Another Day Another School Shooting

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This could be the poster for GOP hypocrisy. Pro life and a death cult at the same time. The insensitivity of this picture shows the world that guns have nothing to do with freedom or security. It's about power, intimidation, menacing, and weak ego support.
GOP, the party of a shameless death cult.
1638332146814.jpg

KCJr-Phx

Ya it's a joke picture to poke fun at the left.
Maybe if we make him white they'll pay attention.

If he actually looked like that then the story wouldn't have been downplayed and now moved on from completely.
How is it downplayed? He's obviously going to spend the rest of his life in jail. I haven't heard anyone try to defend him.

I would say the right has downplayed the school shooting if you really want to go there. I haven't heard anyone say the school shooter should be killed like yall have been saying about Darrell Brooks?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Cult? I'm far from a cult member. I'm just all for equal justice and equality. A lot of you right wingers see that as a bad thing for some reason and feel that if we are all equal that reduces them to 2nd class citizens
Life lesson for those that are seeking justice.
The only justice found in the Halls of Justice are in the halls.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I have said the GOP, who Evangelicals most identify with, are hypocrites because the argue for pro-life/ anti-abortion laws but also stand against gun laws that would restrict the ownership and justifiable use of guns.

So let's listen to the debate with this town hall of religion leaders and public advocates for there views.

Watch, with a open mind, if that's even possible, and tell us who's arguments carry the day and why?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have said the GOP, who Evangelicals most identify with, are hypocrites because the argue for pro-life/ anti-abortion laws but also stand against gun laws that would restrict the ownership and justifiable use of guns.

So let's listen to the debate with this town hall of religion leaders and public advocates for there views.

Watch, with a open mind, if that's even possible, and tell us who's arguments carry the day and why?

NPR is just another unofficial component of the DNC.

vantexan

Why would anyone support a law that would restrict the justifiable use of guns? Isn't that the point of the 2nd Amendment? To have weapons to be used in justifiable circumstances?

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Why would anyone support a law that would restrict the justifiable use of guns? Isn't that the point of the 2nd Amendment? To have weapons to be used in justifiable circumstances?
Define "justifiable".

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
And
Well regulated is the defining clause in the sentence with "the right of people to keep and bear Arms", a subordinate clause.
What most people who don't understand is the 2nd amendment was a product of a colonial militia being the primary army of that time. Even though we had a standing army, in most territorial and wild America, at that time, local militia was the army in the field.
What we need is more of that "well regulated" right to bear arms.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
That's obvious to anyone not in your cult.

I am ALWAYS amused that the Evangelical Trumplicans are certain God will protect them from Covid and refuse to be vaccinated are the SAME evangelical Trumplicans who have to strap guns on to go to Wal Mart

bacha29

The belief that the "justified" use of a firearm to bring a violent end to an incident is always at that very moment the exclusive domain of the person pulling the trigger....or so he thinks.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I am ALWAYS amused that the Evangelical Trumplicans are certain God will protect them from Covid and refuse to be vaccinated are the SAME evangelical Trumplicans who have to strap guns on to go to Wal Mart
I have no idea why you quoted me as that post has absolutely nothing to do with me.

You're melting down snowflake.

vantexan

Define "justifiable".

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
And
Well regulated is the defining clause in the sentence with "the right of people to keep and bear Arms", a subordinate clause.
What most people who don't understand is the 2nd amendment was a product of a colonial militia being the primary army of that time. Even though we had a standing army, in most territorial and wild America, at that time, local militia was the army in the field.
What we need is more of that "well regulated" right to bear arms.
People on the frontier protected themselves from not only Indians but also criminals. There was no calling 911. Everyone knew exactly what the 2nd Amendment was saying, and courts have upheld that right even when the Supreme Court was majority liberal. I have never understood why anti gun advocates cannot grasp the simple point that when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. And I think most gun owners will tell you they are regulated plenty.