Any pros in becoming a PT Sup?

BryantheLion

I leef deengs up n boot dem down
Was asked if I was interested. I've heard that it's stressful and all blame lands on you, even if standards are impossible...you're still to blame. Besides the bad, are there any pros? What's the pay/progression like? Is it a deadlock position or are there chances of still becoming a driver? Any information is well appreciated.

ManInBrown

I'm assuming you are a loader. If that is correct, and you have any aspirations of one day becoming a driver, then stay a loader. Do not take a pt sup position

BryantheLion

I leef deengs up n boot dem down
I'm assuming you are a loader. If that is correct, and you have any aspirations of one day becoming a driver, then stay a loader. Do not take a pt sup position

I am a loader and I do have aspirations of becoming a driver one day. My mind is made up, thanks for the help.

margaritaville

Do no become a part time sup if you have any plans at all to drive. Im an air driver and make way more than my part time sup boss. One day of ground help is probably what he makes in a week. Actually i prob made the same as my full time hub supervisor last year since they called me to help a lot. Pretty much everyday during xmas and thats 500$ a day about.

If you are focused in college and have no plans of driving at all, could be worth it. Otherwise its a useless job.

garrettej8

I started out as a seasonal package thrower, err, I mean loader. Got re-hired after the holidays and worked for about 3 months before the sort manager approached me and asked if I'd be interested in being a supervisor. It paid more than I was making at the time and seemed easier. It was not. Long story short, they put you in different areas whenever they feel like it and you get blamed for everything even if you're under staffed. I had so many grievances filed against me for actually having to work (unload PC's, feeders, sort just to save my own ass.) I did that BS of a job for about 4 years and then asked the same manager if there was any chance that I could be a driver. He and I were pretty friendly so he helped me out by giving me the opportunity and I went through the training that went along with being a driver. So in the end, yes, it's possible but it helps to make friends with people that have the ability to help you in certain ways. Also, no, don't become a supervisor lol.

Was asked if I was interested. I've heard that it's stressful and all blame lands on you, even if standards are impossible...you're still to blame. Besides the bad, are there any pros? What's the pay/progression like? Is it a deadlock position or are there chances of still becoming a driver? Any information is well appreciated.
If you go to the bar and you tell women what you do for a living they will a want to go home with you.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
You have to be next in line in the rotation to get the driver job. As a loader, your chances are about 5 times better than as a sup. Also for whatever reason, here at my center, anytime a sup did take a driver job, they never stayed at it. I believe they are pressured to return to mgmt out quit. They usually quit.

blkmamba

As a former sup, I highly recommend against it. Everyone thinks their part time sup experience will be different (I was on of them) but it's not.