Another situation at UPS

dudebro

Our facility doesn't have a guard shack. Besides, camera footage is only useful after the fact.
Have you seen most camera footage? "See, this dark shape right here seems to point at another dark shape over there, and that dark shape seems to sit down..."

backitup

Yeah, how could that possibly take a bad turn?
There are people out there who take dozens of hours of training, and pay ridiculous fees to state agencies just to be able to legally carry and exercise their constitutional right. Those people aren't the problem. But they could be and sometimes are the solution. Not to say police and security aren't important but they cant be everywhere at once.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Saw the story on ABC news tonight, it looked like the sign said UPS mail innovations. Whatever that is.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
There are people out there who take dozens of hours of training, and pay ridiculous fees to state agencies just to be able to legally carry and exercise their constitutional right. Those people aren't the problem. But they could be and sometimes are the solution. Not to say police and security aren't important but they cant be everywhere at once.
Dozens of hours of training, and paying fees does not prevent them from losing their cool. Have you worked at UPS long? One of the most bat-s##t crazy guys in my building had a concealed carry license. I don't give a flying-friend about the constitutional right to carry. I just wouldn't want my workplace to be the old west.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We don't fix problems at UPS....we treat symptoms.

upload_2019-1-15_7-59-7.png

FEGuy

Here’s what I want to know. I’m a feeder driver in this area. I never even knew this building existed. What is it? A processing center? Are these UPS employees? Union?

There are two UPS Supply Chain Solutions buildings in that immediate area. The UPS Mail Innovations building is located at 7 Gateway Blvd., Pedricktown. The other, which operates a large pharmaceutical operation for Merck is at 1130 Commerce Blvd, Swedesboro.
Drive on by sometime. They aren't a secret. Big ole UPS shield mounted for all to see.

Yes, they are UPS employees. No, they are not union. None of them.

Supply Chain Solutions is a big part of UPS these days. Adds a couple billion to the bottom line every year. Part of the big push after the 97 strike when management knew that they would have to add "non-Teamster impact revenue." And they did. There are hundreds of SCS facilities worldwide. They exist. Just because you don't know of them or have never even heard of them, they exist and are productive.

Dr.Brownz

Have you seen most camera footage? "See, this dark shape right here seems to point at another dark shape over there, and that dark shape seems to sit down..."

Yeah I'd imagine the cheap ass's that run UPS would use something like that while putting out public statements about their state of the art security