Any New Tech to Help New Drivers?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah, zipcode same, streets are same, house number same.... it comes down to the
recipient last name on that label to verify if town name is correct.

Their VRP program can't figure it out what took me a month to compile for them.

It's a headache for the QA clerks, butt they have a binder in the terminal for the misplots now.

I wish our powerpad can save stop comments for future reference, but not yet enabled.ie, a gate entry code.

I recently saw "instructions " tab on the powerpad after scanning a barcode, hmmmm.

Some customers will put their subdivision name of the area, i.e. Golf Acres or Equestrian Acres, so we know that part of town.

MAKAVELI

Yeah, zipcode same, streets are same, house number same.... it comes down to the
recipient last name on that label to verify if town name is correct.

Their VRP program can't figure it out what took me a month to compile for them.

It's a headache for the QA clerks, butt they have a binder in the terminal for the misplots now.

I wish our powerpad can save stop comments for future reference, but not yet enabled.ie, a gate entry code.

I recently saw "instructions " tab on the powerpad after scanning a barcode, hmmmm.

Some customers will put their subdivision name of the area, i.e. Golf Acres or Equestrian Acres, so we know that part of town.
It's not that complicated at all. Mark as a bad address and take it back for your qa clerks to research. Calling the recipient and shipper will get the correct town. You really are making it more difficult than it has to be.

OrioN

Of course it's not complicated since I have area knowledge. I been taking them to the QA clerks before it is preload to my truck & telling them which route it's really going to....

The past week I'll delay it one day NOW to teach 'em a lesson <shrugs>

Don't they get charged for an address correction in either case?

I hated taking them for a ride, unless they gimme a proper stepvan with more room

MAKAVELI

Of course it's not complicated since I have area knowledge. I been taking them to the QA clerks before it is preload to my truck & telling them which route it's really going to....

The past week I'll delay it one day NOW to teach 'em a lesson <shrugs>

Don't they get charged for an address correction in either case?

I hated taking them for a ride, unless they gimme a proper stepvan with more room
Yes they get charged. But if the Shippers are a high volume account they probably won't even notice. Like I said when the pkg is delayed a day or two, it gets the recipients attention and more likely to get the issue fixed for the long term.

OrioN

Blah, only a few outta the 400 routes I've seen are like this... ground has a terminal code 041 for "out for delivery" but not assigned to a particular route.

Driver scans the box, adds it to his/ her stop count, edits the address as needed, then driver release or obtain a signature as required.

I'll take them for a ride if I'm not bricked out.

FedGT

It's not that complicated at all. Mark as a bad address and take it back for your qa clerks to research. Calling the recipient and shipper will get the correct town. You really are making it more difficult than it has to be.
I think you have a different type of QA then Ground. My old terminal you take the box to QA and 90% of the time they bring it back to you within 3 min with a note on label “address verified by google maps”?????????????????
Most of the time the star on the printed map they were so nice to give us would be miles from where the address was actually supposed to be but since google plotted it, we were wrong.
Our terminal also did that for 02/03/12s where they would change our codes to a 27 did not attempt. And would not generate a new label just would write on the box so it would screw our numbers but not the terminal. Then have the audacity to hold contractor meeting with topics like “driver integrity” and doing things right, while making sure top priority was screwing us and preserving their bonuses.

MAKAVELI

I think you have a different type of QA then Ground. My old terminal you take the box to QA and 90% of the time they bring it back to you within 3 min with a note on label “address verified by google maps”?????????????????
Most of the time the star on the printed map they were so nice to give us would be miles from where the address was actually supposed to be but since google plotted it, we were wrong.
Our terminal also did that for 02/03/12s where they would change our codes to a 27 did not attempt. And would not generate a new label just would write on the box so it would screw our numbers but not the terminal. Then have the audacity to hold contractor meeting with topics like “driver integrity” and doing things right, while making sure top priority was screwing us and preserving their bonuses.
We don't have qa, we have csa's that verify an address by calling the recipient and or shipper.

OrioN

GT, thanks for chiming in... yeah they do that type of shenanigans as well for their bonuses.

But I find out that I'm not getting paid to do address corrections on road, heck they don't pay by the hour anyways... so code it correctly & delay the shipment another day.

I also used "address research" via texting CPC thru the powerpad as well, that's on another thread... if they reply while I am still in the area, I'll double back & edit address on the spot

dezguy

Depending on the CSA, we might get a copy of a google map attached to the package saying it’s a correct address. Only the good CSAs actually call the recipient in my station. Lol.
Had that happen to me once.

CSR google mapped the address, which didn't exist and printed up the map and plastered it to the package with a snarky message that the Addy was correct.

Unfortunately for her, she failed to actually look at what she had printed up. It was a map of the town's downtown area with the supposed correct address smack dab in the middle of the river that ran through. Did another wrong address with "take a look at your 'research' before telling me I'm wrong", in the comments.

MAKAVELI

Depending on the CSA, we might get a copy of a google map attached to the package saying it’s a correct address. Only the good CSAs actually call the recipient in my station. Lol.
If I know it's a bad address I'll just give it back and tell them to contact the recipient to confirm.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I have one driver I wish to run over with the gps mount peg going through his eye.
Short of this, I have a :censored2:ty driver to offer.

CJinx

When I did QA (and still do sometimes) I harp on the drivers to use the proper codes.

02 is incorrect recipient address.
03 is unable to locate recipient address.
They do not mean the same thing and should not be used interchangeably.

Driver codes something 02 because he can't find 123 Main St. Consignee calls customer service because they didn't get their package. Agent or station personnel track it and see it was coded as an incorrect address. Consignee protests and says "no, it is correct". Box goes back out with a note saying the address is confirmed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I did QA (and still do sometimes) I harp on the drivers to use the proper codes.

02 is incorrect recipient address.
03 is unable to locate recipient address.
They do not mean the same thing and should not be used interchangeably.

Driver codes something 02 because he can't find 123 Main St. Consignee calls customer service because they didn't get their package. Agent or station personnel track it and see it was coded as an incorrect address. Consignee protests and says "no, it is correct". Box goes back out with a note saying the address is confirmed.

Our clerk will add a note to pkgs that were brought back with a "bad address" giving either directions or a description of the building/house.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Hello. First time poster. 3HD 2GD. 14 years. PNW
I was wondering if anyone has found any software to facilitate newer drivers with on boarding? With the VRP going away, the uncertainty of it actually making to our proposed kill date of 4/21 seems unlikely. The Garmin solution is OK, but it is wonky with its share of manual-driver work arounds. (not recognizing the stop complete, inability to alter seq without additional touches) I'm glad X is killing the VRP, as its been on life support for YEARS, but curious if anyone has any nuggets to facilitate, IDK, efficiency?!
Drive around