Another package car goes up in flames

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
What's really funny is it looks like they are repairing it? Go ahead and finish the day.

Yeah I sat on the side of the expressway during rush hour. Mechanics came out, repaired truck on the shoulder and I used it the rest of the day. This PC won't die, still in service today!

Did the seat need to be changed as well?

No seat change was needed. I didn't realize the gravity of the event until I had pulled over.

bbsam

Staff member
So, with a vehicle fire, I would look first at engine, electrical, or possibly transmission fluid catching fire.

Anyone have any idea what happened to engulf the entire cab and cargo area like that?

BiggieBrown

So, with a vehicle fire, I would look first at engine, electrical, or possibly transmission fluid catching fire.

Anyone have any idea what happened to engulf the entire cab and cargo area like that?

It's hard to say but one thing I know for sure is that it's somehow the preloader's fault.

bbsam

Staff member
It's hard to say but one thing I know for sure is that it's somehow the preloader's fault.
I don’t think it really is hard to say. You’re right though. Preloaded probably misloaded a “Dangerous When Wet” package on a shelf under a leaking Omaha Steaks package.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I did once have a 24footer catch fire in the box. Some chemical reaction with the load of medical supplies it was carrying. The whole box body had to be replaced.