Another Ground Delivery Goes Wrong

HomeDelivery

Re: Another EXPRESS Delivery Goes Wrong

sup guys! flu is killin' me, but since i don't have any paid sick days ~ i be out there in the trenches with the rest of 'em...

Amazon packs their boxes like crap. That doesn't excuse everyone who touched this box because they didn't stop it to have it inspected/repacked, however.

the 1st sentence & walmart sometimes have sucky warehouse workers that doesn't tape up their parcels securely...

but, if i see that on my sorted pile, i'd yank it off & get a QA clerk right away to inspect it.

if he/she can't repack it due to no extra cardboard laying around, we'll tape it up the best we can, i'll make the QA clerk put one of those "inspection stickers" that they've inspected the box to find everything to be intact & complete (code 40 for you, CJinx?)... and i'll deliver it.

At the customer's home, i'll see if they'll want to accept the parcel, noting that a QA clerk has inspected it to be OK internally & apologize for the destroyed box. I'll allow a code 06 if he/she is home to refuse the box... if they're not home, i'll release it w/ a status doortag; they'll call the company if they want a p/up or call tag to be returned back to the warehouse or RTS.

---------------------------------
I'm hoping that Express courier was a cover driver or a new hire... wow, that sucks to be the person who released that...

PS: hey OP, change the title to Express...

PPS: so those multiple small yellow tags mean multiple delivery attempts? just trying to figure out how the box got to be soo mangled...

CJinx

Re: Another EXPRESS Delivery Goes Wrong

if he/she can't repack it due to no extra cardboard laying around, we'll tape it up the best we can, i'll make the QA clerk put one of those "inspection stickers" that they've inspected the box to find everything to be intact & complete (code 40 for you, CJinx?)... and i'll deliver it.
Yes. I'm very liberal with those stickers too; I try to write notes on them(eg; original box wet, contents undamaged) and initial them. Nothing has ever come of it, but I figure the customer would like to have all the facts before they do anything.

thedownhillEXPRESS

PPS: so those multiple small yellow tags mean multiple delivery attempts? just trying to figure out how the box got to be soo mangled...

The small yellow tags show the route number the package belongs to(incorrect most of the time) , one sticker gets placed after a scan on the sort per day, this one looks like it went down the belt 3 days.

HomeDelivery

yea, thanks guys for that confirmation; i didn't see a service cross anywhere in that jumbled mess of a box

I had to call out sick today & let him find another temp driver from the peak season pool to fill-in...

HomeDelivery

oh and you guys got code 10 (inspection required) if it was already loaded on your package car & you didn't see this mess in a bricked-out vehicle until the last minute?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Glad to see you back, Dickie.
Guess you should'a got a flu shot. Man, I've been del'ing a ton of those vaccines.

oh and you guys got code 10 (inspection required) if it was already loaded on your package car & you didn't see this mess in a bricked-out vehicle until the last minute?

No such thing at Express.
And, we're not supposed to write on pkgs. anymore. i.e. service cross.

CJinx

What about all those packages of clothing where there is nothing of any support in the package when it's just full of bras and panties?
Hate it when people ship 100lbs of dirty clothes in a 65lb box. I remember their names and addresses in case I catch any bedbugs from having to handle their dirty laundry.

Grounded

All I've got to say about those damn poorly boxed treadmills, is after you drag that thing out of the belly of a 37 foot then get it to the rollers, and put it on a cart, then drag it up the stairs and get it back to the belt and have a team lift to get it staged, then the driver puts it in the truck, then it gets put on a hand cart and dragged across snow and stairs, it's lucky that it got there at all. If you've dragged one of those in the past few weeks you know that.

I bet that one should have been brought over to QA cage, so failure on the SM and PH first, then second it should have been 10'd and not delivered by the driver. so failure on the driver second. Over all I don't know why the anyone let that happen they are just going to be picking it up the next day and dragging it all over a second time. I'm surprised that went out though, people are just being lazy, I've personally dragged 3 of those to QA by myself in the last month because I wasn't going to send them out looking like garbage.

STFXG

What's all this team lift and dragging nonsense? Man up and carry it! Or go work for express... Envelopes are easier on the back. Lol

Grounded

I'm all about the team lift, I yell "team lift" out every time I see a box over 75 pounds., no sense having your back go out on you for a paycheck, if I can't get someone to help with a lift, it's pivot and slide, no way do I let my guys lift a 120 pounder by themselves, I'll do it but, I won't make them.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What's all this team lift and dragging nonsense? Man up and carry it! Or go work for express... Envelopes are easier on the back. Lol

That's funny. You do realize that Express couriers are required to, and do lift packages weighing up to 150 lbs, dont you? And they always have been....

Last edited:

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Actually it's 75 alone and 150 with assistance of either human or mechanical means....but lets not split hairs over 5 lbs. Either one is heavy as all get out...lol I'm one of those guys, that as long as I can get my arms around it, I can carry it. It's just that picking it up off the floor that hurts!

Grounded

And every 150# box really weighs 150#, plus you are guaranteed to get help moving it because if you get hurt trying to do it alone it's an "Unsafe Act". FedEx is always "safe".

It is unsafe to lift a 150lb box with no assistance. This isn't a pair of 75lb dumbbells in a perfectly formed squat here, this is a big poorly packed metal strapped behemoth that we end up getting. I'm not saying it can't be done with many boxes by one person, but when you let it known that people are expected to do it by themselves with no help as part of their job that's just silly, that's why the policy is in place. Some people are better at following it than others, personally it's the law of the land in my terminal.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It is unsafe to lift a 150lb box with no assistance. This isn't a pair of 75lb dumbbells in a perfectly formed squat here, this is a big poorly packed metal strapped behemoth that we end up getting. I'm not saying it can't be done with many boxes by one person, but when you let it known that people are expected to do it by themselves with no help as part of their job that's just silly, that's why the policy is in place. Some people are better at following it than others, personally it's the law of the land in my terminal.

The reality is that you are highly unlikely to get any help delivering a 150# pkg. Maybe loading it at the station, but not on the road, unless you are at a loading dock where someone might be willing to help. The chances are that you will deliver it or pick it up without assistance in order to save time. And if you do get hurt, you will be charged with a preventable injury and possibly an Unsafe Act.

When we audit "150#" pkgs, they have weighed as much as 325#. Customers are just like Fred S...they lie.

overflowed

The reality is that you are highly unlikely to get any help delivering a 150# pkg. Maybe loading it at the station, but not on the road, unless you are at a loading dock where someone might be willing to help. The chances are that you will deliver it or pick it up without assistance in order to save time. And if you do get hurt, you will be charged with a preventable injury and possibly an Unsafe Act.

When we audit "150#" pkgs, they have weighed as much as 325#. Customers are just like Fred S...they lie.
I love REXing liars. I always go about 30lbs over. Its not like we have scales or anything.