Another decade in ROCK history.

FromOffTheStreets

too bad you didnt grow up in the late 50's and 60's. it was a magical time.

i don't think I have been turned on by a good rock song since the 90's.
I would agree for the most part. Classic rock had a lot of character & good nature to it. It grabbed your attention and you could easily sing along with the melodies. Its timeless.
Now I grew up with the nu metal scene & punk in the 90's/00's. I picked up the guitar & was in bands & all that & it was great.
However "rock" music died 10 or 15 years ago. 95% of it is just garbage & has been for awhile. Sure you can find a band or song that's good but you have to search for it.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
tenor95(61).gif

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I do like some of Alice in Chains , and some other big rock groups of the 90's but most of them self destructed by suicide.
AIC came back with a new album in 2009 and a new lead vocalist. The rest of the band is the same lineup from the 90's and Jerry Cantrell still does harmonies on the vocals. I'll always love classic Alice but I'll come out and admit I enjoy their recent work more.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
70's was the golden age for rock imho. There's been some good rock made in every decade since but most of it is pretty forgettable.
In 10 years nobody will remember most of the stuff posted in this thread, but they'll still be listening to Clapton, Zeppelin, Boston, Fleetwood Mac, etc.

Future

Victory Ride
70's was the golden age for rock imho. There's been some good rock made in every decade since but most of it is pretty forgettable.
In 10 years nobody will remember most of the stuff posted in this thread, but they'll still be listening to Clapton, Zeppelin, Boston, Fleetwood mac, etc.
Absolutely... Building block for a lot of Rock bands that followed