Another one for the Hall of Shame

TUT

No, it happens because they push employees beyond the bounds of what is reasonable.

Nope it happens because it's one of 15 million packages daily and 100,000's of possible people doing the wrong thing from time to time. I mark it up to human nature that no money or no rule can ever get rid of. UPS or Fedex no matter, that will happen from time to time.

TUT

I'm guessing that's one of the reasons why FedEx lost the Amazon account

It's not about that. It's about many things but damages between the two are nearly identical. Amazon can be an account that bounces back and forth every so often and is big enough no one carrier will ever get it all most likely. But the pie can vary from time to time. I think one advantage UPS does have with their Surepost offering that a company like Amazon can really like is UPS handles it all the way to the last local USPS post office. Fedex hands many packages off to the USPS well before that. The more it's out of USPS's hands the better imo. That is my first guess as to why a change, UPS could simply been overly aggressive for the business as well, Amazon is a bid deal. In my parts they are known to buy business is several ways. Which is fine to, that is big boy business. Amazon business isn't profitable business it's more to be looked at as covering overhead costs.

TUT

I've seen a lot of screwed-up Amazon flatscreens, and part of that is on Amazon because they just ship the box as it came from the factory. That's fine if it's bulk-loaded into a trailer with 1,000 more of them, but an outer box would be a lot smarter. I've also seen handlers toss them like they were pillows....not very smart.

Yep that is a mistake. Only smaller carriers (regional) that have specific promises with a shipper can deal with not re-boxing goods, this isn't palatalized LTL shipping. The big boys are global and the packages need to go through a standard process. Benefits and pitfalls to both regional and globals.

TUT

We all got a good laugh at that vid. this morning in the break room once it aired on Good Morning America.

To be honest that is the only way to reduce it (you can't get rid of it 100% and yes if I were the recipient I would still be pissed) but get it out there nationally. The driver will get the axe. Company will use it as an example. Drivers who care more and don't want to lose their job today, will take this to heart.

vantexan

To be honest that is the only way to reduce it (you can't get rid of it 100% and yes if I were the recipient I would still be pissed) but get it out there nationally. The driver will get the axe. Company will use it as an example. Drivers who care more and don't want to lose their job today, will take this to heart.

I heard that this courier is in the UK, which would explain his parking on that side of road. If so they're unionized. He might not get fired.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nope it happens because it's one of 15 million packages daily and 100,000's of possible people doing the wrong thing from time to time. I mark it up to human nature that no money or no rule can ever get rid of. UPS or Fedex no matter, that will happen from time to time.

You don't have a clue. You have no idea how FedEx Express conducts operations, which means you are speculating. We who actually work there know what goes on. This is not an isolated incident.

bbsam

Staff member
You don't have a clue. You have no idea how FedEx Express conducts operations, which means you are speculating. We who actually work there know what goes on. This is not an isolated incident.
Then we will see many more security videos, no?

whenIgetthere

I just love the fact that fred can't control what gets out into the 'new media' the way he does what gets into the old media! He must be banging his head off the wall! LOL How many times was that video mentioned to each and every one of us today? At least a dozen people mentioned it to me today, including a woman I was just passing walking to one of my stops at a strip mall.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I just love the fact that fred can't control what gets out into the 'new media' the way he does what gets into the old media! He must be banging his head off the wall! LOL How many times was that video mentioned to each and every one of us today? At least a dozen people mentioned it to me today, including a woman I was just passing walking to one of my stops at a strip mall.

Borg Central Command (BCC) is undoubtedly freaking right now.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I told all my customers that ever since that vid. we all have to hand the pkgs. to the customers.
I even wrote "S.W.A.K." on them so they knew it was Sealed With A Kiss. And, I told them, it was "kids gloves" all the way with this one.

TUT

But what if I do? That's what you don't know for sure. You're the one with the axe, I'm more even keeled imo on the subject of Fedex.

I'm all for the little guy at both UPS and Fedex, you just are filled with hatred and don't see why things are why they are. It is much bigger then Fedex or UPS. It is sad. There was a saying about when things get tough. I think that is where we are at as a nation.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But what if I do? That's what you don't know for sure. You're the one with the axe, I'm more even keeled imo on the subject of Fedex.

I'm all for the little guy at both UPS and Fedex, you just are filled with hatred and don't see why things are why they are. It is much bigger then Fedex or UPS. It is sad. There was a saying about when things get tough. I think that is where we are at as a nation.

Unless you work for either of these companies there is no way you understand the way things work and the games they play with employees. My hatred for FedEx stems from years of takeaways and watching my fellow workers get harassed and fired without just cause.

TUT

Unless you work for either of these companies there is no way you understand the way things work and the games they play with employees. My hatred for FedEx stems from years of takeaways and watching my fellow workers get harassed and fired without just cause.

I understand, it is tough out there right now in the corporate environment.

Express Courier

Well it seems most of the world has seen the video now. Today, I'd say I made face to face contact with about 50 of my 125 deliveries and about half of them mentioned the video and about half of that half actually tried to make some sort of "throw my package" joke. It got pretty annoying actually.

franknitty

i said this when i first saw the video as well. the guy tossed the package over the fence like he was shooting a free throw. The package didn't seem to have much weight.