Any other isp's/contractors being offered contingency to help struggling ic's

Are station has just rolled out this new incentive to help struggling ic's they used to dangle the free psa's over our head now this. Just curious what's some of the highest core zones you gotten?

It will be fine

Are station has just rolled out this new incentive to help struggling ic's they used to dangle the free psa's over our head now this. Just curious what's some of the highest core zones you gotten?
It’s becoming pretty common these days. I’m under ISP so they pay an additional stop charge plus your surge stop charge plus your regular stop charge. I cleaned up some for a station about an hour away a few years ago. I had to leave my house an hour early but I cleared $1k for the day. I waited a bit after their first offer, they’ll offer more the closer it gets to Christmas. Let it burn for at least another week, PGH needs to learn what happens when they go too cheap.

Yes I've helped at a station 2 hours away from mine and received a 350 core zone daily which was nice , but I've heard it is a negotiation and dont except the first offer there TM offers sounds like your validating that I guess I'm gonna tell them I cant help anymore unless they go up even more . I'm not under isp yet so that's why they offer incentive in the core zone

Yes I've helped at a station 2 hours away from mine and received a 350 core zone daily for 1 truck only doing 40 stops which was nice , but I've heard it is a negotiation and dont except the first offer there TM offers sounds like your validating that I guess I'm gonna tell them I cant help anymore unless they go up even more . I'm not under isp yet so that's why they offer incentive in the core zone

It will be fine

Yes I've helped at a station 2 hours away from mine and received a 350 core zone daily for 1 truck only doing 40 stops which was nice , but I've heard it is a negotiation and dont except the first offer there TM offers sounds like your validating that I guess I'm gonna tell them I cant help anymore unless they go up even more . I'm not under isp yet so that's why they offer incentive in the core zone
No reason not to make them sweat and beg. The nice part of failures happening during peak is it’s the only time of year where a good contractor doesn’t need any more money. It’s nice to pad the profit for the year, but it’s not like it’s cash you were counting on. If I’m going to head to an unfamiliar area to bail out Fedex after they probably short changed the guy that’s failing, I’ll be sure it costs them much more than it would have if they had paid properly to begin with.

Exec32

This is exactly what I have been talking about. Instead of X respecting contractors by providing a decent contract with competitive revenues so ic's can avoid these problems, they count on you guys behaving like stupid sheep. More than ready to provide assistance in a crisis to your only customer. You guys will never change and X knows it. X WILL never change because they have contractors like you guys that dont value leverage. Many of you that brag about helping out, and making a little more money will have no idea what I'm really talking about.
X uses these short term fixes to avoid the real problems that exists.
Keep up the good work screwing yourselves..hahhaha,lol..

oldrps

What guarantee does FedEx get from a contractor that if they pay more to not fail at peak? Does FedEx let the packages sit if a contractor is paid more and does not have the capacity or fails to plan?

Peak is a one month (short term) problem each year, hence a short term solution. I would rather pay 20% more one month a year rather than pay 20% more all 12 months a year.

If I were going to help out a failing contractor, I would expect to be paid more money as well and apparently that is what FedEx is doing. I am not saying that FedEx shouldn't pay a contractor more, but paying more money does not guarantee a contractor will be successful.

bacha29

What guarantee does FedEx get from a contractor that if they pay more to not fail at peak? Does FedEx let the packages sit if a contractor is paid more and does not have the capacity or fails to plan?

Peak is a one month (short term) problem each year, hence a short term solution. I would rather pay 20% more one month a year rather than pay 20% more all 12 months a year.

If I were going to help out a failing contractor, I would expect to be paid more money as well and apparently that is what FedEx is doing. I am not saying that FedEx shouldn't pay a contractor more, but paying more money does not guarantee a contractor will be successful.
It does however reduce the chances of him not being successful.
At the same time it requires cooperation on both ends. When XG pays a contractor additional seasonal premiums it is with the expectation that it be used to procure additional seasonal assets not stuff it down his pocket.At the same time the cost of procuring, training, outfitting and equipping extra manpower and vehicles just for a few weeks is staggering. Not to mention the fact that by the time you get that person's production up to the break even level peak season's over.
The core issue still exists year round. The challenge of finding a person willing to go out there everyday match and exceed the average UPS driver's production and do it for half the pay
They'll do it for awhile until they catch onto the game........Trouble is XG still believes that there will always be somebody else standing by ready to step in and fill the void. .... And if there isn't.......well, that the contractor's problem.

Heard a story from a tm that there is a contractor that takes like 4 guys goes all around the us bailing out stations that are struggling. He is making a killing or maybe they just tell me that to inspire me to help . It really is a hustle when they get hard up you can really name your price to help I've heard. This isn't a seasonal thing either it's a year round . they didnt have anything like this when i first became a contractor . You can even get this contingency corezone in your own station.