Another Ground Delivery Goes Wrong

bbsam

Staff member
I would like to scan the comments and see if anyone posted a tracking number. Probably won't though.
I looked at all 3 Huff Post pictures. I don't see anything that confirms it's an Express package. If it is, it wouldn't surprise me, but it says "Ground" all over it. All that is missing is the driver's cigarette butt laying on top of it.

thedownhillEXPRESS

It must be an express package.

Roads stickers for one.

I find it interesting that I see 3 "roads" stickers (little yellow ones) on the box, this usually happens on a send again package, or a reused box(which seems unlikely).

This could mean several things, the driver could have tried to get a signature the first two days and said the hell with it on the third, OR, the most likely scenario is the driver dex 1'd the package for several days during peak.

Either way, you get what you pay for, all FedEx Opcos are the poop of the shipping world...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It must be an express package.

Roads stickers for one.

I find it interesting that I see 3 "roads" stickers (little yellow ones) on the box, this usually happens on a send again package, or a reused box(which seems unlikely).

This could mean several things, the driver could have tried to get a signature the first two days and said the hell with it on the third, OR, the most likely scenario is the driver dex 1'd the package for several days during peak.

Either way, you get what you pay for, all FedEx Opcos are the poop of the shipping world...

The stupid part of this is that the driver even had to take it out in the first place. Why even attempt a package as badly damaged as this one? The shipper should have been notified, the package returned, and the recipient shipped another duplicate item. Oh, and FedEx should have promptly paid the damage claim.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
No one should ship something like that through an express network.
I feel the same way about fools who buy and have shipped large, flat panel T.V.s
Things like that need to be palletized and shipped palletized only.

RTURNSONLY

I would like to scan the comments and see if anyone posted a tracking number. Probably won't though.
Although no tracking information available, however, and upon further research, this Horizon Evolves SG treadmill sold by Amazon is actually fulfilled and shipped from Treadmill World. Interesting enough, Treadmill World has the following information posted regarding their shipping rules:

Treadmill World Shipping Policies
Free shipping to anywhere in the continental United States by common carrier. This includes UPS, UPS Freight, and other trucking companies.Free shipping does not include delivery inside residence or up or down stairs. We cannot deliver to P.O. boxes, APOs, Alaska, Hawaii, or anywhere outside the U.S. Orders canceled after shipment, but before delivery are subject to to-and-from shipping charges if we incur these shipping charges from the carrier. Most orders delivered 7 - 14 days after the order is placed.

Last time I checked, Express is NOT a trucking company, or is it?

Another interesting related note, Amazon also posted the following disclaimer, possible steaming from the problem and bad press araising with this messed-up Fedex delivery:

Item Under Review
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

overflowed

Although no tracking information available but upon further research, this Horizon Evolves SG treadmill sold by Amazon is actually fulfilled and shipped from Treadmill World. Interesting enough, Treadmill World has the following information posted regarding their shipping rules:

Treadmill World Shipping Policies
Free shipping to anywhere in the continental United States by common carrier. This includes UPS, UPS Freight, and other trucking companies.Free shipping does not include delivery inside residence or up or down stairs. We cannot deliver to P.O. boxes, APOs, Alaska, Hawaii, or anywhere outside the U.S. Orders canceled after shipment, but before delivery are subject to to-and-from shipping charges if we incur these shipping charges from the carrier. Most orders delivered 7 - 14 days after the order is placed.

Last time I checked, Express is NOT a trucking company, or is it?

Interesting enough, Amazon also posted the following disclaimer, possible steaming from the problem and bad press araising with this messed-up Fedex delivery:

Item Under Review
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

We get a lot of packages from Amazon that are seriously overweight for the type of packaging they're placed in. So nice when you see some gigantic package with your roads label on it. Funny as they're always exactly 150 lbs. Hey, at least you got a nice Mercedes van to try to fit it in.

barnyard

KTM rider
That right there is the problem with shipping any package that size in a small package network. I have seen stuff like that at UPS. Not as often now as 10-12 years ago. I blame it on our sales force that tries to sell the small package network as cheaper than freight. It may very well be a little cheaper, until you factor in the returns and damages.

bbsam

Staff member
Sounds like alot of people here are doing their damnedest to cut the courier some slack. Now if it were a Ground driver....

CJinx

Amazon packs their boxes like crap. That doesn't excuse everyone who touched this box because they didn't stop it to have it inspected/repacked, however.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Sounds like alot of people here are doing their damnedest to cut the courier some slack. Now if it were a Ground driver....

You're right.

Paging Dickie Home Delivery, where are you Dickie?

We need to know what the know-it-all of Home Del. would have done.

Schlepper

We've all handled Amazon boxes that are destroyed. They never use enough packing material, the boxes always collapse, the tape fails, the box ends up looking opened, and by the time you end up with it the box looks like it's been run over by a linehaul truck. No matter what a courier does, if a shipper drops the ball on packing the box will look like that every time.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
What about all those packages of clothing where there is nothing of any support in the package when it's just full of bras and panties?