Anthony Case

Babagounj

Strength through joy
she may be released for time served, but she will have no place to live,nor any police protection.
Looks like her lawyers will have to put up with her for a little longer, she'll probably have to move in with them.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The sad thing about this case is that Casey Anthony will have gotten away with murder. This case required the jury to connect the dots of circumstantial evidence and there never was going to be concrete proof that she did it. This wasnt a TV show, this wasnt a slam dunk case where every piece of evidence conclusively proved that Casey Anthony did it.

Look at the Scott Peterson trial. They had HALF of the evidence that they had with Casey Anthony and he is sitting on death row here in california. In this case, the jury was able to connect the dots "circumstantially" as to Petersons guilt. They had no murder weapon, no cause of death, no witnesses, no dna and most importantly NO BODY.

It was his actions, lies and circumstances that connected him to the death of his wife, who while at trial, he proclaimed his innocence. His wifes body was dumped into the san francisco bay and it eventually floated up and washed ashore along with her unborn baby.

The only thing that connected him to the crime was his deceptive behavior. An affair, trips to the beach, fresh cement around the garage, cement remnants in his fishing boat. The jury was able to see a pattern of guilt and on that alone, they concluded that it was Scott Peterson who last saw his wife and was responsible for her to be missing and presumed dead.

This jury failed to do the same. Circumstantially, all the arrows still point to casey. No matter what piece of evidence you look at, the arrows point to casey. The most important fact of the case ( the 31 days ) was discounted by this jury as "normal" and this is where they went wrong.

Secondly, the jury discounted her "lies" to the police, her family and to the court. An innocent person does not "incriminate" herself to the police if she is innocent. If you are innocent and clear of any wrongdoing, then you surely dont lie to the police.

There was no reason to lie to the police other than to conceal the guilt and cupability of the crime. Thirdly, the basic facts of the case when considered "individually" conclude that casey anthony was responsible.

Lets look at three pieces of evidence.

1) the collapsable laundry bag that the baby was thrown into the swamp was one of two pieces that were sold in a SET, one was cylindrical and the other was rectangular. The matching rectangular bag was found in casey anthonys bedroom and the matching cylindrical bag was found in the swamp. (casey had access to both)

2) the winnie the pooh blanket that the baby was found to have been wrapped in is a match to the bedding, sheets, pillow cases, bumpers of calee anthonys bed and the only thing missing is the blanket. (casey had access to all)

3) the shirt that calee anthony was wearing upon her tragic death was a shirt that was kept in casey anthonys car in a backpack and never was in the home. (casey anthony solely had access to this)

These three items all pointed at casey anthony and should have warranted a discussion.

This jury simply bought into the nonsense that was the defense of the case which was to confuse the issues with nonsense about molestation, affairs and a possible drowning that both casey and her father turned into a staged murder scene.

These things simply do not stand to reason, but they did in the minds of this jury. At the end of the day, we accept this verdict and move on with life. In a jailhouse letter, Casey Anthony writes that if she is released, she is determined to get pregnant and have another baby as soon as possible.

This I find disgusting.

Peace.

The sad thing about this case is that Casey Anthony will have gotten away with murder. This case required the jury to connect the dots of circumstantial evidence and there never was going to be concrete proof that she did it. This wasnt a TV show, this wasnt a slam dunk case where every piece of evidence conclusively proved that Casey Anthony did it.

Look at the Scott Peterson trial. They had HALF of the evidence that they had with Casey Anthony and he is sitting on death row here in california. In this case, the jury was able to connect the dots "circumstantially" as to Petersons guilt. They had no murder weapon, no cause of death, no witnesses, no dna and most importantly NO BODY.

It was his actions, lies and circumstances that connected him to the death of his wife, who while at trial, he proclaimed his innocence. His wifes body was dumped into the san francisco bay and it eventually floated up and washed ashore along with her unborn baby.

The only thing that connected him to the crime was his deceptive behavior. An affair, trips to the beach, fresh cement around the garage, cement remnants in his fishing boat. The jury was able to see a pattern of guilt and on that alone, they concluded that it was Scott Peterson who last saw his wife and was responsible for her to be missing and presumed dead.

This jury failed to do the same. Circumstantially, all the arrows still point to casey. No matter what piece of evidence you look at, the arrows point to casey. The most important fact of the case ( the 31 days ) was discounted by this jury as "normal" and this is where they went wrong.

Secondly, the jury discounted her "lies" to the police, her family and to the court. An innocent person does not "incriminate" herself to the police if she is innocent. If you are innocent and clear of any wrongdoing, then you surely dont lie to the police.

There was no reason to lie to the police other than to conceal the guilt and cupability of the crime. Thirdly, the basic facts of the case when considered "individually" conclude that casey anthony was responsible.

Lets look at three pieces of evidence.

1) the collapsable laundry bag that the baby was thrown into the swamp was one of two pieces that were sold in a SET, one was cylindrical and the other was rectangular. The matching rectangular bag was found in casey anthonys bedroom and the matching cylindrical bag was found in the swamp. (casey had access to both)

2) the winnie the pooh blanket that the baby was found to have been wrapped in is a match to the bedding, sheets, pillow cases, bumpers of calee anthonys bed and the only thing missing is the blanket. (casey had access to all)

3) the shirt that calee anthony was wearing upon her tragic death was a shirt that was kept in casey anthonys car in a backpack and never was in the home. (casey anthony solely had access to this)

These three items all pointed at casey anthony and should have warranted a discussion.

This jury simply bought into the nonsense that was the defense of the case which was to confuse the issues with nonsense about molestation, affairs and a possible drowning that both casey and her father turned into a staged murder scene.

These things simply do not stand to reason, but they did in the minds of this jury. At the end of the day, we accept this verdict and move on with life. In a jailhouse letter, Casey Anthony writes that if she is released, she is determined to get pregnant and have another baby as soon as possible.

This I find disgusting.

Peace.

I agree 100%

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Casey Anthony has officially been sued by ZENIADA GONZALEZ for defamation. She recieved her summons for deposition last night while in jail. He WILL have to testify in this case and cannot avoid it under law.

This case will will ultimately cost Casey Anthony MILLIONS of dollars for defamation. Any proceeds from book deals or appearances will be taken when Casey loses this case.

Bravo ZENAIDA.

Peace.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Casey Anthony has officially been sued by ZENIADA GONZALEZ for defamation. She recieved her summons for deposition last night while in jail. He WILL have to testify in this case and cannot avoid it under law.

This case will will ultimately cost Casey Anthony MILLIONS of dollars for defamation. Any proceeds from book deals or appearances will be taken when Casey loses this case.

Bravo ZENAIDA.

Peace.
good, but seriously who will read her trashy book. I still want to run into her at a nightclub. I wont leave any evidence I PROMISE!

wkmac

I agree with you in part. True if the prosecution had waited a bit, observed a little longer they may have gotten something more damning than the circumstantial evidence they ran with. No doubt they proceeded because of public outrage. It is a fact that Casey didn't conduct herself like a "normal" parent but that alone doesn't mean guilty. She's obviously a serial liar, that alone doesn't make her a murderer. One thing I can't get past is that there is no one else that it could logically be. There was no babysitter, no kidnapper of any other possible person known to have been seen with the child other than casey. Every excuse given by casey has been proven to be a lie. Forensics were worthless due to the time span and deterioration. Not sure what you are calling shoddy legal work by the prosecution, but there was sure some shoddy investigation work. The failure of the sheriff's office to investigate the first report of Kronk's could well be the deal breaker here. What could they have learned from the body if they had recovered it those five months earlier? I heard yesterday the officer that went out to the site and didn't follow through has been fired. Escape goat? Maybe, but the fact is he never went to where Kronk was pointing him to look. I do think casey has gotten away with murder.

When I used the term prosecution, that was also meant to include the cops, sorry for the lack of clarification. And the prosecutors office does have it's own investigative staff that goes over the evidence as well. My neighbor is a homicide detective and over the weekend he kept saying she was going to get off and like yourself, most everyone thought she was the most logical choice. I can't say I really kept up with the case in detail but just hearing other folk talk about it, I thought she'd get convicted as well. But I also sensed people were acting off raw emotion more than anything else because they saw a dead child and someone's got to pay.

As to her walking away from this? I disagree. She's a pariah now. She was found "not guilty" of the evidence and not innocent because it was determined the killer was someone else and we should remember that. The killer still has not been found and proven which I said in my previous post.

Her family is likely (I think they have) to disown her and I can't see many friends sticking by her either. She may not be in the prison everyone wanted to see her in but her life will be a prison from here on out. My guess is her life will spiral downward into deeper depths, maybe drugs and alcohol to kill the reality of it all and then at some point she may just end it. The public may not have got it's blood lust filled but justice in the end may still be served and vastly cheaper to the taxpayers along with the metal torture of it all that would be illegal for the state prison to apply. Karma always balances in life IMO.

No, regardless of the fact that she walked out of a death sentence doesn't mean she didn't walk right into one!

And I wonder having such a weak case going for the death penalty if that played with the jury and against the state. Had they gone after life or some lesser sentence, would the jury have been more swayed to take a chance and convict? Death penalty if it's going to be used should only come into play if there is a valid confession or eye witnesses. Way to many circumstantial evidence cases being overturned by groups like the Innocence Project and DNA evidence.

This may not be what a lot of people want to hear and I understand that, but he has a point IMO.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
While unpleasant as it is, watching all the testimony via http://www.myfoxorlando.com/subindex/news/anthony_case , I gave the weight of all the evidence presented its due. No matter how you spell it out, the evidence presented does not EXCLUDE casey anthony, it includes her more than anyone else on the face of the earth.

Ok, not that I want to start a huge debate over evidence or anything, but lets take the parents, both of them were impeached by evidence and witnesses, so throw both of their contributions out, HOW DOES THAT MAKE CASEY INNOCENT?

The defense ADMITTED from the jump, that they were going to PROVE that the little girl drowned in an accident at the grandparents home, and that a conspiracy between casey and her father existed. This is an ADMISSION of guilt. YOU dont need to ASSUME anything. They layed out the truth for you, the mother was a part of a death ( whether accidental or not) and this EXCLUDES a kidnapper, her mother, Roy Kronk and anyone else you can name.

The question then becomes, how did she drown? Who was watching her at the time? Who designed the cover up (dad or casey)? Who prepared the body? Who dumped the body? Jose Baez himself limited the suspects to either Casey or George, but George wasnt on trial.

Jose Baez did put George on trial with the introduction of the affair. This affair, while worthless did prove the dad was a cheater and a liar, but that only goes to impeachment so throw dads whole testimony out the window. How does this establish he had anything to do with the death of the granddaughter?

The defense threw all the wet spaghetti against the wall and some stuck. It confused the jury and they lost sight of what they were suppose to be paying attention to.

Just like the OJ trial when friend/LEE Bailey cross examined Mark Furmann and introduced an old conversation at a marine corps center where Bailey accused Mark Furmann of using the N-WORD. This had nothing to do with OJ, but it confused the jury and brought out individual prejudices. It ultimately played a big part in the aquittal.

Jose did the same. If you look at each piece of evidence, and give each piece the weight it deserves, everything will point at Casey.

I listened to an attorney today who told me that if you changed one aspect of this case, and you applied everything Casey Said, Did and Acted, you would have gotten a conviction. Whats that change?

Make her a 22 year old black girl. Every lie, every action, her lifestyle, not knowing who the baby daddy is and her 3 years of unemployment would have been magnified if she was a woman of color. Being a pretty, white, upper middle class woman made a huge difference in this case. I tend to agree with this opinion, and thats a sad statement of todays societal belief system.

Peace.

I agree again. but not 100% this time. Mind you, I can only go by what I saw/heard presented during the trial. Since I'm home most of the day I did (at least) listen to most of the evidence presentations and caught recaps of testimony.

While unpleasant as it is, watching all the testimony via http://www.myfoxorlando.com/subindex/news/anthony_case , I gave the weight of all the evidence presented its due. No matter how you spell it out, the evidence presented does not EXCLUDE casey anthony, it includes her more than anyone else on the face of the earth.

Ok, not that I want to start a huge debate over evidence or anything, but lets take the parents, both of them were impeached by evidence and witnesses, so throw both of their contributions out, HOW DOES THAT MAKE CASEY INNOCENT?

The defense ADMITTED from the jump, that they were going to PROVE that the little girl drowned in an accident at the grandparents home, and that a conspiracy between casey and her father existed. This is an ADMISSION of guilt. YOU dont need to ASSUME anything. They layed out the truth for you, the mother was a part of a death ( whether accidental or not) and this EXCLUDES a kidnapper, her mother, Roy Kronk and anyone else you can name.

The question then becomes, how did she drown? Who was watching her at the time? Who designed the cover up (dad or casey)? Who prepared the body? Who dumped the body? Jose Baez himself limited the suspects to either Casey or George, but George wasnt on trial.
While this is a plausible scenario, nothing was ever introduced into evidence or testimony. It was only used in opening/closing comments and are not to be considered in the verdict. Although I suspect that it was taken into account.

Jose Baez did put George on trial with the introduction of the affair. This affair, while worthless did prove the dad was a cheater and a liar, but that only goes to impeachment so throw dads whole testimony out the window. How does this establish he had anything to do with the death of the granddaughter?
This too should be irrelevant to any part if the trial. There was actually no proof that George had the affair. He said/she said. Even if he did, it was miniscule compared to the pack of lies casey told from start to finish. This was nothing more than an attempt to draw attention away from casey and establish "reasonable doubt"

The defense threw all the wet spaghetti against the wall and some stuck. It confused the jury and they lost sight of what they were suppose to be paying attention to.

Just like the OJ trial when friend/LEE Bailey cross examined Mark Furmann and introduced an old conversation at a marine corps center where Bailey accused Mark Furmann of using the N-WORD. This had nothing to do with OJ, but it confused the jury and brought out individual prejudices. It ultimately played a big part in the aquittal.

Jose did the same. If you look at each piece of evidence, and give each piece the weight it deserves, everything will point at Casey.

I listened to an attorney today who told me that if you changed one aspect of this case, and you applied everything Casey Said, Did and Acted, you would have gotten a conviction. Whats that change?

Make her a 22 year old black girl. Every lie, every action, her lifestyle, not knowing who the baby daddy is and her 3 years of unemployment would have been magnified if she was a woman of color. Being a pretty, white, upper middle class woman made a huge difference in this case. I tend to agree with this opinion, and thats a sad statement of todays societal belief system.
For me, the race of the suspect is irrelevant except that if it had been a woman of color you and I probably would have never heard about the case.

Peace.
When the judge was giving the jury instructions, he went into great detail of the charges and definition of "reasonable doubt". If the evidence proves guilt except you have a doubt in your mind, the doubt has to be reasonable NOT a shadow, not a whimsical but a reasonable doubt, one can acquit. He was giving the jury a chance to go with a conviction even though there was only circumstantial evidence. That's how I took it anyway.

bbsam

Staff member
I've paid little attention to this case, but in speaking of the verdict with about five different individuals at five different times, TOS's point seems agreed on over and over. Each time I suggested that if Casey Anthony was the name of a 250lb. black man (not at all impossible) this case ends 20 years from now with a needle in the arm.

wkmac

I've paid little attention to this case, but in speaking of the verdict with about five different individuals at five different times, TOS's point seems agreed on over and over. Each time I suggested that if Casey Anthony was the name of a 250lb. black man (not at all impossible) this case ends 20 years from now with a needle in the arm.

I wouldn't disagree with that either. (If Casey were a 250 lb. black man)

I would like to further clarify and amend my point that there were no winners in this case. I was wrong!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

According to the Today show the state of Florida is planning on taxing any profits Casey Anthony makes as a result of the case. She said the first thing she wants to do is dye her hair either red or blonde, sit on the couch and watch "Dumb and Dumber".

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

I would like to further clarify and amend my point that there were no winners in this case. I was wrong!

In a rational world that woman would have zero credibility and be rightly ignored. But since we don't live in a rational world her star will only burn brighter.

Sorry, but I have a hard time believing anyone would watch Nancy Grace to start with. I saw her on the news one night several years ago, and that's all I'll ever need to see of her.

menotyou

bella amicizia

Peace.

Having spent my entire summer in front of the T.V. that year( was bartending at the time), friend. Lee didn't matter in so far as the verdict. The most riveting moment in that trial was 'The Glove' moment. "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit."

As far as Casey is concerned, she is guilty. As was O.J. But, the prosecution's job is to PROVE she murdered her child. They didn't prove it. We all know it, but that is different. We all know O.J. murdered his ex-wife and Ron Goldman. The prosecution didn't prove it, though.

If she were any other color, the outcome would have been different. Sad. I still don't believe the prosecution proved their case, though.

wkmac

And don't rule out the possibility that she catches a shank serving out that time. People who mess with kids tend to not fair to well in the general population of American prisons.

I'm just sayin'