Another decade in ROCK history.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Not to change the subject but Maroon 5 is coming to the area next year $300 a ticket,crap on that.
That's beyond ludicrous. Prices like that should garner you front row stage seats (or floor), a meet and greet with the band, and maybe a private jam session after the show.

oldngray

nowhere special
Interesting article. When I was younger, I listened to everything except hardrock. Rap, techno, classic rock, pop, old reggae, but not hard rock.

Now, I can't stand rap or pop. All I listen to is hard rock but occasionally switch to hair or grunge. Lots of alternative bands and local stuff. Some classic rock when I can't find the other stuff I like.

Weird how things change and how some things stay the same.
That article had questionable methodology. It picked the most popular songs from Billboard (which highly biases the result as to what types of music) and tries to link it to the ages of people supposedly are listening to it. Nothing about people listening to music that was released years earlier (or later)

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
That article had questionable methodology. It picked the most popular songs from Billboard (which highly biases the result as to what types of music) and tries to link it to the ages of people supposedly are listening to it. Nothing about people listening to music that was released years earlier (or later)
I thought about that too and tried to think back to which songs influenced me when I was a teen. I know for a fact that some of my favorites were from years or decades earlier. Now, I think about some of my favorite songs and I still find myself drawn to songs from the past, but I am also really starting to question what I really like as I find some modern day riffs to be favorites.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I hate to even imagine what the future brings for music. Its nothing but auto-tune crap the way it is now.
You're listening in the wrong places if you think this is true. I am constantly looking forward the next great thing.

TTLS1

I hate to even imagine what the future brings for music. Its nothing but auto-tune crap the way it is now.

while this might be true for country(the new hip hop) and hip hop/rap this is not true for rock. slipknot, volbeat, pop evil, falling in reverse, beatooth, these guys aren't auto tuned garbage.

TTLS1

you left so many good bands off your list: beartooth, falling in reverse, parkway drive, bring me the horizon, volbeat, avatar, a7x, slipknot, asking Alexandria, bad wolves, etc etc these are all personal preference and everyone is entitled to their own opinion of music. I don't mind classic rock but not gonna be my go to that's for sure.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
you left so many good bands off your list: beartooth, falling in reverse, parkway drive, bring me the horizon, volbeat, avatar, a7x, slipknot, asking Alexandria, bad wolves, etc etc these are all personal preference and everyone is entitled to their own opinion of music. I don't mind classic rock but not gonna be my go to that's for sure.
The last two years or so all of those have put out phenomenal new music. It was tough for me to just pick a few examples.

542thruNthru

This thread does not rock!
PRRj0v1.jpg