Any other buildings get steam rolled today?

brownboxman

Here in Oregon we still have folks on vaca due to the way the calander fell, totally un-prepared for what happened on Wed, I got done at 7 I was the 2nd driver they let stay in. lot of routes still with 20 - 50 stops left. They said the bump up would last though Fri and then back down or level off, we will see.

kingOFchester

If this is a bump in volume and should go down next week, we are still in for a world of hurt in my building come the last week or 2 of peak. We are running everything and everyone we have. We have no more drivers. No more helpers, and more importantly no more trucks. Trailers are getting rolled over and drivers bringing back plenty of stops. This isn't even peak week volume. I think we are allowed to work 60hrs a week? If true, Even if they wanted to call us in on a Saturday, I would only be able to work abut 1-3 hours.

All good at the Castle. The OT will be appreciated by the Queen and Princesses.

kingOFchester

here:

chart1.jpg

chart.jpg
chart1.jpg
chart.jpg

Steward773

And I thought there was only chaos in my building.......silly me. I was beginning to believe our building was becoming a storage facility, I think we actually got everything out last night!

P

pickup

I went to visit my buddy today in Barrie,and we plugged his Gibson SG into
garageband and it sounded awesome I'm on vac-a this week.
I'm sure Monday will bring me right back into this insanity.

garage band on mac is great , isn't it?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Seems like a pattern here! Maybe these are the "OPTIMAL" decisions that are being made by UPS Management as HOAXSTER would call them.?

In our hub, trailers are being "rolled" and NOT fed into the sort because the belts are overwhelmed and the cars packed to the gills. Stuff is being left behind in the hundreds. We have NO MORE DRIVERS, and the company has already used up all the air drivers and vacation cover drivers and we have nothing left but to borrow drivers from other HUBS miles away.

We also dont have any more trucks.

As for hours, i have gone over 13 hours for three days, and today will probably come close again today. We continue to bring back service failures and that wipes out the next day. Tomorrow, I will only be able to work 8.5 hours. Gonna be an early friday for me!, and nowhere for the work to go.

"OPTIMAL" decisions, eh HOAXSTER?

Peace

TOS

Seems like a pattern here! Maybe these are the "OPTIMAL" decisions that are being made by UPS Management as HOAXSTER would call them.?

In our hub, trailers are being "rolled" and NOT fed into the sort because the belts are overwhelmed and the cars packed to the gills. Stuff is being left behind in the hundreds. We have NO MORE DRIVERS, and the company has already used up all the air drivers and vacation cover drivers and we have nothing left but to borrow drivers from other HUBS miles away.

We also dont have any more trucks.

As for hours, i have gone over 13 hours for three days, and today will probably come close again today. We continue to bring back service failures and that wipes out the next day. Tomorrow, I will only be able to work 8.5 hours. Gonna be an early friday for me!, and nowhere for the work to go.

"OPTIMAL" decisions, eh HOAXSTER?

Peace

TOS
thats logistics. I love logistics

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This morning, our hub is SLAMMED. The PDS computer screen is solid RED. We are out of drivers to borrow or promote and SUPERVISORS are having to deliver packages today!

Drivers who are out of hours will be relieved by SUPERVISORS in the PM!

"OPTIMAL" decisions.... A term that will live in INFAMY!!

Merry Fricken Christmas!

Peace

TOS

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I don't miss that red screen. This is my second peak in feeders. My stops have remained the same as they were in the summer: two. Drive there; drive back. 11 HRS later, me day is done. For every other driver in package car who follows the methods, I can't recommend feeders enough.

Put down the doobie, Spicoli.

Unless you have more seniority than me, and drive in this hub. In that case, keep humping...