And how was peak day???

Channahon

Just wanted to take a moment to thank all UPSer's for their hard work on Peak Day. I know when I was working, this was one of the most challenging and rewarding days. Knowing the volume would lighten up for a breather.

Hope all had a safe day and hopefully the weather will get better in the Northeast and Plains states.

Happy Holiday and Cheers to ALL!!

HazMatMan

Just wanted to take a moment to thank all UPSer's for their hard work on Peak Day. I know when I was working, this was one of the most challenging and rewarding days. Knowing the volume would lighten up for a breather.

Hope all had a safe day and hopefully the weather will get better in the Northeast and Plains states.

When was peak day??

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Apparently UPS had our peak volume day calculated to be today. Yes, well all look forward to the end of this day because we know that volume is going to start getting lighter after that.

Unfortunately, today's volume seemed low. There were lots of single-piece stops - I had 122 - but I have a really, really bad feeling that the storm that blew through eastern Canada a couple of days ago slowed down the freight a bit. Probably get it on Friday, when air volume is supposed to be heaviest.

satellitedriver

tomorrow, friday and monday
And, the three weeks after peak.
Volume is too low,says the Great Oz (read as DM) , so drivers are laid off.
The drivers that do work run a jigsaw,mismatched jumble of deliveries, for about 10 hrs.
The after peak weeks provided me with alot of OT to start the new year.
At least,that is the way it works around here.
PAX

browniehound

Chan,
Happy Holidays to you also. Since you asked, I'm going to tell you, LOL.
It was bad here in Mass. The difference is I always have a great attitude during peak and I seldom get aggrivated.

Here in the Boston area we had 2 major snow storms in the last week (one occured on a Sunday Dec 16th , the other on the prior Thursday Dec 13th ). So our helper teams are dealing with snow banks and 2 feet of snow on our lawns. This means we can't cut across lawns to knock off 4 stops in 2 minutes like we could as little as as 10 days ago.

Again Chan, you asked so I'll respond, LOL! I did 297 today with my helper for 9 hours. I started at 845, left the building at 924, and got on area at 955. I managed 17 stops myself until 1030 and drove to get my helper at 1040. I started back to my area and started delivering again at 1050.

I then got a message to go to a late air meetpoint at 1105:angry:. So we go there with a total of 25 stops done to get 10 more packages. So now I am starting the route at 1125 with 270 stops and 420+ pieces to deliver.

Me and my helper did really well once we got started delivering, in spite of the snow and ice. I dropped him off at 1855 and I was paid for my lunch (since I didn't take one).

The bottom line is this, we worked hard today and it feels good. Peak sucks, yet when you look back at it, its amazing what we as UPSers (I include everyone from the district manager down to the unloaders) accomplish in this final week.

So, I just want to wish every UPS employee good luck for the next 2 days and keep your chin up. Its only packages and you move them or deliver them 1 at a time. When you think of it like this, its an easy job:wink2:.

Thanks again Chan. I hope I didn't ramble too much in the above post.
I'll see ya around "brown Cafe".

Merry Christmas to everyone,
Brownie

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Peak here started in September and hasn't let up at all

Yeah, that's because our dollar has been trading at or near or above parity with the U.S. dollar for some time now, and people are just going wild with the online shopping! It's making peak extra-sucky.

JwEF8

270 Stops
456 Packages
10 Pickups
80 PU Packages

Owwww my @#%$^&! feet hurt
Merry Christmas ppl:knockedout:

Wow..I'm a DH and My Driver only gets about 130 Stops a day.
Today was Suppose to be a Busy Day.I only got 91 Stops on My diad
and he got the usual 30 before he picks me up.

john346

No more Brown!
Mine was Tuesday, 142 stops, 298 miles in snow, 1.25 hour lunch (to keep me under 12), in house at 22:00, just in time to bring in some firewood & shovel & sweep the walks. Oh yea, two concerns called in from the same woman, who bitched because she was being "discriminated against" because of where she lives (13 miles up a canyon and my last stop of the day, 4" new unplowed road). Wish I knew Al Sharpton's number to give her so they could get on TV to get that discrimination case rolling! Gotta love these holidays! Merry christmas to all, despite what my gal thinks, we are doing a GREAT job (as always)!

ups79

404 stops, 595 pkgs delivered in a 6 cube before dr.

thebrownbox

It was crap!! :angry:

Somehow about 4,000 packages had to be rescanned since most of them went on wrong trucks.. Now that waw yesterday... so they came back again today to be rescanned again (saw most of the same boxes) so with today's load and yesterday's it was hell at it's best!

rea015

Peak day in Ireland

just as bad its blommin tuf lookin foward to the "holidays":happy-very: such as they are in this game wont mind floatin around my route when its nice an quiet ahhhhhh!