Another Newbie Driver Helper question....

Brownnie

So, to be more precise, the end of October.

Yes it does sounds about right. I first applied online around this time, then two weeks passed for the interview and yet another two weeks for orientation. Finally, a couple more days for the first call.

One thing that I did noticed yesterday about the driver helper was that he seemed to be wearing the official uniform (we were told only a vest was going to be provided) so I'm unsure if he was a previous returning driver helper or what...
Also during the orientation, many were returning helpers from last year which seemed a little odd for them to go through it again but I guess it is the protocol. Some even seemed to already have appointed drivers.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
498F4524-8A2F-4BA9-8F17-39EFF3FE6002.gif
Why do you have so much free time?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No, no criminal background, no high maintenance employee, no hurting for monies, no drugs ("Winners Don't Use Drugs"),no smoke, available 24/7, zero, zip zilch, nada!

So, you got all that going on and your taking a $12 an hour temp job

Got to be more to this story

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not necessarily but if it happens, I welcome it with open arms. Also, I totally understand the whole concept of one must walk before flying.

I was just reading another thread and the OP wrote the following: "At the end of the day I feel a sense of accomplishment, a sense of being a hard worker for my money, and a sense of comradery."

I think something like this is what I'm after.

After slinging cardboard for 10 or 12 hours

Your reach a certain Zen like state only then can you get that warm and fuzzy feeling

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's probably what I'll do in the end, I hate bothering people. I'm assuming this is one of the high peak weeks when it comes to deliveries but I'm sure "Turdferguson" is right about the whole: "They are only allowed to use so many no matter how much work they have".

I want to see some action. I've even contemplating working there from free ,but that's totally ilegal :laughing:

What kinda “action” you looking for

Brownnie

So, you got all that going on and your taking a $12 an hour temp job

Got to be more to this story

Hmmm there is nothing else that I can think of other than my looks I guess (clean shaven, no tats/piercings, well dress). I hope the race card doesn't apply here. When the coordinator first called, the person had trouble pronouncing my name.

$12??? :speechless: which kingdom do you live in? :biggrin:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
No Saturdays in your center?

Not necessarily but if it happens, I welcome it with open arms. Also, I totally understand the whole concept of one must walk before flying.

I was just reading another thread and the OP wrote the following: "At the end of the day I feel a sense of accomplishment, a sense of being a hard worker for my money, and a sense of comradery."

I think something like this is what I'm after.

You need to get hooked up with @Future. He loves having a helper, comradeship, and..........Cats!