Any Baseball fans on here?

542thruNthru

Yeah, I don't see how any player wouldn't react the way he did. That's a tough spot for fans sitting down the lines. You just never know when something like that is going to happen. And it doesn't happen like THAT very often. I'm sure baseball, just like any other sport today, would cave if the heat got hot enough. I was in a bad spot at a Triple A game when I was about 10 years old and a fould came SCREAMING down the 3rd base line right towards me. Instinctively I threw my hand up. My hand hurt for weeks. I can only imagine what that child feels like. How is her condition?

From what I've heard she is doing good and expecting to make a full recovery.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I thought I'd post this to see what people think of the whole situation.

I posted the broadcast video because I didn't want to post a news report that gives their Twitter fueled opinion.

Me personally I have great respect for a player that reacts the way almora did. Too many players out there these days that could give a S* about fans.

The netting issue I don't know if I can agree with it. Especially the people saying it should surround the whole field. I'm sure MLB will fold to the bullying of the public though.
No netting and I thought his reaction was pretty dramatic. I mean he didn’t mean to hit them. I can tell you i would have been pretty blah.

floridays

Under the new rules, Molina is correct. Let a catcher block the plate as it has been for over a century, Que sera sera if it's like that.
The prick Marisnick never gets off my radar for my entire career if I played the game, look out buddy.
Greatest collision you can remember, Pete Rose- Ray Fosse for all practical purposes ended the career of an AL All-Star, it was a legal collision though, que sera sera, this was bs.
If I was still a middle infielder, watch between your eyes Marisnick, I don't forget, you better stay down if I'm turning two.
You have got to play inside the rules, no more no less, I'll give up a run to equal things.
Do it to my teammate Brownslave, you'll pay sometime in your career if the opportunity presents itself to me to rectify. That is how the game is played.
As you said STFU.

Brownslave688

Under the new rules, Molina is correct. Let a catcher block the plate as it has been for over a century, Que sera sera if it's like that.
The prick Marisnick never gets off my radar for my entire career if I played the game, look out buddy.
Greatest collision you can remember, Pete Rose- Ray Fosse for all practical purposes ended the career of an AL All-Star, it was a legal collision though, que sera sera, this was bs.
If I was still a middle infielder, watch between your eyes Marisnick, I don't forget, you better stay down if I'm turning two.
You have got to play inside the rules, no more no less, I'll give up a run to equal things.
Do it to my teammate Brownslave, you'll pay sometime in your career if the opportunity presents itself to me to rectify. That is how the game is played.
As you said STFU.
No Molina is wrong (and I was a catcher for a dozen years) there was zero intent on that play.

If you watch the catchers left knee starts to collapse towards the 3rd base line. It looks for a split second that the play going outside of the line and to the back of home plate. Remember a split second is all these guys have to make a read sometimes. Marsinick reads it this way and makes his move to dive inside the line to the front of the plate. At this exact moment The throw brings Lucroy up the line and to the inside of the line. The play was simply misfortune.

I get that they are trying to eliminate collisions at home. I don’t have to agree with it but I understand the rule and I get why. The problem is Molina was a bottle and a half of Johnny Walker in and decided he could read the intent of Marsinick. It was an unfortunate play they happen sometimes no matter what the rules are. The fact is (on more than one occasion) Molina has proven to be a whiny little bitch with a big mouth.

floridays

No Molina is wrong (and I was a catcher for a dozen years) there was zero intent on that play.

If you watch the catchers left knee starts to collapse towards the 3rd base line. It looks for a split second that the play going outside of the line and to the back of home plate. Remember a split second is all these guys have to make a read sometimes. Marsinick reads it this way and makes his move to dive inside the line to the front of the plate. At this exact moment The throw brings Lucroy up the line and to the inside of the line. The play was simply misfortune.

I get that they are trying to eliminate collisions at home. I don’t have to agree with it but I understand the rule and I get why. The problem is Molina was a bottle and a half of Johnny Walker in and decided he could read the intent of Marsinick. It was an unfortunate play they happen sometimes no matter what the rules are. The fact is (on more than one occasion) Molina has proven to be a whiny little bitch with a big mouth.
I hook slide, outside of the foul line, I played the game as well, it was intentional. If I don't hook, the plate is my destination regardless of where the catcher is, the catcher was not blocking the plate, I don't seek him out as a base runner.
I've read every excuse from clowns that never played,
Fact
a catcher cannot block the plate, per the rules, can we agree?
Fact
Lucroy did not block, access to the plate, he was inside the baseline regardless of any movement he made, can we agree?.. there is video

This may be objected to, but I think video clearly shows a foot plant and the associated body movement inside the baseline into the infield portion of the diamond, your's to agree or disagree with my assessment, watch the video.

I know what I saw, that is all that matters to me, period, the clown better hope he's my teammate in the future, if not he better get down on a double play ball, god forbid if he attempts to steal, spikes have a purpose when there's traffic at second base. Say what you will, I said how I would deal with an opportunity that presented itself.
First chance I have the clown has a new Rawlings tattoo. I roll like that.

I don't give a rats rear end what any ball player drinks, it don't hurt his case, beer was invented for baseball and baseball players, even Johnny Walker, they can afford it these days.
Sign me up as a whiny bitch, you better get yurass down if you wander into my territory though.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

I hook slide, outside of the foul line, I played the game as well, it was intentional. If I don't hook, the plate is my destination regardless of where the catcher is, the catcher was not blocking the plate, I don't seek him out as a base runner.
I've read every excuse from clowns that never played,
Fact
a catcher cannot block the plate, per the rules, can we agree?
Fact
Lucroy did not block, access to the plate, he was inside the baseline regardless of any movement he made, can we agree?.. there is video

This may be objected to, but I think video clearly shows a foot plant and the associated body movement inside the baseline into the infield portion of the diamond, your's to agree or disagree with my assessment, watch the video.

I know what I saw, that is all that matters to me, period, the clown better hope he's my teammate in the future, if not he better get down on a double play ball, god forbid if he attempts to steal, spikes have a purpose when there's traffic at second base. Say what you will, I said how I would deal with an opportunity that presented itself.
First chance I have the clown has a new Rawlings tattoo. I roll like that.

I don't give a rats rear end what any ball player drinks, it don't hurt his case, beer was invented for baseball and baseball players, even Johnny Walker, they can afford it these days.
Sign me up as a whiny bitch, you better get yurass down if you wander into my territory though.

I know what I saw too the first time I watched the play. At full speed not slow mo. Slow mo gives a false sense of how much time the players have to react. I saw exactly what Marsinick said happened the next day. He simply read the play wrong. It’s unfortunate but it happens.

And that’s why it’s dumb to get all worked up over it. Two people can see two totally different things even in the same situation and absolutely no one outside of Marsinick has any idea what his intent was.

floridays

I know what I saw too the first time I watched the play. At full speed not slow mo. Slow mo gives a false sense of how much time the players have to react. I saw exactly what Marsinick said happened the next day. He simply read the play wrong. It’s unfortunate but it happens.

And that’s why it’s dumb to get all worked up over it. Two people can see two totally different things even in the same situation and absolutely no one outside of Marsinick has any idea what his intent was.
I agree with some of what you say, however, unless I'm looking for a collision, I avoid the one attempting to tag me out, my target is homeplate and the least restricted avenue to get there, the catcher has got to do what he has to do, I have to score. If the catcher is not blocking the plate, I'm not gonna hit him, If he does wander, oh well, someone may get bruised. That is how it was when I played, and there were bruises occasionally, not frequently, a catcher could deny with his body the sole reason I was on the field, to score.
Different day, different rules, Lucroy wasn't blocking the plate and the throw didn't come from foul ground in leftfield or from a peanut vendor behind third base. We'll disagree, that's one thing that is great about the game. I did state how I would address it if I was on the field it may not happen till next season, it will happen with opportunity. Better get yerass down around my bag.
That's one of the things that makes baseball cool, take care.:thumbup1:

'(Expletive) play!' Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina rips play that injured Jonathan Lucroy

stop the video at two seconds, it's clear. I have no idea who taught you how to play the game, but I was taught to avoid the tag. No excuse, first time I saw it like this, absolutely no excuse, none.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

I agree with some of what you say, however, unless I'm looking for a collision, I avoid the one attempting to tag me out, my target is homeplate and the least restricted avenue to get there, the catcher has got to do what he has to do, I have to score. If the catcher is not blocking the plate, I'm not gonna hit him, If he does wander, oh well, someone may get bruised. That is how it was when I played, and there were bruises occasionally, not frequently, a catcher could deny with his body the sole reason I was on the field, to score.
Different day, different rules, Lucroy wasn't blocking the plate and the throw didn't come from foul ground in leftfield or from a peanut vendor behind third base. We'll disagree, that's one thing that is great about the game. I did state how I would address it if I was on the field it may not happen till next season, it will happen with opportunity. Better get yerass down around my bag.
That's one of the things that makes baseball cool, take care.:thumbup1:

'(Expletive) play!' Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina rips play that injured Jonathan Lucroy

stop the video at two seconds, it's clear. I have no idea who taught you how to play the game, but I was taught to avoid the tag. No excuse, first time I saw it like this, absolutely no excuse, none.
I’ve seen the play 100 times. I stick by my feelings. He thought the play was going to the back of the plate so he planted and went to the front. This was the wrong decision and he’s admitted it was but it’s like a linebacker trying to read a running back. You’ve got the snap of a finger to read it and if you’re wrong you look a fool sometimes. I also think it was kind of an awkward collision which leads me to believe he didn’t think there was going to be a collision until the last second.

It is kind of amazing how so many people can see things so differently in the same play. Last week Jose Martinez for the cardinals threw out a runner at home. A large percentage of people were praising him for the throw because he normally gets ragged on for defense. But some people saw a pretty bad throw with an amazing tag by the catcher. Cardinals Best News Links: Video: Jose Martinez Throws Out A Runner At Home 7-22-19

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My family have and still do wear the tools of ignorance. Pop was a good catcher(had a minor league contract) .I was a not so good catcher, my daughter caught at a high level, and now my grand son catches. I still remember getting run over in little league by a kid name Rip. I got the worst of it. My daughter got run over on a force play at a U18 ASA tournament in Boston she got up a clocked the other player in the face. She was tossed. Gosh I am proud of her. It was part of the game. Home plate as a catcher was yours and you blocked the plate. I believe the rule changes are good for everyone to avoid injuries to the kids first and foremost and for the pros who have a lot to loose in dollars.