have to pull a long box out and leave their prized dolly behind.
Bingo.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Why don't you take it out and check the line and the glad hands and grommets like your suppose to then put it how you want it? Just sayin.
Both your trailers are on the door. Dolly spotted in front of rear box. Sort goes down. You are inside behind your trailer like you are supposed to be. You see the door go down.

Do you pull off a few feet and check the back or do you pull off, back to your dolly in front of the back box and then check the lights and seal the trailer?

I usually pull off and back to my dolly. Check the lights, seal trailer, throw the dolly on and then couple. I check the seals as I am attaching hoses to dolly.

Some of us do not claim to be perfect. When backing to a dolly, I have bumped the pintle hook a time or two. You know, raining. Sometimes hard to tell how close you are.

I guess I could pull the front box off the door, stop, get out and check lights and hoses. Then get back in and move it in front of the dolly. Just saving a step.

Here's how I leave the hose for the next guy. The hose stays behind the pin and the handle so it cannot get punctured if one backs too far and taps the dolly.

Attachments

• 1417843394611.jpg
    1417843394611.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 213

Johney

Both your trailers are on the door. Dolly spotted in front of rear box. Sort goes down. You are inside behind your trailer like you are supposed to be. You see the door go down.

Do you pull off a few feet and check the back or do you pull off, back to your dolly in front of the back box and then check the lights and seal the trailer?

I usually pull off and back to my dolly. Check the lights, seal trailer, throw the dolly on and then couple. I check the seals as I am attaching hoses to dolly.

Some of us do not claim to be perfect. When backing to a dolly, I have bumped the pintle hook a time or two. You know, raining. Sometimes hard to tell how close you are.

I guess I could pull the front box off the door, stop, get out and check lights and hoses. Then get back in and move it in front of the dolly. Just saving a step.

Here's how I leave the hose for the next guy. The hose stays behind the pin and the handle so it cannot get punctured if one backs too far and taps the dolly.
How about the old timers who back up to the lead trailer hear it couple, then test tug and, then drag it three feet off the door before hooking up the air lines and raising the landing gear. Then do the same with the rear. I assume they do this to check the rear lights and attach the chain? Haven't figured that one out yet.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
How about the old timers who back up to the lead trailer hear it couple, then test tug and, then drag it three feet off the door before hooking up the air lines and raising the landing gear. Then do the same with the rear. I assume they do this to check the rear lights and attach the chain? Haven't figured that one out yet.
I'm an old timer but I never did that. All that does is save you a trip out of the cab and back to raise the landing gear. Pure laziness. I never did it because it is also a good way to bend the landing gear to where it wont crank up at all or at the very least make it hard to crank for the rest of it's life.

MaceFremonti

Two years ago that's how I was trained although you were only supposed to drag the trailers just far enough off the door to be able to get behind them. Now after I hook the lines up etc I take the extra 30 seconds and roll the trailer off the door.