Any Orlando comments on Mike Eskew's visit?

wornoutupser

Are there any Orlando employees that have any comments on Mike Eskew's visit there? I heard that a very large tent, palm trees and poinsettias were put out by the guard shack there. I wonder how much THAT cost?

S

speeddemon

Are there any Orlando employees that have any comments on Mike Eskew's visit there? I heard that a very large tent, palm trees and poinsettias were put out by the guard shack there. I wonder how much THAT cost?

Doesn't matter, its not coming out of his pocket.

hoser

Industrial Slob
I am a shareholder, so YES, it's coming out of my pocket!
Right, and cops shouldn't give us tickets because we pay their salary and the people in the passport office should give me the best service first because my tax money signs their paycheque. You're more responsible than this, over9...

If you think a tent is frivilous spending, not only do you need to spend a day in corporate operations or balancing their books, you should see how much they pay per day for management consultants. Around ten tents a day, unless this made up figure of $17 000 is true :confused:1, which its not. $17 000 pays for a wedding with open bar for 300 people, not a bloody tent.

Thebrowntruth

Anyone remember the stories of Jim Casey and how he would make surprise visits to our buildings? Even heard stories of him meeting a feeder driver at a rest stop to ride with him back to the building then have a memberr of management drive him back to his car. Am I alone in thinking we would just about run through a wall for a corporate management team like that today? If you want to see and hear how it really is dont bother looking in the tent or behind the portable palm tree!

BoogaBooga

I am just glad Mike got out to see what is going on outside Atlanta. He needs to visit more large and small operations all over this country.

over9five

Staff member
Oh come on! They knew he was coming! He certainly didn't see things as they actually are.

I'd love to see Eskew show up at start time in a surprise visit, and see the real mess we see every day.

G

Gorean

Oh come on! They knew he was coming! He certainly didn't see things as they actually are.

I'd love to see Eskew show up at start time in a surprise visit, and see the real mess we see every day.

I may be wrong but I dont believe that Mike has ever lifted a parcel.....Never assigned to a front line operation......Only staff positions and among those who believe that technology will actually move the parcels along with the information associated with them...Im sure Mr Casey is spinning in his grave......

Megansman

He can't do that -- apparently he needs a tent and some palm trees where ever he goes...

LKLND3380

I am just glad Mike got out to see what is going on outside Atlanta. He needs to visit more large and small operations all over this country.

How they really are??? I bet they brought in preload in an hour early just to make sure things ran smooth and clean... Any time UPS know of a visit Upper management, ketar audit, osha, etc... Things are not done the usual way...

I would love to see Ketar show up with five minute notice to a center... As it is UPS know they will be in a area and then have two hours notice of which center is being hit with an audit...

LKLND3380

I may be wrong but I dont believe that Mike has ever lifted a parcel.....Never assigned to a front line operation......Only staff positions and among those who believe that technology will actually move the parcels along with the information associated with them...Im sure Mr Casey is spinning in his grave......

Who would love to see Mikey in the unload??? Or have him load a package car and then count the misloads...