Any New Tech to Help New Drivers?

every.delivery

Hello. First time poster. 3HD 2GD. 14 years. PNW
I was wondering if anyone has found any software to facilitate newer drivers with on boarding? With the VRP going away, the uncertainty of it actually making to our proposed kill date of 4/21 seems unlikely. The Garmin solution is OK, but it is wonky with its share of manual-driver work arounds. (not recognizing the stop complete, inability to alter seq without additional touches) I'm glad X is killing the VRP, as its been on life support for YEARS, but curious if anyone has any nuggets to facilitate, IDK, efficiency?!

FedGT

I used to use route4me until they turned into profit suckers by constantly raising fees I wasn’t going to pay $30 a month so I was no where near the $250 a month now. I am in a different business now and use road warrior it is good but not as easy to download routes and as far as I know can’t do over 100+ stops on a route.it is definitely a crutch but if you have a lot of driver turnover and a ton of residentials (which I am sure you do for what you run) it is worth it.

bacha29

Hello. First time poster. 3HD 2GD. 14 years. PNW
I was wondering if anyone has found any software to facilitate newer drivers with on boarding? With the VRP going away, the uncertainty of it actually making to our proposed kill date of 4/21 seems unlikely. The Garmin solution is OK, but it is wonky with its share of manual-driver work arounds. (not recognizing the stop complete, inability to alter seq without additional touches) I'm glad X is killing the VRP, as its been on life support for YEARS, but curious if anyone has any nuggets to facilitate, IDK, efficiency?!
. Try paying enough so that they might actually give a rat's expletive deleted when it comes to performing the job in a manner that will safe guard your interests. As long as you continue to demand top of the scale performance for bottom of the scale money you will continue to have 3 guys on every truck. One coming one working and one leaving. No technology will ever exist that will offset the negative consequences resulting from being a high demand low wage zero benefit employer offering nothing more than transitional employment. Just a job between jobs. Something to tide them over until a real job comes along.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
. Try paying enough so that they might actually give a rat's expletive deleted when it comes to performing the job in a manner that will safe guard your interests. As long as you continue to demand top of the scale performance for bottom of the scale money you will continue to have 3 guys on every truck. One coming one working and one leaving. No technology will ever exist that will offset the negative consequences resulting from being a high demand low wage zero benefit employer offering nothing more than transitional employment. Just a job between jobs. Something to tide them over until a real job comes along.
Further proof that Ground sucks beyond belief, unnecessary.

Last edited:

every.delivery

@FedEx GT, thanks for actually answering my question. The idea is that my driver's aren't costing me $ manually going through their trucks every day, but profitable from the second they punch. (Not sure if @bacha29 is on wrong thread? This is an industry/ efficiency ? not a rant) This is actually best for drivers as well. Less stress overall. Greater retention etc. Also, the more they are actually earning in their 8 hours, the better their compensation, right?
Has anyone tried Ground Coulds or Velocitor's offerings?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
F4B9AC3B-ACE7-4EED-A223-7B89BA53D45C.jpeg
@FedEx GT, thanks for actually answering my question. The idea is that my driver's aren't costing me $ manually going through their trucks every day, but profitable from the second they punch. (Not sure if @bacha29 is on wrong thread? This is an industry/ efficiency ? not a rant) This is actually best for drivers as well. Less stress overall. Greater retention etc. Also, the more they are actually earning in their 8 hours, the better their compensation, right?

Try these

every.delivery

A map and your brain??? Best technology out there. You’re welcome. :)
Thank You!!! In my experience that "tech" works whilst training bulk or business-heavy GD routes, but those routes aren't profitable. After ISP, not sure why anyone would own a bulk or business-heavy GD route. Back to the thread.....

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Thank You!!! In my experience that "tech" works whilst training bulk or business-heavy GD routes, but those routes aren't profitable. After ISP, not sure why anyone would own a bulk or business-heavy GD route. Back to the thread.....
How long have you been delivering? I’ve been doing it for 25+ years. A map always works best for learning ANY route. It makes it much easier and faster to learn streets. Technology is fine as backup but should not be used as a crutch.

every.delivery

Hey y'all sorry for the tude. I guess what I'm looking for is a solution that is integrated already. Not just about where, generally, is my next delivery/ pickup, but stop detail, along with an auto plotter.

bacha29

The first and most important step toward employee retention is to give them something to look forward to. In turn they will take an interest in what they're doing strive for precision accuracy and responsible route governance. Sending them out there demanding that they do twice as much as a UPS driver in exchange for half the money and no benefits is a step in the wrong direction. If you don't give them what they have coming to them then rest assured you'll get what YOU have coming to you and even the world's finest mapping software will not protect you from it.