Any South Carolina workers on here?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I am currently a cover driver in another state and will most likely be transferring to Columbia sometime in the next year. I understand the rules of transferring and know I will be at the bottom of the hub seniority list. Can anyone give me an idea of the wait time to cover drive at locations in South Carolina.

More than likely we will be going to Columbia but Charleston or some areas outside of Columbia could be an option.

TIA

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
If they keep on making feeder drivers at the rate they did last year, not long. I know they just posted a package car school list in Aiken, which is something they haven't done in at least 3 years.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Thanks for the info, do you work in Aiken? We will more than likely end up in Lexington so that would be a haul everyday. I was looking at pictures of South Carolina hubs on Google Maps and all of the hubs look pretty small...even Columbia.

Current hub has 2 centers with about 100 routes on a normal week. It only has 2 sorts with about 100 people each so it took me about 4 years to go to driving class and another 1 1/2 years before they started using me regularly. Our hub doesn't have feeders bid out so finding a hub with drivers going to feeders would be a plus.