Any musicians on browncafe?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
IMG_1029.JPG

@sailfish, I just picked this up yesterday.

wkmac

I agree. I got two Les Pauls so I've thought about just having the Ibanez restrung and set up for Drop B but I definitely still got a seven string on my to-do list. Proper drop A just sounds nasty (in a good way).

That's the route to take (multi guitars). My daughter who is the guitarist in the family now has 8 guitars which are Les Paul Standard, 4 ESP one being an M-1000 and her latest addition from about a month ago is a Gretsch White Penguin that sounds incredible. The sustain is just unreal.

The 7 string is also a great option as my daughter considered that at one time (a John Petrucci/Brian Haner Jr. aka Syn Gates phase) plus she was friends with 7 string guitarist Toshi Iseda but decided to stick with 6 when all said and done. She does a lot of live performances so having multiple tuned axes handy just makes better sense for her as she can grab and go. Her main guitars are the Les Paul Standard, ESP Gold Top and M-1000 and the Gretsch White Penguin. She likes the Les Paul and Gretsch for jazz and clean sounds and the 2 ESP guitars as well as the Les Paul for more Rock and heavy distortion sounds. Her ESP guitars all have locked tuning so quick retuning/detuning on the fly becomes about impossible but they do stay in tune and with the Floyd Rose (M-1000 & M-200) makes a huge difference.

She also bought an ESP M-200 that she completely gutted keeping only the neck, body and Floyd Rose. She got custom built electronics to put back into the guitar with Seymour Duncan humbucker at the bridge, cool rail single coil for the middle and a sustainiac for the neck pickup. She got to play Phil Collen's (Def Leppard guitarist) sustainiac guitar and had to have one but wanted a custom built instead of off the shelf. Besides, Collen's guitar was a Jackson and she didn't like the action of the Jackson guitar. The motiff on the guitar (M-200) is Skull and Roses from a design on a pair of spandex pants worn by George Lynch so we jokingly call it the "underwear guitar." She rarely plays it now but when she wants infinite sustain, out it comes. Amps are a Marshall 1980's 100 watt head through an early 60's 4x10 cabinet, a Vox AC 30 and a custom built Splawn that has now become her main amp. She gave the Marshall and Cabinet to my son who now shatters windows with it and his Ibanez. LOL!

wkmac

going to be future Ricky Skaggs?

He gets wound up at about 3:00

My oldest daughter lived and worked in Nashville for a time and one day she sent me a text saying she was having lunch with one of her neighbors. She then sent me a pic of her at Steak and Shake enjoying a burger and shake with Ricky Skaggs. He is even nicer than he comes across on stage. True gentlemen, great person and one hell of a player. Shooter Jennings is another great individual and even better that I'm a huge fan of his dad.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
That's the route to take (multi guitars). My daughter who is the guitarist in the family now has 8 guitars which are Les Paul Standard, 4 ESP one being an M-1000 and her latest addition from about a month ago is a Gretsch White Penguin that sounds incredible. The sustain is just unreal.

The 7 string is also a great option as my daughter considered that at one time (a John Petrucci/Brian Haner Jr. aka Syn Gates phase) plus she was friends with 7 string guitarist Toshi Iseda but decided to stick with 6 when all said and done. She does a lot of live performances so having multiple tuned axes handy just makes better sense for her as she can grab and go. Her main guitars are the Les Paul Standard, ESP Gold Top and M-1000 and the Gretsch White Penguin. She likes the Les Paul and Gretsch for jazz and clean sounds and the 2 ESP guitars as well as the Les Paul for more Rock and heavy distortion sounds. Her ESP guitars all have locked tuning so quick retuning/detuning on the fly becomes about impossible but they do stay in tune and with the Floyd Rose (M-1000 & M-200) makes a huge difference.

She also bought an ESP M-200 that she completely gutted keeping only the neck, body and Floyd Rose. She got custom built electronics to put back into the guitar with Seymour Duncan humbucker at the bridge, cool rail single coil for the middle and a sustainiac for the neck pickup. She got to play Phil Collen's (Def Leppard guitarist) sustainiac guitar and had to have one but wanted a custom built instead of off the shelf. Besides, Collen's guitar was a Jackson and she didn't like the action of the Jackson guitar. The motiff on the guitar (M-200) is Skull and Roses from a design on a pair of spandex pants worn by George Lynch so we jokingly call it the "underwear guitar." She rarely plays it now but when she wants infinite sustain, out it comes. Amps are a Marshall 1980's 100 watt head through an early 60's 4x10 cabinet, a Vox AC 30 and a custom built Splawn that has now become her main amp. She gave the Marshall and Cabinet to my son who now shatters windows with it and his Ibanez. LOL!
She has good taste in axes.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Went ahead and did the strings on my Ibanez, and tried the Not Even Slinky heavy gauge strings and tuned it down to drop A#. The sixth string might stand to be just a little tighter but it's acceptable and they sound great. No issues with the stock nut either.

Picture0127171507_1.jpg