Another Driver protects himself from a dog

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
I have had to kick a dog in self defense 3 times is the last 27 years.

It upset me. I regretted having to do it. I sure as hell didnt get smug about it, or take pride in it, or get off on it to the point where I would make up a screen name that glorified it. I feel bad for anyone who has to make themselves feel better by abusing an animal.
I felt quite smug and glorified-like I just saved the homeowners $5k in insurance payouts. Maybe I should change my screen name to GEICO.

Overpaid Union Thug

Reread my post. If that dog for some reason gets upset, or let's say its a dog you aren't familiar with, you are toast. It could very well be a dog that's normally friendly towards you and was raised right and all that. Dogs have mood swings just like people do. The most dangerous dogs are the ones that are big and/or fast that pack a powerful bite. All it takes to have a bad encounter is one getting scared or a little extra territorial because they are having a bad day. If a pitbull is loose when that happens people are in danger. Then here comes a UPS driver that thinks its just a spoiled and harmless dog and they end up with a bite.
Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Like, "Your Daddy?" Nice try cupcake.
Children often develop--or fail to develop---compassion and empathy for others by observing how their parents treat animals. It is a proven fact that the children of animal abusers tend to become abusers themselves

If you have not already gotten a vasectomy...please do so as soon as possible.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Children often develop--or fail to develop---compassion and empathy for others by observing how their parents treat animals. It is a proven fact that the children of animal abusers tend to become abusers themselves

If you have not already gotten a vasectomy...please do so as soon as possible.
Lol. I do love me some animals. Bbq'd, fried, smoked, whatever.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
One thing I vehemently disagree with...coddled children. Once a child knows what no means...About 10 months old. You teach it how to treat an animal. It is not OK, to pull its tail, bite it, eat out of its dish, poke its eyes or other orifaces.
I always make sure my dogs know the rules. Anyone can get in their food dish because things happen. I do not agree that when children come to my house, age 1 and above, that I have to put my dog in another room, and her food up. Because you cannot tell your child NO. My grandkids know the rules. I learned at a very, very young age to respect animals. They have one defense, they cannot talk, if a dog can be trained, so can the spoiled sheltered little
child.
Toon,
Every time I see a pic of her I just think what an awesome looking dobie. Please keep sharing her with us!
Thanks I just cant help myself.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
029.JPG

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
091.JPG
So what is the difference between and enraged dog, and a calm dog. A dog that will bite vs a dog that wont. Its the calm, its how it is raised, it is what it learns. Just like a child

Last edited:

Nimnim

The Nim
I don't care for dogs, but I don't fear them either. It's true though that even the most "aggressive" breeds will only be that way if they're not trained otherwise. It can be that same for cats, as hard as they are to train, but cats are less likely to be on the news for taking a chunk of out someone's leg even though they can cause some serious damage.

Any serious pet owner, and I include Tooner in this, will know to train them properly, but if they feel there might be an issue will take appropriate action to confine or minimize the risk. You don't have to put a dog in another room before opening the front door, just make sure you block their path so they don't run out when you open it.

Just because the pet you own has never attacked you, doesn't mean they won't attack a stranger at your door and far too many people don't understand that.

I love animals myself, but I understand much like people your pets have their own personalities and they don't always react well to someone new showing up.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't care for dogs, but I don't fear them either. It's true though that even the most "aggressive" breeds will only be that way if they're not trained otherwise. It can be that same for cats, as hard as they are to train, but cats are less likely to be on the news for taking a chunk of out someone's leg even though they can cause some serious damage.

Any serious pet owner, and I include Tooner in this, will know to train them properly, but if they feel there might be an issue will take appropriate action to confine or minimize the risk. You don't have to put a dog in another room before opening the front door, just make sure you block their path so they don't run out when you open it.

Just because the pet you own has never attacked you, doesn't mean they won't attack a stranger at your door and far too many people don't understand that.

I love animals myself, but I understand much like people your pets have their own personalities and they don't always react well to someone new showing up.

I had a dog who was super friendly around adults (even strangers) but just didn't like kids. He wasn't around kids when he was a puppy and didn't recognize kids as people. He wouldn't attack them but would bark at them and scare them.

gman042

Been around the block a few times

The first time I encountered a particular pit bull I was unprepared. I pulled up to the stop and saw him there. Huge animal, big block head and all muscle. The first thing he did was jump right up in the cab with me.
First thought that I was a goner.
That dog is a big teddy bear. If there was ever a dog that was a nuisance at wanting to play and some affection this is the dog.
He changed my perception of pit bulls.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

I dont have to put my dog in another room. She doesnt run and charge the door. And if I had a dollar for every person who thought "blocking" their dog keeps them in their place, I would retire.

I have taken special care to introduce her slowly to people with special needs, autism, and mentally challenged adults and kids, kids who may be louder, or move erratically. I have pictures, but dont feel I should post them.

And I tell every owner that tells me their dog wont bite, the same thing, just because it wont bite you, does not mean it wont bite me. You are so right Nimnim.

Overpaid Union Thug

<<<<<Just because the pet you own has never attacked you, doesn't mean they won't attack a stranger at your door and far too many people don't understand that.>>>>>>

EXACTLY!