Any of your centers...

F

Frankie's Friend

Seems not right to have current air drivers and current drivers delivering ground making less. Kind of like the show up to work bonus. Non union, seasonal employees making more than union employees.
The last retiree that drove here (2 yrs ago) was told he would get 8 hrs of work.

Sure did.

The last time I saw him drive he went out with 155 stops on a rural route and exclaimed "I'm never coming back here again!"
as he was pretripping his vehicle.

Well, he got 8 hrs dispatched...plus 4 more that day.

We have 2 that are running routes and training seasonal drivers, it’s great, if you met our 3 driver sups you’d understand.

That means you've got hope that some will get trained correctly.

F

Frankie's Friend

Sounds like a grievance to me.
In the central region I believe the company doesnt have to staff from the qualified (seniority?) list in Oct, Nov, and Dec.

Its been a while but I believe that's correct. Since he's coverage and doesn't have a feeder bid they force them to run pkgs... I presume.

DeliveryMachine

The last retiree that drove here (2 yrs ago) was told he would get 8 hrs of work.

Sure did.

The last time I saw him drive he went out with 155 stops on a rural route and exclaimed "I'm never coming back here again!"
as he was pretripping his vehicle.

Well, he got 8 hrs dispatched...plus 4 more that day.

That means you've got hope that some will get trained correctly.
Dude if I was already retired and they told me they would give me 8 hours, I would bring work back after 8. They wouldn’t do it again. Not like they can punish him

F

Frankie's Friend

Dude if I was already retired and they told me they would give me 8 hours, I would bring work back after 8. They wouldn’t do it again. Not like they can punish him
Just another goodbye kiss from the company. Did they forget so soon?
Amazing.

Parallel to the statement:

"I wont get you pregnant."

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
In the central region I believe the company doesnt have to staff from the qualified (seniority?) list in Oct, Nov, and Dec.

Its been a while but I believe that's correct. Since he's coverage and doesn't have a feeder bid they force them to run pkgs... I presume.
That is some :censored2:ty language if so. So someone on the union side agreed to not put in some sort of language like “no feeder driver will be displaced while outside seasonal feeder drivers are working”

F

Frankie's Friend

That is some :censored2:ty language if so. So someone on the union side agreed to not put in some sort of language like “no feeder driver will be displaced while outside seasonal feeder drivers are working”
I'll have to read it over again. Maybe @BigUnionGuy can recite the language and interp for us.

The scenario matches the new surepost language for rolled volume.

:bsbullf:

F

Frankie's Friend

Hell, even part time workers wanting to do helper jobs have more protection than your feeder drivers during peak.
If my memory is correct....
Yes.
If not, I apologize for being too tired to look it up tonite.

Prob 51% of the feeder drivers didnt vote that year.
(That was a feeble attempt at humor btw.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If my memory is correct....
Yes.
If not, I apologize for being too tired to look it up tonite.

Prob 51% of the feeder drivers didnt vote that year.
(That was a feeble attempt at humor btw.)
Article 48 section7 (E)
5. The tractor-trailer-qualified list will be used in filling feeder runs except for the months of November and December. The Company will qualify enough tractor-trailer drivers to ensure a sufficient amount of feeder drivers for this purpose.

This is in the Southern as well, not sure what to make of this.

F

Frankie's Friend

Article 48 section7 (E)
5. The tractor-trailer-qualified list will be used in filling feeder runs except for the months of November and December. The Company will qualify enough tractor-trailer drivers to ensure a sufficient amount of feeder drivers for this purpose.

This is in the Southern as well, not sure what to make of this.
Ours says Oct thru December and now prob the 2nd full week of Jan.until the contract is enacted.

Scab feeder owner/ops killed us last year. 2 hrs late with next days.
Add that to the golf cart rodeo and the clown show just breeds and breeds.

It would be so much easier (mentally and phydically) if the ft drivers didnt care.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We have a dinner for retirees during peak. They'd have to serve filet mignon and lobster to get me to show up to one of those after I retire. Forget working...
We have a retired feeder driver get together every 5-6 months. It's at a nice pub that also sells food. I really look forward to those meetings. Haven't missed one since I retired. I do miss the people I worked with with only a couple of exceptions. I don't miss the company. Big difference. It's got nothing to do with UPS. The company rarely comes into the conversation. Mostly it's talk about grandkids, fishing, hunting, insurance, and whatever lies come to mind.