Any musicians on browncafe?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I paid upright bass as a kid and just happened to pick up an electric bass a month or so and am going to try and reteach myself how to play. Been a long time.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
I've played guitar for 20 years off and on. Played in a few bands nothing serious.

Got a banjo that I'm trying to figure out, any free time I have for music is consumed by that now.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Rock on, baby! I started teaching myself guitar about six years ago. Did some gigs with a band for a little while. Don't have time for anything like that now with this job but I still I have handful of guitars in my collection that I play for my own enjoyment.

I can still play, numerous instruments. Was last seen on bass. Honestly, the UPS life has taken 100% of my time leaving music to hide away for a while.

Yes, I took all the required theory and aural skills classes in college.
Didn't happen to go to Berklee in Boston, did you, Toc?

Do you still play? Anything in theory?
IMG_0566.JPG

This is a great book to get started in theory, Matty

haller

I'm a classical singer. I wish i could play guitar (gave up because of my fat fingers), piano, violin and cello. I also enjoy listening to a well played accordian!

Last edited:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I've played acoustic 6/12 string and electric guitar for about 40 years. Was in a few bands with friends, but UPS took away the necessary time to play in clubs etc. Some bass as well.

I can plink around on piano and synth to find chords by ear. Started that about 30 years ago.

I always thought I'd collect older Strats, Teles and Les Pauls, but the wife gets crazy with the half dozen or so I have stashed in different rooms of the house now.

I bought a lovely Yamaha 12 string with money from my final career grievances. It was a sweet way to celebrate retiring.