Any tips for writting part time supervisor letter of intent

Overpaid Union Thug

Any one have any tips on writting the letter of intent to be a part time supervisor.

Yeah....put it in the shredder as soon as you can! But if you are really sure you want to go through with this then I'd go to HR and ask for help. Our HR here helps people with that and will even give an example letter as a guide.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Not sure what you do now but be sure you know what you are getting yourself into. Talk to some other part time sups. and see how they feel. If you do go into a sup job I hope the Big Brown machine does not chew you up and spit you out. Good luck

A

Anonymous Supervisor

When I wrote my letter of intent, I was told to write a little about myself(where I worked, my job title, how long I've been there, service numbers, if I was involved in any committees, volunteer work, and schooling). The second part of my letter focused on what I wanted to accomplish at UPS and how I could contribute to the company. I kept my letter brief and to the point. Make sure you type your letter and use a professional format. In my experience, if you had the endorsement of your full-time supervisor and were a solid worker, the letter was more of a formality as far as a promotion. The supervisor's test would determine if you would become a sup. Good luck.

disneyworld

Tell them you can multitask such as being very flexible-so grabbing your ankles won't be a problem. Being ambidextrous is always helpful when you need to talk out of both sides of your mouth.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Does anyone here find it remotely ironic that our friend tieguy will post endless crap in every thread he has no business in and minimal knowledge about, but won't touch this thread to help a management canididate where he'd actually be helpful?

brownrodster

Any one have any tips on writting the letter of intent to be a part time supervisor.

Wow around here all you have to do is note that you have a pulse and are conscious most of the time and they'll give you the job.

They actually had a sample one here you could copy...

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
Does anyone here find it remotely ironic that our friend tieguy will post endless crap in every thread he has no business in and minimal knowledge about, but won't touch this thread to help a management canididate where he'd actually be helpful?

A colonel is not gonna give a damn about a worthless NCO.:knockedout:

UPS Lifer

Spell check is not the only area you need to look at. Your sentence construction is another key area to focus on.

Get with your manager first and ask him/her what they think you need to do to become a PT supervisor. Have him or her assign a mentor to help you on your path. When constructing the letter get someone you know who is proficient in writing and composition skills and have them re-read your letter. Be prepared to do 2, 3 or 4 re-writes before it is ready to go to the manager or HR.