Another question?

beach2626

I also started to receive on my check 2 weeks ago other hours, is that a good sign that I'm getting into the union? Any feedback would be helpful.

beach2626

sorry about that. On the bottom of my pay check where it lists your holiday, vacation and other hours. I noticted that i starting accruing other hours.

trickpony1

My guess is the "other hours" that you refer to don't have anything to do with union membership.
If your paycheck stub is like mine, it should show all your itemized payroll deductions.
If/when you are a union member you will notice an itemized deduction refered to as "dues" or "union dues".
Once again, you really should ask your union business agent these questions as management has a distain for the union and might "accidentally" mislead you.
Unless you are the only employee in your building/center, there should be other employees, and maybe even a union steward, that you could ask.
Good luck.

beach2626

Thank you for your help. One more thing is there a certain time that new hires have to get into the union? If you go over the 60 days afer christmas do you have to start all over again>? When we were in training class back in september they said that by jan/feb you will make your book and get into the union.

UPSBOI

You don't want to know!
I don't know anything about the "60 days" you keep referring to but, once you make your 30 days you are officially an employee of UPS and are eligible for Union representation and membership (which I highly recommend). Probably what you are thinking or confused about is it takes an additional 60 days for you to qualify for health benefits. (Anyone if this is wrong please let him know)

L

luis gonzalez

im recieving direct deposit but im not recieving any paystubs is there a way i can go online to find it

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
I don't know anything about the "60 days" you keep referring to but, once you make your 30 days you are officially an employee of UPS and are eligible for Union representation and membership (which I highly recommend). Probably what you are thinking or confused about is it takes an additional 60 days for you to qualify for health benefits. (Anyone if this is wrong please let him know)

I think its 3 months to make book now might be wrong

tourists24

beach,,,, have you filled out a union card yet? You should have either received one to fill out either at orientation, or a steward or business agent from the union should have gotten one for you to sign. If not, then you need to contact your local union office to find out how to get one. Now this is if you work in a right to work state; not sure about others.

O

oh my do we check dates

Does anyone check dates on forums..This was from 2006,over two years old..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

OK--suppose you were hired after 2/21/06 and had the same concern as the original poster. By your reasoning, since the question was already answered once, we should never address this issue again.

I will admit that it can be frustrating when members dig up old threads rather than simply use the search function but if only one member finds the information that he was looking for then the purpose of this forum (or one of them) has been met.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
What training class was he talking about? I drove on and off since day 22 and made full time driver at 3 years. I never went to a training class.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Like I said, "What training class?". I never went to a driver training class, although, they now send new drivers down to the Miami for a week for driver training. I've been a full time driver for 9 1/2 years, btw.

atatbl

Shut up site scab. You are anonymous, so I don't feel any regret in saying you are too stupid to understand what happened here. Let me explain it.

luis gonzalez REGISTERED on this site to post this:

im recieving direct deposit but im not recieving any paystubs is there a way i can go online to find it

In a two year old thread. Now why would he do this? Keep in mind, he has already done more than you to support this site, simply by registering. He did this because he knows that forums appreciate users using the search function. His question does not match the exact thread topic, but that point is moot.

The same people that gripe about not using the search function, probably got angry a user topped a two year old thread. :happy-very: Oh, the irony/idiocy.

To get back to the POINT of this being topped: Luis, you most likely signed up for a "paperless" option. Meaning they will not give you a physical paystub. You can, however, print one out on UPSers.com. I hope you have access to the site by now. If not, ask your supervisor to show you how to log on. If you have been there for more than a week, you probably have the important info (i.e. employee ID number) that you need to get on there. The password default changes from time to time, but people in your center will know what combination of your personal info it is for a new user to log on.

drewed

Shankman

its dependent on the local supplement

up here its 70 working days to get seniority and representation, and youd get .50 cent raise then and at 90 youd get bennies

now its still 70 days, but youll be waiting 12 months for bennies